My imacros script closes my firefox without excuse :oops:

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

My imacros script closes my firefox without excuse :oops:

by ramy hanna on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:04 pm

i have made my script with imacros but sometimes it closes the browser without any reason
what could be the reasons for that ??
ramy hanna

Re: My imacros script closes my firefox without excuse :oops

by chivracq on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:19 pm

ramy hanna wrote:i have made my script with imacros but sometimes it closes the browser without any reason
what could be the reasons for that ??

Bad Karma maybe...!? LOL...! :twisted:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by ramy hanna on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:51 pm

so what is the reason that makes th script to crash??
ramy hanna

by chivracq on Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:25 pm

ramy hanna wrote:so what is the reason that makes th script to crash??

Tja...!, 20 possible Reasons (including a few Scenarios with Rabbits and/or Witches...) with the scarce Info you provide... :roll:

This is no FB or Twitter here like you seem to think from the "Style" and low Quality of your OP but a Technical Forum, use it as a Technical Forum... :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by ramy hanna on Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:12 am

to be honest i dont understand what you mean but any way
here is my script

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=http://addmefast.com/free_points/facebook_post_like
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Like
TAB T=2
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Like
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Facebook<SP>Post<SP>Like
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=2
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=2
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=2
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=2
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
ramy hanna

by chivracq on Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:20 am

ramy hanna wrote:to be honest i dont understand what you mean but any way
here is my script

Code: Select all
TAB T=1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=2
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=2
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=2
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=2
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=2
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1

OK, that's a "better" start, at least we know now that you are using v9.0.3 for FF, and you've posted your Script...
=> FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Always mention your FCI when you open a Thread, read my Sig, many Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions, and I simply don't read when FCI is not mentioned, and certainly don't answer..., especially "low Quality" Posts like your OP...)

But, hum, the Reason for closing your Browser looks quite obvious to me, your Script is full of 'TAB CLOSE' Statements... I count 5x 'TAB CLOSE', then unless some Click on TAB_1 opens a new TAB, one of your 5x 'TAB CLOSE' will eventually close the last TAB (and the Browser with it...!) if you start your Script with less than 6 TABs Open... That simple...!
chivracq

by ramy hanna on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:49 am

chivracq wrote:
ramy hanna wrote:to be honest i dont understand what you mean but any way
here is my script

TAB T=1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=2
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=2
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=2
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=2
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=2
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1

OK, that's a "better" start, at least we know now that you are using v9.0.3 for FF, and you've posted your Script...
=> FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Always mention your FCI when you open a Thread, read my Sig, many Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions, and I simply don't read when FCI is not mentioned, and certainly don't answer..., especially "low Quality" Posts like your OP...)

But, hum, the Reason for closing your Browser looks quite obvious to me, your Script is full of 'TAB CLOSE' Statements... I count 5x 'TAB CLOSE', then unless some Click on TAB_1 opens a new TAB, one of your 5x 'TAB CLOSE' will eventually close the last TAB (and the Browser with it...!) if you start your Script with less than 6 TABs Open... That simple...!

first thanks for rebly
is there a conditional way that if no second tab opened not to close the first tab ??
ramy hanna

by chivracq on Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:29 am

ramy hanna wrote:first thanks for rebly
is there a conditional way that if no second tab opened not to close the first tab ??

Euh..., yep... I once posted a way indeed in one of the Threads related to "Close Browser"..., search my Posts on "Conditional CLOSE"...

But hum, there might be some easier way in your case, you don't use '!ERRORIGNORE', then you could simply (fake) tag some HTML Element that should appear on TAB_2 before doing a 'TAB CLOSE' and if that Element is not found, simply let your Script abort with the Default RuntimeError... :idea:

EDIT:
:arrow: Oh..., but...!, hum..., chances are that "my" Solution for a Conditional 'CLOSE' won't work for you as you are on v9.0.3 for FF as it uses the 'URL GOTO=javascript' Syntax which I think is not ("really") supported anymore on v9.0.3, especially for DOM-Access like closing a TAB or the Browser... You would then probably need to revert to v8.9.7 for FF if you wanted to use it...
chivracq

by ramy hanna on Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:18 am

chivracq wrote:
ramy hanna wrote:first thanks for rebly

Euh..., yep... I once posted a way indeed in one of the Threads related to "Close Browser"..., search my Posts on "Conditional CLOSE"...

But hum, there might be some easier way in your case, you don't use '!ERRORIGNORE', then you could simply (fake) tag some HTML Element that should appear on TAB_2 before doing a 'TAB CLOSE' and if that Element is not found, simply let your Script abort with the Default RuntimeError... :idea:

EDIT:
:arrow: Oh..., but...!, hum..., chances are that "my" Solution for a Conditional 'CLOSE' won't work for you as you are on v9.0.3 for FF as it uses the 'URL GOTO=javascript' Syntax which I think is not ("really") supported anymore on v9.0.3, especially for DOM-Access like closing a TAB or the Browser... You would then probably need to revert to v8.9.7 for FF if you wanted to use it...

i didnt find the conditional close post so if you are able to provide me with the post it would be very much appreciated
ramy hanna

by chivracq on Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:17 am

ramy hanna wrote:i didnt find the conditional close post so if you are able to provide me with the post it would be very much appreciated

Hum..., not complicated to find though, with one relevant Hit in the first Results already...:
- Re: Conditional execution of a line
Even if I'll agree with you, the Thread Title is a bit vague, Reason why next to FCI not mentioned (you still haven't complied btw, your FF Version and OS are still missing, next time you'll open a Thread, chances are I won't even react...), I don't react either to Threads with a non-Descriptive Thread Title that forces other Users like you, searching the Forum for a specific or similar Thread(s), to open and read the whole Thread to find out what the Thread is about and/or if it is relevant for them...

You have a Section in that Thread/Post about "Conditional TAB Close" where I link to another Thread where I finally link to the Thread where I posted my TAB/Browser Close Method... that can easily be made Conditional..., as this is otherwise not possible directly with 'TAB CLOSE', unless you are using a '.js' Script...
chivracq

by ramy hanna on Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:29 pm

chivracq wrote:
ramy hanna wrote:i didnt find the conditional close post so if you are able to provide me with the post it would be very much appreciated

Hum..., not complicated to find though, with one relevant Hit in the first Results already...:
- Re: Conditional execution of a line
Even if I'll agree with you, the Thread Title is a bit vague, Reason why next to FCI not mentioned (you still haven't complied btw, your FF Version and OS are still missing, next time you'll open a Thread, chances are I won't even react...), I don't react either to Threads with a non-Descriptive Thread Title that forces other Users like you, searching the Forum for a specific or similar Thread(s), to open and read the whole Thread to find out what the Thread is about and/or if it is relevant for them...

You have a Section in that Thread/Post about "Conditional TAB Close" where I link to another Thread where I finally link to the Thread where I posted my TAB/Browser Close Method... that can easily be made Conditional..., as this is otherwise not possible directly with 'TAB CLOSE', unless you are using a '.js' Script...

my firefox version is 50.1
my os is windows 7 enterprise
i was using pale moon with v9.0.3 but i see no compatabilty beetween pale moon and v 8.9.7
but its okay iam using now v 8.9.7 and i could find the conditional close thread but you can give me the link here
and if its ok to write this conditional code for me it will be very much appreciated
thank you
ramy hanna

by chivracq on Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:16 pm

ramy hanna wrote:
my firefox version is 50.1
my os is windows 7 enterprise

i was using pale moon with v9.0.3 but i see no compatabilty beetween pale moon and v 8.9.7
but its okay iam using now v 8.9.7 and i could find the conditional close thread but you can give me the link here
and if its ok to write this conditional code for me it will be very much appreciated
thank you

OK, FCI finally mentioned, good..., and yep v8.9.7 still works perfectly on FF50... (Or even until FF v55.0.3 which is the FCI I have myself...)
And v8.9.7 (or v8.8.7) works as well on PM v27 according to a few Threads on the Forum...
My own "Prod" FCI is using PM v26.3.3 (=FF47) + iMacros for v8.8.2. (on Win10_x64).
=> Very well possible to use Pale Moon... 8)

I don't know what "Link" you want, I already gave you a direct Link to a Thread/Post where I explained everything with further Links to other relevant Threads...?, and nope, I won't be writing your Script, ah-ah...! I only help Users who really get stuck after they've tried their best, but you haven't tried anything yet, oops...! (Hum, and I normally don't help Users with Social Media and 'Like'/'Follow'/'Comment'/etc that I consider Spam, so you already got a bit lucky on that part...)

:arrow: And I told you there is very probably a much easier way to do what you want with a "fake" 'TAG' on your TAB_2 before the 'TAB CLOSE', forget about the "Conditional CLOSE" especially if you don't understand how to implement it, the 'TAG' Method is 20 times easier... :idea: :roll:
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Firefox