After restart Firefox: iMacros continues from where it left

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

After restart Firefox: iMacros continues from where it left

by kingshok on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:04 pm

after restart Firefox ; How can iMacros continues where it left ?

Windows 7 (32-bit)
Version 9.0.3
Mozilla Firefox 52.2.0) (32-bit)
kingshok

Re: After restart Firefox: iMacros continues from where it l

by chivracq on Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:24 am

kingshok wrote:after restart Firefox ; How can iMacros continues where it left ?

Code: Select all
Windows 7  (32-bit)
Version 9.0.3
Mozilla Firefox 52.2.0) (32-bit)

Oh..., very good that you mention your FCI "directly" now, ah-ah...!, but hum..., you didn't follow up anymore on your previous Thread 6 months ago... :roll: , so you'll first have to finish that one a bit neatly and share your Final Solution to make that Thread as well a bit useful for other Users searching the Forum for me to want to help you again in this one... :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by kingshok on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:08 pm

Last problem was solved
please help me with correct problem.I can restart Firefox with .js code . but after restart in not continues from where it left
kingshok

by chivracq on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:33 am

kingshok wrote:Last problem was solved
please help me with correct problem.I can restart Firefox with .js code . but after restart in not continues from where it left

Yep, I saw your Post with your Solution in your previous Thread, interesting Solution btw, I posted a Reply in that Thread... (... doesn't really need some Follow-up from you this time, ah-ah...)

Okay, now, well-well-well...! Pfff..., dunno actually...
First how do you "restart Firefox with .js code"...?, I know how to kill/start/restart FF with a Macro from a '.BAT' File but I've never seen I think how to do that with ".js code"...

And why is FF closing...? What is closing the Browser...? Is it crashing or is it your Script which is closing it...?
If it's your Script which is closing the Browser, tja...!, you need to "follow up" what your Script is doing and if your Script is looping for example, you need to implement some "Logging" for each Loop that will write into some mini-TEMP File what is the current Loop (with some Timestamp maybe) and read that TEMP File again when launching your Macro (again)... But hum, this applies as well if the Browser is crashing... Even if Browser crashing is never a good thing, ah-ah...!
But some good Practice is that if in "Average", your Browser will crash after 4-5-6 hours for example, to then have your Script every 3 hours then to be safe launch a '.BAT' File that will kill the Browser and restart it with your Macro. (Can be done from the OS Task Scheduler as well..., which is even more reliable than from your Script itself, in case a Crash would happen once even before 3h...)

Oh...!, but I see you are on v9.0.3 "now" (compared to your previous Thread), v8.9.7 is more stable btw, still works on FF52/53/54, and you'll need the 'FILEDELETE' + 'SAVEAS' + '!DATASOURCE' Commands for your mini-TEMP Logging File, but in v9.0.3, Access for 'FILEDELETE' is now limited to only the iMacros 'Downloads' Folder, I think..., so you have to take this Limitation into account when deciding where to "keep" your mini-Log File...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Firefox