Linkedin comments (click not working)

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Linkedin comments (click not working)

by djeedjee on Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:57 am

Hi,

In Linkedin groups, there are many comments in a discussion. I want to open all the comments at once so I can read faster. When I click on "See previous comments" it loads 10 or so at a time.

I just installed iMacro on Firefox (Win 7) and I was able to record the macro but it only keeps reloading the same 10 comments and not going to the older ones.

VERSION BUILD=8940826 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://www.linkedin.com/grp/post/102696-6021748319758356483?trk=groups-post-b-all-cmnts
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:See<SP>previous<SP>comments

Also as there are multiple discussions in a group, do I need to create a new iMacro for each discussion (since the URL is different)?

thanks,
djee
djeedjee

Re: Linkedin comments (click not working)

by chivracq on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:44 am

djeedjee wrote:Hi,

In Linkedin groups, there are many comments in a discussion. I want to open all the comments at once so I can read faster. When I click on "See previous comments" it loads 10 or so at a time.

I just installed iMacro on Firefox (Win 7) and I was able to record the macro but it only keeps reloading the same 10 comments and not going to the older ones.

Code: Select all
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://www.linkedin.com/grp/post/102696-6021748319758356483?trk=groups-post-b-all-cmnts

Also as there are multiple discussions in a group, do I need to create a new iMacro for each discussion (since the URL is different)?

thanks,
djee

FCIM...! :mrgreen:
=> iMacros for FF v8.9.4, FF42...?, Win7.

If you include the URL, you need to repeat the Click on the 'See<SP>previous<SP>comments' several times in the same Macro like this (and you'll need one Macro per URL...):
TAB T=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
'etc...

Or you open your Discussions manually and you can loop your Macro without the URL for each Discussion:
TAB T=1
'URL GOTO=https://www.linkedin.com/grp/post/102696-6021748319758356483?trk=groups-post-b-all-cmnts
WAIT SECONDS=1

Or you could already open manually let's say 5 Discussions in 5 different Tabs and you could create a Macro that will click 5 times on 'See<SP>previous<SP>comments' for each Tab:
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1

TAB T=1
'URL GOTO=https://www.linkedin.com/grp/post/102696-6021748319758356483?trk=groups-post-b-all-cmnts
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1

TAB T=2
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1

TAB T=3
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1

TAB T=4
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1

TAB T=5
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
And you launch your Macro from the first Discussion...
Last edited by chivracq on Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by djeedjee on Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:51 am

Thanks, it worked! And yes i'm using Firefox 42.

Now I tried the same thing to expand all the "show more" links on the home page but that didn't work. Here's the code I tried, kindly advise. I also clicked on Play (Loop) in iMacro but that didn't help.

TAB T=1
TAG POS=3 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:…<SP>show<SP>more
WAIT SECONDS=1
djeedjee

by chivracq on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:10 am

djeedjee wrote:Thanks, it worked! And yes i'm using Firefox 42.

OK, good to hear and Thanks for confirming FF42, always mention your FCI when opening a new Thread, I don't react otherwise...

djeedjee wrote:Now I tried the same thing to expand all the "show more" links on the home page but that didn't work. Here's the code I tried, kindly advise. I also clicked on Play (Loop) in iMacro but that didn't help.

TAB T=1
TAG POS=3 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:…<SP>show<SP>more
WAIT SECONDS=1

"didn't work" + "didn't help" is always vague... :roll:

But I see a "POS=3" for the '... show more' Button, meaning there are already a "POS=1" and "POS=2" Buttons before the one you clicked/recorded, and I'm not sure it will remain at "POS=3" for the next Run if you want to loop that Macro, you may have to adjust with "POS=4" etc... that you'll either have to hard-code or you can play with "POS={{!LOOP}}"...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by djeedjee on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:16 am

Thanks again! POS={{!LOOP}} did the trick and its working perfectly :)
djeedjee

by chivracq on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:30 am

djeedjee wrote:Thanks again! POS={{!LOOP}} did the trick and its working perfectly :)

Lovely...! :D Glad I could help... 8)
chivracq

by sunshine on Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:47 am

I'm posting for a second time, because I don't see my other post and probably something went wrong.
=> iMacros for FF v 9.0.3, FF 51.0.1 (32 bit), Win7 (64 bit)

I need help too also with the same thing - I want to expand all the "show more" links on the comments under a post in LinkedIn on the home page.
I tried with the same code but I didn't succeed and I am not sure what exactly am I doing wrong.
These are my actions as steps:
- I enter the LinkedIn page with the particular post (and comments) in the browser and load it
- I then click on the iMacros icon
- I click on tab "REC" and click on "Record", after that on Stop
- Then I go on tab "Manage" and Edit Macro and add " TAG POS={{!LOOP}} TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:…<SP>Show<SP>more
WAIT SECONDS=1" to the code so the whole code becomes:
"VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
TAG POS={{!LOOP}} TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:…<SP>Show<SP>more
WAIT SECONDS=1
URL GOTO=https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/digital-marketing-plan-..(etc - the whole page url)"
- Then click on save and then on Play Loop as I also enter on Repeat Macro Current 1, Max 16000, because there are about 16000 comments
And..nothing happens, I mean there is an error msg. which says "element BUTTON specified by TXT:…<SP>Show<SP>more was not found, line: 3 (Error code: -921)"

I will be very very thankful if you could help me because I obviously don't do the right things.. :cry:
sunshine

by chivracq on Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:38 am

sunshine wrote:I'm posting for a second time, because I don't see my other post and probably something went wrong.

Nothing had "gone wrong", your first Post(s) needed Approval by a Mod..., and I'm not always on the Forum, ah-ah...!
(I've kept only your 2nd Post to avoid Duplicates...)

sunshine wrote:=> iMacros for FF v 9.0.3, FF 51.0.1 (32 bit), Win7 (64 bit)

I need help too also with the same thing - I want to expand all the "show more" links on the comments under a post in LinkedIn on the home page.
I tried with the same code but I didn't succeed and I am not sure what exactly am I doing wrong.
These are my actions as steps:
- I enter the LinkedIn page with the particular post (and comments) in the browser and load it
- I then click on the iMacros icon
- I click on tab "REC" and click on "Record", after that on Stop
- Then I go on tab "Manage" and Edit Macro and add " TAG POS={{!LOOP}} TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:…<SP>Show<SP>more
WAIT SECONDS=1" to the code so the whole code becomes:
VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
TAG POS={{!LOOP}} TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:…<SP>Show<SP>more
WAIT SECONDS=1
URL GOTO=https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/digital-marketing-plan-..(etc - the whole page url)

- Then click on save and then on Play Loop as I also enter on Repeat Macro Current 1, Max 16000, because there are about 16000 comments
And..nothing happens, I mean there is an error msg. which says "element BUTTON specified by TXT:…<SP>Show<SP>more was not found, line: 3 (Error code: -921)"

I will be very very thankful if you could help me because I obviously don't do the right things.. :cry:

From which URL do you start (looping) your Macro...?

And the 'URL GOTO' at the end of your Script is probably not "correct"/necessary as if it is the same URL like your Start-URL, this Statement should anyway be placed at the beginning of the Macro rather than at the end, but loading this Page again for each Loop makes your Macro start all over again from the beginning and not continue from the previous Loop...
chivracq

by sunshine on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:09 am

Hi, thanks for your quick reply.
This is the URL that with the post that I want to see all the comments as once, on the same page:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/digital- ... title-like
So I removed the "URL GOTO" line from the code but I still can't make it right. So if we just forget that I have tried to do anything at all, can you tell me what should I do in my case in order to see all the comments as once on the same page so that I don't have to click the "Show more" button again and again? :?
Please Please Please help
sunshine

by chivracq on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:49 am

sunshine wrote:Hi, thanks for your quick reply.
This is the URL that with the post that I want to see all the comments as once, on the same page:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/digital- ... title-like
So I removed the "URL GOTO" line from the code but I still can't make it right. So if we just forget that I have tried to do anything at all, can you tell me what should I do in my case in order to see all the comments as once on the same page so that I don't have to click the "Show more" button again and again? :?
Please Please Please help

Euh..., yeah, but I don't see any Comments and no "Show More" Button(s)/Link(s) on the Page...
Here is all the Content I get in "pseudo"-Quote:
Digital Marketing Plan Template (55 slides) English version

Published on January 14, 2017

Juan Jose Delgado
Juan Jose Delgado
Juan Jose Delgado
Customer Centric, Digital & eCommerce | Professor, Author, Advisor | Amazon, Deloitte, Burger King EMEA, Vodafone

After the terrific success of the Spanish post, I want to share the Digital Marketing Plan Template with all of you. 55 Slides compose the deck. You will be able to set up your Digital Marketing Plan.

Follow me and leave your email as a comment. I will send it over.

Join the new group: Free Marketing Tools & Tips: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8591387

Follow me on LinkedIn to be connected to the largest Marketer community.

Table of contents:

Current position & Key issues
    Mission, Vision & Values
    Learnings from last year
    External Environmental Analysis
    Market Overview
    Current Target Markets & Audiences
    Customer Touch Points
    Competition
    Internal Environmental Analysis
    Internal Relationships
    General SWOT Analysis
    Short / Medium / Long Term
    Resources & Budget
    Marketing Mix
    Control & evaluation

Examples:

Report this
Juan Jose Delgado
Juan Jose Delgado
Customer Centric, Digital & eCommerce | Professor, Author, Advisor | Amazon, Deloitte, Burger King EMEA, Vodafone

24 articles

Looking for more of the latest headlines on LinkedIn?
Discover more stories
chivracq

by sunshine on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:59 am

Well...hm...Do you see these (see attached images) on the page?
Attachments
5.jpg
Last two comments and the Show more button
4.jpg
Last image from the article and the start of the comments section at the bottom of the page
sunshine

Return to General Support & Discussions