Can't Play an Audio Message Through iMacros

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Can't Play an Audio Message Through iMacros

by ubk95 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:43 pm

FCI
VERSION BUILD=9030808
Windows 10
Firefox 51.01 32bit

Hi, I want to use iMacros to automate playing a received audio message from textnow.com.
But it just wouldn't hit the play button and only tags the audio message.
It would be really appreciated if I could be helped out.

I also tried an alternate way to play the audio by pressing and recording spacebar key but that does not seem to do the trick either (even though it does work when I manually press spacebar but not through iMacros)

Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://www.textnow.com/messaging
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>UL>LI>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>AUDIO" BUTTON=0
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>UL>LI>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>AUDIO" CHAR=" "

This is what the message looks like
ubk95

Re: Can't Play an Audio Message Through iMacros

by chivracq on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:34 pm

ubk95 wrote:FCI
VERSION BUILD=9030808
Windows 10
Firefox 51.01 32bit

Hi, I want to use iMacros to automate playing a received audio message from textnow.com.
But it just wouldn't hit the play button and only tags the audio message.
It would be really appreciated if I could be helped out.

I also tried an alternate way to play the audio by pressing and recording spacebar key but that does not seem to do the trick either (even though it does work when I manually press spacebar but not through iMacros)

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://www.textnow.com/messaging
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>UL>LI>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>AUDIO" BUTTON=0
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>UL>LI>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>AUDIO" CHAR=" "

This is what the message looks like

Hum..., I thought I would be clever by creating an Account with this 'TextNow' Service/Site, thinking that could always be handy, which I did, so now I have a TextNow Account with a Free Tel-Nb but I'm actually located in NL and I only realized at the end of the Registration Process that this Service is only available for the US and maybe Canada, the FAQ is a bit contradictory on that point and their Registration Process doesn't mention it at all all the way...! :shock:
=> You could send me a Mail at [My_Pseudo_on_the_Forum]@gmail.com for me to give you that Number and/or UserName for you to leave some ("Fake") Voice Mail that will hopefully show up in my 'Conversation' Page in my Browser for me to have a look if I can find some working Solution for you...?
Hum, unless you find some Demo-VM on their Support Site that I could use for Testing...? Hum, you use the Term "audio message", maybe that's stg different from "Voice Mail"..., well, whatever "audio message" you mean...
Even if I don't "promise" anything, the 'EVENT' Mode would indeed be my "area of investigation" as well, ah-ah...!

(Hum, and once you've got that Number/UserName, this is not a "free" Card to send me a Msg each time you have a Pb/Qt with iMacros, I only answer Qt's on the Forum, and never via Mail/Skype/FB/etc that I keep for "Personal"/"Private" Use..., ah-ah...!)

EDIT:
Oh...!, but hum..., maybe not necessary, or you can check stg already...: If that Voice Message is in Flash, then only the DS Mode which is only available for iMB and IE with the Enterprise Edition of iMacros is able to interact with Flash Objects..., so it will very probably not work on FF...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by ubk95 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:25 pm

Oh yeah it's def flash player. Voice mail is what I meant when I said Audio message.
Oh well then it's a dead end here, is there anything else you could maybe suggest for me.

Even the CLICK doesn't work.
I can not really afford buying an enterprise version.

I was wondering if there's a way to launch an external .exe file through iMacros and that exe would just plain click the co-ordinates.

I don't have any javascript coding skills so any easily understandable solution would be appreciated.
ubk95

by chivracq on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:44 pm

ubk95 wrote:Oh yeah it's def flash player. Voice mail is what I meant when I said Audio message.
Oh well then it's a dead end here, is there anything else you could maybe suggest for me.

Even the CLICK doesn't work.
I can not really afford buying an enterprise version.

I was wondering if there's a way to launch an external .exe file through iMacros and that exe would just plain click the co-ordinates.

I don't have any javascript coding skills so any easily understandable solution would be appreciated.

Oh yeah, if Flash, then pfff, it usually "doesn't work" then..., as iMacros (for FF) only "sees" the Flash Container but is not "really" able to interact with the Object itself... Even if hum..., the Spacebar Method could have worked...
And yep, the 'XY CLICK' Mode doesn't work either with Flash Objects...

Stg else you can try is, still using the 'EVENT' Mode, to "fake" a mini-'MOUSEMOVE' of a few Pixels on the 'Play' Icon, instead of the "quick and frank" 'CLICK' Statement you first recorded/tried... That could work, I use it myself in a few of my Scripts... There is only a Drawback due to a Bug on 'MOUSEMOVE' but I've finally found a Workaround a few months ago, ah-ah...!, but I'll elaborate if the "Trick" works... Fingers crossed...!! :twisted:

Oh yeah, and yep indeed, it is possible to launch a mini-compiled EXE (AutoIt or AHK for example) from a Macro, still using the 'EVENT' Mode and some FF Add-on called 'External Application Buttons'...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by chivracq on Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:38 am

Hum, no Update anymore since my last Post...

Just to let you know that I received a Msg/Warning from 'TextNow' that I will "soon" lose the Free Nb they assigned me if I don't give a Call (which I won't be able to do anyway) or send a Msg... I would need to receive some VM if you want me to have a look, and that won't be possible anymore I reckon if I lose the Nb... (And I won't go through the hassle of requesting another Nb or making another Account...)
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions