How to run an iMacro in infinite loop on firefox?

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on.

Moderator: iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

How to run an iMacro in infinite loop on firefox?

by Invincible on Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Hello everyone,
Iam a newbie here. I noticed that we can only enter 99999 as the maximum number for 'Play loop'. Does anyone know how to bypass this?
I tried copy pasting the script about 1000 times in the same macro so that each run will do 1000 loops and that way maximum possible loops would be 99999000.
But the browser hangs or crashes when I paste that many lines of scripts or even if I manage to paste, it crashes when I try to run it :(
I really need this for a project I am working on.
Also, I would like to know how to set a time delay before the macro goes to the next line. When ever I make a macro and run, it doesnt have any time delay by default. All the lines are executed one after the other immediately.
Please help. Much appreciated.
Invincible

Re: How to run an iMacro in infinite loop on firefox?

by PsychedeliX on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:32 am

Just call your Macro with javascript

Code: Select all
for (i = 0; i < 99999; i++)
 {
  iimPlay("/Path/to/your/Marco.iim");
 }

save this as maybe start.js and change the "99999" to fit your needs, doubleclick the start.js inside the imacros sidebar to start your macro

for a time delay, insert the following into your macro, where you have to change the "99" to fit your needs :
WAIT SECONDS=99
PsychedeliX

by ABooth on Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:55 am

for (;;) iimPlay("macroName");

is an infinite loop, but you should shoot yourself first to save you the pain or worse, trying to kill off a rival by ad-clicking or a denial of service attack or whatever it is you're trying to achieve with an infinite loop.

Please don't be malicious with infinite loops.
iMacros for Firefox supports JavaScript Macros (Scripting)
JavaScript supports Java via LiveConnect

Therefore: You can write powerful macros with iMacros for Firefox. Have a look at this one

Post feature requests here. Maybe one day, they'll pin it?
ABooth

by Invincible on Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:06 pm

Almost an year after my initial post here, I came across this thread while searching for something similar!
Better late than never - You guys are awesome :)
Invincible

Return to iMacros for Firefox