Problem with file input

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Problem with file input

by MrVitaminP on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:17 pm

I am having a problem with the following scenario:

I have a web form with a file upload input field. I would like to pass a file path string into this input. When my macro runs, however, it launches the "Choose file to upload" dialog box. This is where the script stops. It will eventually timeout at this step but it doesn't move any further.

If, on the other hand, I open iMacros Editor and play the macro it launches a new instance and runs the macro successfully (i.e. it does not hang on the file dialog).

If this was a one off situation I'd live with having to run it from the editor. However, I would like to run this in a loop and that is not an option from the editor. Has anyone else experience this behavior?

I am using the following versions: iMacros Sidebar for Internet Explorer Version 9.05.2613 with Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1.
MrVitaminP

Re: Problem with file input

by ricardo on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Same problem here, any hints?
ricardo

by chivracq on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:24 pm

I don't read, I don't see any Config Info... (and Script if needed...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by chivracq on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:41 pm

I checked your Thread again by luck..., either I was blind or you edited your first Post to add "I am using the following versions: iMacros Sidebar for Internet Explorer Version 9.05.2613 with Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1."..., I normally don't check anymore Threads where I was the last Poster...

But, it's difficult to understand your Problem exactly... Can you post a mini-Script allowing me (or sbd else wanting to dig into your Pb) to reproduce your Pb...? (Even if I'm on FF, I didn't know you could launch a Macro from the Editor...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by imacrobest on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:40 pm

Hi, Sorry old thread but does anyone have a solution to this?
If not, is there a way to timeout the file upload dialog? I've tried TIMEOUT_STEP but it doesnt work.

Thanks
imacrobest

Return to General Support & Discussions