I have an ISSUE when Extract the URL and open in new TAB

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

I have an ISSUE when Extract the URL and open in new TAB

by krkannan94 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:34 pm

english isn't my first language so please excuse any mistakes :)
I'm using iMacros v9.0.3 on Firefox 53.0.3 (64 bit) in Windows 8 x64
i want to extract the url of youtube channel and open in new tab

i have tried some methods but i'm not so lucky it always ends up with fails "http:///#EANF#"

Here is my iim code:
Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
SET !VAR1 1
ADD !VAR1 {{!LOOP}}
TAG POS={{!VAR1}} TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=HREF
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
URL GOTO={{!EXTRACT}}
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS

any ideas to open the URL in new Tab ?? and thanks in advance
Last edited by krkannan94 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
krkannan94

Re: I have an ISSUE when Extract the URL and open in new TAB

by chivracq on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:19 am

krkannan94 wrote:english isn't my first language so please excuse any mistakes :)
I'm using
iMacros v9.0.3 on Firefox 53.0.3 (64 bit) in Windows 8 x64

i want to extract the url of youtube channel and open in new tab

i have tried some methods but i'm not so lucky it always ends up with fails "http:///#EANF#"

Here is my iim code:
VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
SET !VAR1 1
ADD !VAR1 {{!LOOP}}
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
URL GOTO={{!EXTRACT}}
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS

any ideas to open the URL in new Tab ?? and thanks in advance

Yeah, you don't need to mention that English is not your "first English" each time you open a Thread, this applies as well to more than 80% of all Users on this Forum... :roll:

OK, I had look at your Script/Site, but include the URL clearly in your Script or Post next time, I won't go typing it manually again from your Screenshot, ah-ah...! :idea:

Well, I guess you want to open your 2 Channels or maybe only the 2nd one, not clear as you don't mention what you want to do..., but, tja...!, no wonder, you've removed all Attributes, and the Page is full of 'DIV' Elements so you are now tagging some (invisible) 'DIV' at the Top of the Page about 'Connection' etc..., and the 'DIV' that you want has now maybe become 'POS=15'...
Check with 'EXTRACT=HTM' first to check which Element you are tagging... :idea:

And I'm not sure you can use 'EXTRACT=HREF' on a 'DIV', I thought it was only for Links ('A') and Images ('IMG'), you might need to use 'EXTRACT=HTM' anyway and isolate your URL from that Extract, as the Click on the 'DIV' is probably done from some 'onClick' JavaScript on the 'DIV' that 'EXTRACT=HREF' will not catch...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by krkannan94 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:40 pm

Yeah, you don't need to mention that English is not your "first English" each time you open a Thread, this applies as well to more than 80% of all Users on this Forum... :roll:

yeah ok :D :D :D :D

Well, I guess you want to open your 2 Channels or maybe only the 2nd one, not clear as you don't mention what you want to do..., but, tja...!, no wonder, you've removed all Attributes, and the Page is full of 'DIV' Elements so you are now tagging some (invisible) 'DIV' at the Top of the Page about 'Connection' etc..., and the 'DIV' that you want has now maybe become 'POS=15'...
Check with 'EXTRACT=HTM' first to check which Element you are tagging... :idea:

And I'm not sure you can use 'EXTRACT=HREF' on a 'DIV', I thought it was only for Links ('A') and Images ('IMG'), you might need to use 'EXTRACT=HTM' anyway and isolate your URL from that Extract, as the Click on the 'DIV' is probably done from some 'onClick' JavaScript on the 'DIV' that 'EXTRACT=HREF' will not catch...

i already tried extract=html/href/htm none seem to work. anyway thanks for your valuable reply :) :) have a nice day
krkannan94

by chivracq on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:32 am

krkannan94 wrote:i already tried extract=html/href/htm none seem to work. anyway thanks for your valuable reply :) :) have a nice day

Well, I don't know what you "tried" but 'EXTRACT=HTM' (and not "HTML"...!) will always work...!

SET !VAR1 1
ADD !VAR1 {{!LOOP}}

But I can't tell from your Script what exactly you are trying to do...?
But OK, I "deduct" from your "valuable reply + have a nice day" that you don't really need a Solution... :|
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Firefox