Potential buyer needs feasibilty and advice

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Potential buyer needs feasibilty and advice

by drdocb on Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:43 pm

We receive email client data from our website so have complete control over that format. Currently using Salesforce Web to Lead and have used egrabber for email to ACT. So.. here's the question. I would like to have that email come into our practice. extract the data with appropriate tags (can find parsers for this) but instead of having it go into a crm database have it fill a new clent web form on our new cloud based browser based veterinary software. So new client fills info on our website and submits - we get info via email then extract info and use it to fill the new client info on our veterinary software web form without retyping, cutting pasting etc.

Realize we might need a csv or tab delimited temp file or excel as intermediate step. Is this something imacros can do without it being a months long project?

Thanks to anyone that can guide me in this - would even hire consultant if this is the right software. If not then any ideas would be a blessing. Thank You
drdocb

Re: Potential buyer needs feasibilty and advice

by Tom, Tech Support on Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:27 am

Hi drdocb,

This is certainly something that iMacros can do! I suggest looking into our Professional Services if you are interested in having a solution developed for you.

http://wiki.imacros.net/Custom_Solutions
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

by chivracq on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:58 pm

drdocb wrote:We receive email client data from our website so have complete control over that format. Currently using Salesforce Web to Lead and have used egrabber for email to ACT. So.. here's the question. I would like to have that email come into our practice. extract the data with appropriate tags (can find parsers for this) but instead of having it go into a crm database have it fill a new clent web form on our new cloud based browser based veterinary software. So new client fills info on our website and submits - we get info via email then extract info and use it to fill the new client info on our veterinary software web form without retyping, cutting pasting etc.

Realize we might need a csv or tab delimited temp file or excel as intermediate step. Is this something imacros can do without it being a months long project?

Thanks to anyone that can guide me in this - would even hire consultant if this is the right software. If not then any ideas would be a blessing. Thank You

Yep, perfect Usecase for iMacros indeed and if you can access your Mail from Webmail (directly from a Browser), then you don't even need to use a '.CSV' as the DataSource, your E-mail will be your DataSource on TAB_1 and your Veterinary Web-Form will be opened on TAB_2, and it shouldn't be very difficult to implement, a bit like the Solution @IrishMacro had posted 3 months ago in this Thread about Googlesheets...

Your E-mail just needs to be "nicely" pre-formatted (as an Embedded Table in your Mail would be nice, iMacros will then be able to identify and locate the specific Cells to extract the Data in them, directly or using 'Relative Positioning') with Keywords that you'll use as Anchors for Relative Positioning, must sound like Chinese maybe for now if you are new to iMacros, but you should understand quickly if you read the Section about 'Data Extraction' in the Wiki.
If your E-mail and the Data you need is "seen" by iMacros as only one "big" HTML Field, you will then need to use 'EVAL()' with 'split()' to isolate and separate all bits of Data, but nothing sounds really complicated..., you'll find many Examples on the Forum... (Only Advice is to try to avoid iMacros for Chrome which is really the "little" Brother of iMacros for FF or IE or the iMacros Browser as several Commands are not implemented...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by chivracq on Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:32 pm

Hum..., stumbling onto this (older) Thread and pity we never heard back from OP, ah-ah...! :shock:

I would have been interested to know if they went for iMacros in the end or chose some other Solution and which one of course, and what were the Pro's and Con's of the different Solutions they evaluated... and what/how the "Situation" is now, nearly 1 year later...?
This kind of Feedback would be interesting as well for other Users in a similar "Position", I would think... :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions