my firefox browse no longer recognizes imacros protocol

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

my firefox browse no longer recognizes imacros protocol

by magnetsa on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:43 pm

I used to be able to use

imacros://run/?m=websiteiimfile.iim

in Firefox. Now the imacros protocol is no longer recognized. I tried a reset of Firefox and adding imacros onece again. That did not work. How can I get this to work once again? The Firefox website is of no help.
magnetsa

Re: my firefox browse no longer recognizes imacros protocol

by magnetsa on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:57 pm

I just saw a prior description of the issue with the title

"imacros://run/?m= broken in Firefox 52 with MultiProc enable"

So, what is the fix? I looked for a MultiProc disable but could not see one. And, I would rather not do that anyway.
There seemed to be another option in the other thread but I did not understand what they were talking about.
magnetsa

by Nelis on Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:56 am

Seems like a common problem at the moment. Problem started occuring about 10 days ago and no luck with solution as of now. Similar issues have been resolved from iMacros side, per this post:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26516

Also waiting on a reply with work around or permanent solution, thanks!
Nelis

by Nelis on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:14 am

Workaround found in another forum post, but steps to disable Multiprocess Windows where not exactly clear.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27309

To disable multiprocess go to about:config in your firefox location bar. Search for browser.tabs.remote.autostart. There may be multiple results. Set them all to false and restart the browser.

This worked for me.
Nelis

Return to General Support & Discussions