iMacros doesn't record on IE

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

iMacros doesn't record on IE

by KaioRabelo on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:27 am

iMacros doesn't record or even read macros on my IE. I check the logs and verified that this message is being generated: (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED)).
Unfortunately I can´t work on any other browser. It has to be IE.
Any ideas?
KaioRabelo

Re: iMacros doesn't record on IE

by chivracq on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:44 am

KaioRabelo wrote:iMacros doesn't record or even read macros on my IE. I check the logs and verified that this message is being generated: (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED)).
Unfortunately I can´t work on any other browser. It has to be IE.
Any ideas?

Yep, but sorry, the way you present your Pb is a bit useless if you want anybody to be able to help you troubleshoot/solve your Pb, I've got about 15 Qt's to ask you, and at least 10 you should answer pro-actively in your Opening Post... So give more Details...! :roll:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by KaioRabelo on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:57 am

Hi, thanks for answering.
So, there isn't much more details. It is a quite simple macro that fills a formulary with data from an archive;

VERSION BUILD=10.4.28.10704
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
SET !DATASOURCE CPF.CSV
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 1
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1

URL GOTO=https://www2.infoseg.gov.br/infoseg/do/PessoaFisica/Search/Form?controleMenu=receita

Here is where the execution is interrupted:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:pessoaFisicaForm ATTR=NAME:cpf CONTENT={{!COL1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=IMG ATTR=SRC:https://www2.infoseg.gov.br/infoseg/imagens/indiv_bot_pesquisar.gif

Returning this message: Error -1000: Call Was Rejected by Callee. (Excption from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED))

This macro was written using the notepad because iMacros isn´t recording. I press the button and the recording is immediately interrupted, with this message in the log archive:
Recording aborted: Call Was Rejected by Callee. (Excption from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED))

Thanks again!
KaioRabelo

by chivracq on Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:40 am

KaioRabelo wrote:Hi, thanks for answering.
So, there isn't much more details. It is a quite simple macro that fills a formulary with data from an archive;

Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=10.4.28.10704
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
SET !DATASOURCE CPF.CSV
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 1
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1

URL GOTO=https://www2.infoseg.gov.br/infoseg/do/PessoaFisica/Search/Form?controleMenu=receita

Here is where the execution is interrupted:
Code: Select all
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:pessoaFisicaForm ATTR=NAME:cpf CONTENT={{!COL1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=IMG ATTR=SRC:https://www2.infoseg.gov.br/infoseg/imagens/indiv_bot_pesquisar.gif

Returning this message: Error -1000: Call Was Rejected by Callee. (Excption from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED))

This macro was written using the notepad because iMacros isn´t recording. I press the button and the recording is immediately interrupted, with this message in the log archive:
Recording aborted: Call Was Rejected by Callee. (Excption from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED))

Thanks again!

1- Hum..., that's a bit better, we have at least your Version...! :roll: : iMacros for IE v10.4.
But if you can confirm it anyway, as it could be the Version your Script was made with, and not the Version you are currently using...?
+ OS to have your FCI...? (Required Info when you open a Thread anyway...!)

2- But OK, the Error you get is an iMacros RuntimeError when running your Macro, I thought you couldn't even start a Macro at all.
But the RuntimeError occurs when your Script tries to access your DataSource, make sure to (re-)save it (your '.CSV' File) from Notepad (with BOM) and not from Excel, and that you don't have it open at the same time in Excel for example when you try to run your Macro.
It can be opened in Notepad I know, but Excel might be locking the File and doing some Temp Save's that might prevent iMacros from accessing it.
And make sure Excel is completely closed, that you don't have any "invisible" Instance(s) running.

3- Demo-Macros; Do they all run correctly...?, especially 'Loop-Csv-to-Web.iim'...?

4- You are not running IE in some Private Session with limited File and Cookies Access...?

5- You are really using iMacros for IE (Free Add-on), not the iMacros Browser...? No Scripting Interface and '.VBS' Scripts involved...?

6- Did the Pb suddenly occur and iMacros was working fine before...? => Any IE / OS Update...? Or is it a clean Install and it has never worked...?
Did you try reinstalling IE/iMacros in both cases...?

7- If you can elaborate why you are "obliged" to use IE...? Is it Company Security Policy, iMacros Commands specific to IE, Web-Site (poorly...!) "designed" only for IE, Dependence on other Tools/Add-ons, etc...?
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by KaioRabelo on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:14 am

1. Windows 8.1 Enterprise. IE 11. And now I updated iMacros to this version: 11.1.495.5175, therefore reinstalling iMacros, but it is the same as before.

2. I check all that, but doesn't seem to be the problem.

3. Demo-Macros work swell.

4. It isn't a private session. The only limitations are due to the company firewall (Aker).

5. It is iMacros for IE.

I did some more digging in the problem. It has to be IE because the website I have to access has a security add-on that can only be installed in IE and some versions of Firefox. And I also have to print, as Firefox doesn't support the Print command, I have to work with IE. I could try to use AttendPrint on Firefox, but that would take a while to get authorized by the company.

As for the error, I was able to record a macro for the site I have to access in the Firefox outside the company, and I was able to record a Macro in the IE for other websites. But once I open the website, it stops to record. So I guess it isn´t an issue with iMacros only, but with the website.
KaioRabelo

by chivracq on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:14 am

KaioRabelo wrote:1. Windows 8.1 Enterprise. IE 11. And now I updated iMacros to this version: 11.1.495.5175, therefore reinstalling iMacros, but it is the same as before.

2. I check all that, but doesn't seem to be the problem.

3. Demo-Macros work swell.

4. It isn't a private session. The only limitations are due to the company firewall (Aker).

5. It is iMacros for IE.

I did some more digging in the problem. It has to be IE because the website I have to access has a security add-on that can only be installed in IE and some versions of Firefox. And I also have to print, as Firefox doesn't support the Print command, I have to work with IE. I could try to use AttendPrint on Firefox, but that would take a while to get authorized by the company.

As for the error, I was able to record a macro for the site I have to access in the Firefox outside the company, and I was able to record a Macro in the IE for other websites. But once I open the website, it stops to record. So I guess it isn´t an issue with iMacros only, but with the website.

Okay..., the "Picture" is getting a bit more "clear", but pfff...!, dunno really...
This "Security" Add-on sounds a bit strange, tja...!, you don't know what they've put in it...! I hope you trust this Site...!! I hope for you it's not a Chinese Bank, ah-ah..., oops...!! (I know one real Case..., I'm not completely joking...)
In FF, you can decompile all Add-ons, I'm not sure if you can do the same for IE Add-ons but if I was you, I would definitely try to have a glimpse at what this Add-on is doing, it sounds a bit suspicious to me...

If IE with iMacros for IE works for other Sites and only has Pb's with this specific Site, it sounds related to this Site to me, and/or to this Add-on.
iMacros needs File Access (Read-Write) for reading (iMacros) Scripts and DataSources and writing Scripts when recording a Macro or doing some 'SAVEAS' (or using the 'Profiler'). If this Add-on is flooding the Browser (badly designed or deliberately) with specific Requests maybe using some Function that iMacros wants to use as well and the Error Msg you get is the Answer you get from some Listener in IE which is already busy and tells iMacros to "f**ck off Dude, I'm busy already...!", then I'm afraid there is not much you can do... Though I've never heard of such a Scenario, TechSupport might be interested I guess, if they could do some Testing on your Site...

If you have an URL from where this Add-on can be downloaded, I can have a look if I manage to decompile it...
chivracq

by KaioRabelo on Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:17 am

Thanks again for all the ideas. I decided to request the AttendPrint solution, for it seems to me more reliable, avoiding unpredicted problems in the future also.

The security add-on, in case you wanna take a look, is in this site: https://www2.infoseg.gov.br/infoseg/do/
It is a governamental (Brazilian) site that gives access to some classified information. As it is in Portuguese, feel comfortable to send me a private message in case you need some help with the language.
KaioRabelo

by chivracq on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:24 am

KaioRabelo wrote:Thanks again for all the ideas. I decided to request the AttendPrint solution, for it seems to me more reliable, avoiding unpredicted problems in the future also.

The security add-on, in case you wanna take a look, is in this site: https://www2.infoseg.gov.br/infoseg/do/
It is a governamental (Brazilian) site that gives access to some classified information. As it is in Portuguese, feel comfortable to send me a private message in case you need some help with the language.

Yep, sounds like a "wise" Solution, especially if using FF will allow you to record Macros...
Stg else you could do is to bump the following Thread and add some EnhReq for 'PRINT' and 'ONPRINT' Support for iMacros for FF as strangely, this useful Command I would think even if I don't use it, is only available for IE and iMB and I forgot to mention it in my List...:
- Feedback - Take the iMacros Add-on(s) Survey!

Concerning your funny "Security" Add-on, sorry but it sounds like the Joke of the Month to me...! :lol: , from the Link you provided, I managed to download an '.EXE' and an '.APK' Package for Android from the 'Instale Agora' and 'Infoseg Code' Pages (not completely sure if that's the same Add-on like the one we were talking about...) and I managed to get the '.APK' Package decompiled, not sure if the URL will remain, but the Manifest is here and the Full Decompiled Package is here (14,6Mb)...
I didn't inspect the whole "Thing" as I don't have the Knowledge and this App is enormous, but it doesn't look too good and not very "Legit" to me for just some so-called "Security" Add-on, as for a Smartphone, it can access the whole Data on the Phone, access Internet (Wifi), it can call Phones, take Pictures and use the Camera and can log and transmit (zipped) all Activity on the Phone...! (I didn't search to whom/where, it is probably hard-coded somewhere..., and/or the "Thing" seems to be listening to stg....) :shock:
The Code related to the 'Infoseg' Site is just 1% of what this App can do, and once decompiled and unzipped, located in:
'\src\br\gov\infoseg\mobile\activities\'.
You should get sbd from your Company with some (Java) Knowledge to have a look at it, but it doesn't look too Legit to me and a bit farfetched for some just "Security" Add-on when accessing a specific Site...
chivracq

by KaioRabelo on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:44 am

Well, that's for sure a big package, not just an "ad-on" (my mistake here). As i said, the information this site provides access is classified. Some police registers, addresses, pictures, administrative registers, etc. So it relates an IP, a work station, a registered network and your own cell phone every single time you request access. Once you're in there, it looks like a regular site, as all the work is done at the server (JEE probably), so I think it is possible to automate.
By the way, I couldn't print in the FF yet, but I already managed to perform the consultations.
Thanks!
KaioRabelo

by chivracq on Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:15 pm

KaioRabelo wrote:Well, that's for sure a big package, not just an "ad-on" (my mistake here). As i said, the information this site provides access is classified. Some police registers, addresses, pictures, administrative registers, etc. So it relates an IP, a work station, a registered network and your own cell phone every single time you request access. Once you're in there, it looks like a regular site, as all the work is done at the server (JEE probably), so I think it is possible to automate.
By the way, I couldn't print in the FF yet, but I already managed to perform the consultations.
Thanks!

Hum..., OK, still sounds a bit like overly heavy Measures to me, I felt a bit like I had been dropped in some James Bond film...!

I've mentioned your Thread in the EnhReq Thread I referred to, about implementing 'PRINT' and 'ONPRINT' for FF...

But..., some "easy" Trick I forgot to mention and that I don't see in your Script would be to simply use '!ERRORIGNORE'...
Have you tried that...?
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions