Is there any keyboard shortcut for hitting Play/Pause Button

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Is there any keyboard shortcut for hitting Play/Pause Button

by kind03cn on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:33 am

I need to often hit Pause and Play button when running certain scripts due to the need of my work. It's pretty annoying for me to use mouse to hit these two buttons, which is also not quick enough.
So I am wondering are there any shortcut keys instead of hitting Play / Pause / Stop buttons by mouse?

Environment: Windows 7 x64, Firefox 33.1, iMacros for Firefox 8.8.7
kind03cn

Re: Is there any keyboard shortcut for hitting Play/Pause Bu

by chivracq on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:55 pm

kind03cn wrote:I need to often hit Pause and Play button when running certain scripts due to the need of my work. It's pretty annoying for me to use mouse to hit these two buttons, which is also not quick enough.
So I am wondering are there any shortcut keys instead of hitting Play / Pause / Stop buttons by mouse?

Environment: Windows 7 x64, Firefox 33.1, iMacros for Firefox 8.8.7

Yep, after (Mouse) Clicking on 'Play' and the first Click on 'Pause', you can then use the 'Space' Bar to Continue/Pause your Macro... (Provided that the iMacros Sidebar still has the Focus...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by Kammerbulle on Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:11 am

Sadly the new HTML5 standard implements the spacebar button to scroll down, so it can't be used to start and stop macros on these pages. I think it is completly useless since there already is a "Page Down" button on the keyboard which does exactly the same thing.

The "Escape" button pauses macros on HTML5 pages, but is there a shortcut to start them again?
Kammerbulle

by chivracq on Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:13 am

Kammerbulle wrote:Sadly the new HTML5 standard implements the spacebar button to scroll down, so it can't be used to start and stop macros on these pages. I think it is completly useless since there already is a "Page Down" button on the keyboard which does exactly the same thing.

The "Escape" button pauses macros on HTML5 pages, but is there a shortcut to start them again?

CIM...! :mrgreen:
Always mention your FCI, read my Sig..., when you open a Thread or post for the first time in some existing Thread, many Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions, especially in this Case which is completely Browser (+ OS) dependent..., even if most Browsers try to follow the same "Standards"...

But hum..., the Spacebar for Scroll Down has "always" been like that, or at least I've been using it for maybe 10 years already, it has nothing to do with HTML5, I would think...
It is the Browser which catches and "redistributes" the Mouse and Keyboard Actions to the DOM, depending on which "part" of the Browser has "the Focus", be it the Menu Bar, the Status Bar, any of the Toolbars, the Sidebar if it's open, or the HTML Display Area.
=> That's why I mentioned in my previous Post (hum, 3 years ago ah-ah...!, but nothing has changed, at least in FF (now FF53) and PM (Pale Moon, my Default Browser, now v26.3.3)), that the (iMacros) Side Panel (still) needs to have the Focus in the Browser... Any Prompt or Popup Msg for example will "steal" the Focus, but that's by Design, and all Browsers apply to this "Standard", I think...

Provide some mini-Test Script reproducing your Pb on some specific HTML5 Page if you believe I'm wrong...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions