Launching my First Imacros VB.NET program but having problem

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderator: iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Launching my First Imacros VB.NET program but having problem

by daveaton on Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:56 am

Ok

I am building my first Imacros VB.net program and I build the program on Windows 7 but when I installed it on XP SP2 I found that Imacros did install but some of the features don't work. Like the Image recognition did not work at all.. I did not get any errors it just skipped or commands or did not click the image at all.

Question 1 - So is there a list somewhere of the Windows OS's that I should target when I am building my Inno Setup install ?

I am packing the 7.05 IMacros (original from your site) with my Unlimited Player key.

Also just to note that I spend 12 hours learning Pascal Scripting to check registry keys and install the 3.5 frame work only to find out the Imacros already checks for me.

This pops up after I cancel my custom install for 3.5 Net frame work

Question 2 - Are you guys using the ISTool ? http://www.istool.org/ I could not get it to work using Inno Setup 5.3.11 and the ISTool has not been updated in over a year so I thought it was no longer valid.

Question 3 - I would like to do this for iMacros can you share some pascal code to do this? It's not in the iim625engine.iss that I have seen.

Question 4 - Is there a way to tell what version is install of IMacros using Pascal code ? I know how to check if v6 or v7 is installed from here => http://wiki.imacros.net/Differences_between_versions_6_and_7. But what version of v7 is installed? I know how to Pascal code I just don't know what I am looking for to tell the difference between Imacros 7.04 or 7.05

Thanks,
David
Favorite Quote from an honest man :
Code: Select all
I know you know that I know, I am a wanna be hacker also!   My browser surfs to google.com just like yours does!  If you are legit I will be glad to help!  You know who you are!
daveaton

Re: Launching my First Imacros VB.NET program but having pro

by Tom, Tech Support on Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:19 am

Hi Dave,

Regarding Question 1, you can find the system requirements here: http://www.iopus.com/imacros/index.htm#sreq

Your other questions are referring to creating a custom installer for iMacros, correct? I am not as familiar with this topic, but I will try to get someone to follow up with you.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

by daveaton on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi

Thanks that was a big help. I upgraded to Service Pack 3 on XP test machine.

I am building my first Imacros VB.net program and I build the program on Windows 7 but when I installed it on XP SP2 I found that Imacros did install but some of the features don't work. Like the Image recognition did not work at all.. I did not get any errors it just skipped or commands or did not click the image at all.

Come to find out that the image recognition was working, it was just backwards, clicking the wrong image. It does this on XP SP2 and XP SP3

http://forum.iopus.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11249

Thanks,
David
I know you know that I know, I am a wanna be hacker also!   My browser surfs to google.com just like yours does!  If you are legit I will be glad to help!  You know who you are!
daveaton

by Tom, Tech Support on Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:02 am

David,

Regarding your installer questions, would you please use our online support form to open a ticket and post your questions, then someone from development will respond.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

by daveaton on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:59 am

Hi.

I know I have Silver Level Service, if it's all the same I rather have it posted to the board.

1. So I can bookmark it.
2. So other people can see it, just in case they have same problem.

Or is this something that can only be done privately ?

Thanks.
daveaton

by Tech Support on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:02 am

We are looking into question 1-3 and will get back to you this week.

But about question 4: Is there a way to tell what version is install of IMacros? The user installs the custom download you created, so you know exactly which version is in use, or?
Tech Support

by daveaton on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:04 am

Well I could change the registry myself but what if they already have iMacros installed ? Or if they upgraded iMacros from the iMacros update from the browser ? I am just installing the trial on the user machine.

The only way I know they have 7 is because the registry keys are different from v6

It kinda only would make sense if the iMacros Setup has it's own Version number in the registry ?

Can I ask you update your Setup to include this registry ?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\iOpus\iMacros\Version = 7.0X.XXXX

I found it much easier to use the version of the Setup that You already have and modify it after it's installed to need my needs. I would love to do is grab the code to automatically download the iMacros straight from your website. I could automatically check the version number to see if an install was needed. If so I could auto download it from your website.. If you could send me the installer that your currently using I could take it apart an see how your doing the automatic download part that you guys do with the 3.5 .net frame work I have pictured above. and apply this to the iMacros Setup download.

If your interested this is the only way I know how to check for iMacros using Pascal Scripting at the moment..

function checkImacros(): Boolean;
    begin   
        if RegValueExists(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, 'SOFTWARE\iOpus\iMacros','LicenseKey') then
         begin
            if (MsgBox(ExpandConstant('{cm:v7UpdateQuestion}'), mbConfirmation, MB_YESNO) = idYes) then
           begin
              RegWriteStringValue(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, 'SOFTWARE\iOpus\iMacros', 'IBOTUPGRADE', '1');
              result:=true;
           end
           else begin
              result := false;
           end;
         end
         else begin
            RegWriteStringValue(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, 'SOFTWARE\iOpus\iMacros', 'IBOTUPGRADE', '1');
            result := true;
         end;
    end;

Thanks,
David
daveaton

by Marcia, Tech Support on Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Hello,

You can check whether iMacros V6 or V7 is installed by looking for the registry keys HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\iOpus\iMacros (V6) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\iOpus\iMacros (V7). Notice that in x64 systems the SOFTWARE node is actually SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node. The string PathBasic (V6) or PathExe contains the path to the executable.

iMacros version can be read out of the executable file imacros.exe, using Windows API function GetFileVersionInfo.

If you would like to get iMacros Inno installer script, just login to the customer center with your scripting edition license key. There you find a link to download the script.

Please, let me know if you still have problems.
Regards,

Marcia, iOpus Support
Marcia, Tech Support

by daveaton on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Hey,

Thanks that helps alot!

David
daveaton

by daveaton on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:51 am

Hi..

I am really having problems with this one..

iMacros version can be read out of the executable file imacros.exe, using Windows API function GetFileVersionInfo.

How do I get this info, into the installer to check it ? What keeps happening is that I keep installing the same version on a system that already has that version. Then I try to use it and it's corrupted. And the user has to uninstall and reinstall it every time.

Here is the installer that you guys recommended.
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

I am also using the InnoIDE 1.0.0.005 to help write the code.

I imagine I could build an exe (to take advantage of GetFileVersionInfo) and call it imacrocheck.exe and load it in the temp directory, but not sure how to call or get the info back from it.

All my problems would be solved if iMacros had a version located some where.. instead of checking the .exe.

My only other option was to see what's new added to the register vers what version added it.. but that could get very, very, long after a while.

If you worried about having another value to keep changing in the installer, then just have imacros check it self and update the register accordingly.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,
David
daveaton

by Marcia, Tech Support on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:33 am

Hi David,

If you have Inno Setup Preprocessor (ISPP) add-on installed, there is a built-in function: GetStringFileInfo(). Otherwise, you will have to use Pascal to call the Windows API function GetFileVersionInfo().
Regards,

Marcia, iOpus Support
Marcia, Tech Support

by daveaton on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:59 am

Marcia, iOpus wrote:Hi David,

If you have Inno Setup Preprocessor (ISPP) add-on installed, there is a built-in function: GetStringFileInfo(). Otherwise, you will have to use Pascal to call the Windows API function GetFileVersionInfo().

I found the docs, I will try to figure it out.. I was mis understanding how to call the 2 functions.

http://www.jrsoftware.org/ispphelp/index.php?topic=getstringfileinfo
http://www.jrsoftware.org/ispphelp/index.php?topic=funcs

Thanks,
David
daveaton

Re: Launching my First Imacros VB.NET program

by daveaton on Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:16 pm

daveaton wrote:
Marcia, iOpus wrote:Hi David,

I found the docs, I will try to figure it out.. I was mis understanding how to call the 2 functions.

http://www.jrsoftware.org/ispphelp/index.php?topic=getstringfileinfo
http://www.jrsoftware.org/ispphelp/index.php?topic=funcs

Thanks,
David

Hum... I guess I am totally lost...

here is what I have...

function InitializeSetup(): Boolean;
   var
   IsInstalled: Cardinal;
    checkVersion: String;

begin
    checkVersion:= GetStringFileInfo('C:\Program Files\iOpus\iMacros\iMacros.exe', 'FileVersion');
    MsgBox(checkVersion, mbError, MB_OK);
   end;

I am getting Errors that GetStringFileInfo Unknown identifier

I am at a loss on how I can use GetStringFileInfo or any other pre-processor to check the iMacros version from my installer. I want to check the version, if the version is lower I will install a new version over the top of it..

Here is some code I found on the web..

http://texworks.googlecode.com/svn/trun ... script.iss

it seems that any variable I set for pre-precessor can only be set in [Setup] ... I can't get anything working in [Code]

Anybody got any ideas?

1. Put the version in Registry
2. Make the setup code aware of it's own version, if you are installing the same version prompt you about it..

I been working on this for awhile now... I have learned alot but still unable to figure this one out.
:? :?

Thanks
David
daveaton

by Marcia, Tech Support on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:10 am

Hello,

Supposing you are using ISPP, you can try something like this, at the beginning of your script:

#define iimVersion GetStringFileInfo("C:\Program Files\iOpus\iMacros\iMacros.exe", "ProductVersion")

if you are sure that iMacros is installed in this folder (this path is stored in the registry). Now, where you need to refer to installed iMacros version, just use {#iimVersion}.
Regards,

Marcia, iOpus Support
Marcia, Tech Support

by daveaton on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:26 am

Marcia, iOpus wrote:Hello,

Supposing you are using ISPP, you can try something like this, at the beginning of your script:

#define iimVersion GetStringFileInfo("C:\Program Files\iOpus\iMacros\iMacros.exe", "ProductVersion")

if you are sure that iMacros is installed in this folder (this path is stored in the registry). Now, where you need to refer to installed iMacros version, just use {#iimVersion}.

I know I can use this in [Setup] but how do I use this in the [Code] section that's the main problem. I am not using a custom iMacros-Setup.exe i am actually pushing the one your guys made. and I only want to push it, if the iimVersion is higher.

The only other way I can think of is to create a separate exe that runs before iMacros, that will find the current version (if one exists), and update the registery, then check version from the registery from the [Code] section via Check option from Inno Setup.

Unless you know of an Easier way I can compare versions from the [Code] section.

Edit...

While I was waiting, I whipped this up as a work around until I can Get you guys to add a registery key to make my life easier.

Imports System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo

Public Class frmiMacrosVersionChecker
    Dim iMacros32bit As Boolean = False
    Dim iMacros64bit As Boolean = False 'Future Use

'Do Stuff On Load
    Private Sub frmiMacrosVersionChecker_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
        Dim installedValue As String

installedValue = My.Computer.Registry.GetValue("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\iOpus\iMacros", "LicenseKey", Nothing)

If installedValue <> "" Then
            My.Computer.Registry.SetValue("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\iOpus\iMacros", "EXEVersion", iMacrosVersion())
        End If

Application.Exit()
    End Sub

'Returns the Path where iMacros is installed!
    Private Function iMacrosPath()
        Dim striMacrosPath As String

striMacrosPath = My.Computer.Registry.GetValue("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\iOpus\iMacros", "PathExe", Nothing)

iMacrosPath = striMacrosPath
    End Function

'Returns the Assembly Version
    Function iMacrosVersion() As String
        With System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(iMacrosPath() + "\iMacros.exe")
            Return .FileMajorPart & "." & .FileMinorPart & "." & .FileBuildPart & "." & .FilePrivatePart
        End With
    End Function

End Class

I am using Visual Basic .NET 2010 with 3.5 sp1 frame work as the target.
Open new Windows Form Project and copy paste code into project, then compile as exe.

I did not factor in the x64 and x86 problems, also this only detects v7 so far. I imagine I will continue to update it as I go until the work around is not needed anymore.

Thanks,
David
daveaton

Next

Return to General Support & Discussions