Starting new script withing a script.

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Starting new script withing a script.

by Capyn on Sun May 14, 2017 5:08 pm

Hi there,

Forgive me, I'm new to iMacros and only know so much!

I'm trying to find out whether iMacro's is capable of starting a new command if a value exists.

For example..

I have set my iMacro to refresh the webpage; clicking a particular button every x amount of time. What I am trying to implement on top if this is it if an incoming message comes through I want the script to see it, and either shut down, or log off.

So far I can tell the script to loop + click button + see incoming message, but I don't know how to tell it to shut down once incoming message appears.

Is this possible? Or does it require something a little more complicated than iMacro?

I hope the above makes sense.
Thanks in advance.
Capyn

Re: Starting new script withing a script.

by chivracq on Sun May 14, 2017 6:31 pm

Capyn wrote:Hi there,

I'm trying to find out whether iMacro's is capable of starting a new command if a value exists.

For example..

I have set my iMacro to refresh the webpage; clicking a particular button every x amount of time. What I am trying to implement on top if this is it if an incoming message comes through I want the script to see it, and either shut down, or log off.

So far I can tell the script to loop + click button + see incoming message, but I don't know how to tell it to shut down once incoming message appears.

Is this possible? Or does it require something a little more complicated than iMacro?

Thanks in advance.

(F)CIM...! :mrgreen:
Sorry but mention your FCI for me read, read my Sig..., many Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions, posting in the 'FF' Sub-Forum means that your Pb is specific to ONLY iMacros for FF but you don't even mention our FCI...! :roll:
Consider reading the Forum Rules for Required Info to include in your Post when you open a Thread... :idea:

But to answer your Qt only from your Thread Title, yep "starting a new Script from within a Script" is possible...
=> If you are using iMacros for FF indeed, and using a (main) '.js' Script, you can start an '.iim' Script from your '.js' Script with the 'iimPlay()' Command (check the Wiki), and there is a Trick/Syntax to start a '.js' or '.iim' Script from an '.iim' Script (you should find it if you search the Forum a bit) but this Syntax is broken since v9.0.3 for FF + FF52/53 and you would need to revert to v8.9.7 for FF...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by Capyn on Tue May 16, 2017 8:00 am

chivracq wrote:

For example..

Thanks in advance.

Sorry but mention your FCI for me read, read my Sig..., many Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions, posting in the 'FF' Sub-Forum means that your Pb is specific to ONLY iMacros for FF but you don't even mention our FCI...! :roll:
Consider reading the Forum Rules for Required Info to include in your Post when you open a Thread... :idea:

But to answer your Qt only from your Thread Title, yep "starting a new Script from within a Script" is possible...
=> If you are using iMacros for FF indeed, and using a (main) '.js' Script, you can start an '.iim' Script from your '.js' Script with the 'iimPlay()' Command (check the Wiki), and there is a Trick/Syntax to start a '.js' or '.iim' Script from an '.iim' Script (you should find it if you search the Forum a bit) but this Syntax is broken since v9.0.3 for FF + FF52/53 and you would need to revert to v8.9.7 for FF...

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate it :) :)
Capyn

by Capyn on Tue May 16, 2017 5:06 pm

chivracq wrote:

For example..

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

So sorry i forgot to mention i am running the most up to date Firefox with the most up to date iMarcos (.iim) - I am trouble shooting on two operating systems; Windows Live (service pack 2) and also Apple Mac book pro (OS X YOSEMITE 10.10.1).

I hope this covers (F)CIM - i'm not too familiar with these accroyms sorry! :)
Capyn

by chivracq on Tue May 16, 2017 7:51 pm

So sorry i forgot to mention i am running the most up to date Firefox with the most up to date iMarcos (.iim) - I am trouble shooting on two operating systems; Windows Live (service pack 2) and also Apple Mac book pro (OS X YOSEMITE 10.10.1).

Pfff, still have to "decrypt" your Post, sorry but "latest Version" and "most up to date Version" often doesn't mean much, especially with FF and CR, you always have 4 "latest Versions", and "most up to date" depends on which "Channel" you are...
Is it that complicated to check your 'Help'/'About' and to mention the exact Version...?

Without saying that "latest Version" won't mean anything anymore to sbd reading the Thread in a few weeks/months/years...!

But OK, a 'Standard"/"Common" FCI with the Info you provided would be:
iMacros for FF v9.0.3...?, FF53...?, MacOS X_10_10.1
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by Capyn on Tue May 16, 2017 9:17 pm

chivracq wrote:

Pfff, still have to "decrypt" your Post, sorry but "latest Version" and "most up to date Version" often doesn't mean much, especially with FF and CR, you always have 4 "latest Versions", and "most up to date" depends on which "Channel" you are...
Is it that complicated to check your 'Help'/'About' and to mention the exact Version...?

Without saying that "latest Version" won't mean anything anymore to sbd reading the Thread in a few weeks/months/years...!

But OK, a 'Standard"/"Common" FCI with the Info you provided would be:
iMacros for FF v9.0.3...?, FF53...?, MacOS X_10_10.1

Yup that's my (F)CIM :) you nailed it perfectly thank you!
FF v9.0.3, FF53, MacOS X_10_10.1
Capyn

by chivracq on Thu May 18, 2017 7:25 am

Capyn wrote:Yup that's my (F)CIM :) you nailed it perfectly thank you!
Code: Select all
FF v9.0.3, FF53, MacOS X_10_10.1

Oh yeah..., took so long to get your FCI, I forgot I still had to read your Opening Post, ah-ah...!, as I only gave you some "generic" Reply based on solely your Thread Title... OK, here it goes:
Capyn wrote:I'm trying to find out whether iMacro's is capable of starting a new command if a value exists.

For example..

For "if an incoming message comes through I want the script to see it":
=> Beeeh, yep, simply try to tag the Field containing/corresponding (to) your "incoming message" (with '!ERRORIGNORE' and you can play maybe on '!TIMEOUT_STEP'), then either using ['EXTRACT' + 'EVAL()'] or ["Relative Positioning"] to take some further Action(s).

I don't understand what you mean about "and either shut down, or log off"...:
What do you want to "shut down"...? Stop the Script...?, or close the Browser...?, or shut down or log off (from) your Computer...?
iMacros "works" at the Browser Level, not at the OS Level. There are a few "Tricks"/Possibilities, but those are cumbersome "Workarounds" and not a "Standard" Use of iMacros...
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Firefox