Trouble with inserting image for upload

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Trouble with inserting image for upload

by sdolac on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:14 am

Hello. I have browsed over forum for some time, but whatever I tried didn't work.
I am using firefox and imacros latest and I am trying to add image for uploading, but it doesn't seem to work.
The field remains blank and it seems like it doesn't even find and use the image.

Script for upload field:
Code: Select all
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT ATTR=NAME:file-upload-01  CONTENT=C:\Users\Toshiba\Documents\iMacros\captcha.png

I also tried recording it and ended up with:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=ACTION:/index.cgi ATTR=NAME:file-upload-01 CONTENT=C:\Users\Toshiba\Documents\iMacros\captcha.png
sdolac

Re: Trouble with inserting image for upload

by chivracq on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:48 am

sdolac wrote:Hello. I have browsed over forum for some time, but whatever I tried didn't work.
I am using firefox and imacros latest and I am trying to add image for uploading, but it doesn't seem to work.
The field remains blank and it seems like it doesn't even find and use the image.

Script for upload field:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT ATTR=NAME:file-upload-01  CONTENT=C:\Users\Toshiba\Documents\iMacros\captcha.png

I also tried recording it and ended up with:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=ACTION:/index.cgi ATTR=NAME:file-upload-01 CONTENT=C:\Users\Toshiba\Documents\iMacros\captcha.png

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
"firefox and imacros latest" is always a bit vague and still leaves a Matrix of about 16 different FCI's to choose from, and "latest" won't mean anything anymore to sbd reading the Thread in a few weeks/months/years...!
=> iMacros for FF v9.0.3...?, FF53...?, OS: Win...?

But if you are using v9.0.3 for FF, you should get some Error Msg telling you that 'FILE UPLOAD' is not supported (anymore) in v9.0.3 for FF...
=> Revert to v8.9.7 for FF (which still works on FF53)...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Firefox