Problem using iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Problem using iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3

by hemve on Tue May 16, 2017 2:42 am

Hello,

**First of all, I apologize for my bad english**

I wrote macro with a loop, this macro works perfectly on iMacros 8.9.7 but it's not working on iMacros 9.0.3.

The macro stops at :
CMDLINE !DATASOURCE

I don't understand why...
hemve

Re: Problem using iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3

by chivracq on Tue May 16, 2017 6:13 am

hemve wrote:Hello,

**First of all, I apologize for my bad english**

I wrote macro with a loop, this macro works perfectly on iMacros 8.9.7 but it's not working on iMacros 9.0.3.

The macro stops at :
Code: Select all
CMDLINE !DATASOURCE

I don't understand why...

FCIM...! :mrgreen:
=> iMacros for FF v9.0.3 (+v8.9.7), FF53...?, OS...?

You could have mentioned if you get any RuntimeError...?

Yep, not surprised, 'CMDLINE' got (partially) deprecated maybe 5 or 6 years ago, and (90% of) its Functionality included in the 'SET' Command.

iMacros has over the years usually done a very good job with Backward Compatibility with previously deprecated Commands, but I guess Dev did a bit of "Clean-up" in v9.0.3 and 'CMDLINE' is not supported anymore... (though it's not documented in the Release Notes...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by hemve on Mon May 22, 2017 2:24 am

:oops: Sorry for FCIM !

I use iMacros for FF 9.0.3., Firefox 53.0.3 and Windows 7.

I replaced CMDLINE with SET (and it's working, thank you for your help !)

But I also need Record options "use X/Y position", and it seems that it is not working on iMacros 9.0.3., so I think I will use iMacros 8.9.7...
hemve

by chivracq on Mon May 22, 2017 3:14 am

hemve wrote::oops: Sorry for FCIM !

I use
Code: Select all
iMacros for FF 9.0.3., Firefox 53.0.3 and Windows 7.

I replaced CMDLINE with SET (and it's working, thank you for your help !)

But I also need Record options "use X/Y position", and it seems that it is not working on iMacros 9.0.3., so I think I will use iMacros 8.9.7...

OK for 'CMDLINE' and 'SET'...
If you still had Statements with 'CMDLINE' (I still have a few Macros as well using those, but I only need them once a year...), you could maybe "review" the Code of your Macros to check for other deprecated Commands that maybe still work but one day will probably be abandoned...

Yep, the Record Option for the 'CLICK X/Y' Mode has been removed in v9.0.3 for FF, it only still works in Replay Mode, but the 'EVENT' Mode is supposed to replace it with its 'CLICK' Statements.
You can still create those Statements manually by "deducting" them from the 'EVENT' Mode or by using some external Tool/Add-on to find the Coordinates, or record in v8.9.7 for FF or some other Browser...

v9.0.3 for FF is pretty Buggy anyway, best stable Version at this moment is still v8.9.7, which still works on FF53.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Firefox