A Few questions related to firefox imacros

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

A Few questions related to firefox imacros

by babarali124 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:42 am

Hello guys,

I am really new to imacros and i have been creating some imacros scripts using the basic code that imacros provides. But there are still things that are unclear and i want your help and guidance for that.

1. I can run my script on firefox browser, by simply opening it and selecting it , then i simply play it for x number of times. Now the thing is I want to run it from command line. I did find some code that i could use but it is still missing something. Below is the code that works for me ..

Code: Select all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" imacros://run/?m=myscript.iim

Now the first thing is the I want it to open in a new instance of firefox.
Someone Suggested me this code but it does the same thing
start /B "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" imacros://run/?m=myscript.iim

2nd thing is the loop, When i run the script through command line, it gives me the below error. I want to run it for like x number of times, Basically the script takes records from a xl file and runs the loop till all records are finished. I want it that way but running it through command line gives me the below error and opens it in the same firefox instance.

You started a macro that contains LOOP functions with the normal PLAY button. This means the macro will run only once. The value of the {{!LOOP}} variable is 1.

You need to start the macro with the LOOP button (not the PLAY button) to run it in loops.

This is my loop code in my imacros
SET !LOOP 2
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!loop}}
babarali124

Re: A Few questions related to firefox imacros

by chivracq on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:20 am

babarali124 wrote:Hello guys,

I am really new to imacros and i have been creating some imacros scripts using the basic code that imacros provides. But there are still things that are unclear and i want your help and guidance for that.

1. I can run my script on firefox browser, by simply opening it and selecting it , then i simply play it for x number of times. Now the thing is I want to run it from command line. I did find some code that i could use but it is still missing something. Below is the code that works for me ..

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" imacros://run/?m=myscript.iim

Now the first thing is the I want it to open in a new instance of firefox.
Someone Suggested me this code but it does the same thing
start /B "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" imacros://run/?m=myscript.iim

2nd thing is the loop, When i run the script through command line, it gives me the below error. I want to run it for like x number of times, Basically the script takes records from a xl file and runs the loop till all records are finished. I want it that way but running it through command line gives me the below error and opens it in the same firefox instance.

You started a macro that contains LOOP functions with the normal PLAY button. This means the macro will run only once. The value of the {{!LOOP}} variable is 1.

You need to start the macro with the LOOP button (not the PLAY button) to run it in loops.

This is my loop code in my imacros
SET !LOOP 2
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!loop}}

Same Reply like in your previous Thread, for the first part about "CIM" at least, the Sub-Forum sounds correct this time...
You should start using the Forum "a bit correctly" one day if you want some Answers... (Shouldn't be too complicated I would think, as you already put some nice Effort in your Threads...) :idea:
And I'll add "neat Follow-up on all your (previous) Threads" + "Descriptive Thread Title" to the "Criteria" for "using the Forum a bit correctly"... :roll:

Good luck with other (Advanced) Users otherwise, but I am/was the only one willing to help you until now..., so..., if you are a bit clever, you should better comply with those Criteria... (And don't worry, I won't ask anymore...) :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by babarali124 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:35 am

This script development had been stopped, no further discussion is necessesary.
babarali124

by chivracq on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:14 am

babarali124 wrote:This script development had been stopped, no further discussion is necessesary.

Ah..., finally some Follow-up... :D

Yeah, "This script development had been stopped, no further discussion is necess[es]ary."..., hum..., but still..., your Qt's are "legitimate/"interesting" and you will have them again another day, or some other User will have them as well and would be interested by an Answer/Solution, and hum, FCI still not mentioned, while the Answer to Qt_1 is probably related to which Versions you use, probably v9.0.3 for FF for which this Syntax is not supported anymore... But OK, mentioning 3 Versions about your Env. seems to be a bit too complicated I see... :roll:

OK, going to check your 3rd Thread, but I'm still not very "impressed" by the way you use the Forum, to be honest, even after I tried to "wake you up a bit" in that 3rd Thread... :idea:

Hum, and stg else for "using the Forum correctly" (for future Threads, leave it for this one...) is to open one dedicated Thread per Qt (instead of several Qt's in one same Thread) and to give the Thread a Descriptive Title about the specific Content rather than a vague "A Few questions related to firefox imacros" which forces other Users searching the Forum to open and read the Thread before they get an Idea if the Thread is related or not to their own Qt/Case...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Firefox