Basic Question about automating email address

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Basic Question about automating email address

by BrianBrandt on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:51 am

I am a new user. I want to write a macro that will allow me to enter my email address, which is used as many usernames. I recorded one, and it worked, but automatically took me to the same URL.

Under FAQs, I saw to delete the auto URL address and add SET !ERRORIGNORE YES

I want to click into the email/username box, then invoke the macro. The macro is -

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
CONTENT=brian232425@hotmail.com
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES

It doesn't work. In addition, clicking on the iMacro toolbar button turns off my bookmark sidebar, which I have to turn on again after each iMacro use. Is there a way to attach this macro to a key, such as [alt][ctl]z without clicking on the iMacro button?

Thanks, I realize this is pretty basic. I use FireFox 52.0.2 in Win 10.
BrianBrandt

Re: Basic Question about automating email address

by chivracq on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:42 pm

BrianBrandt wrote:I am a new user. I want to write a macro that will allow me to enter my email address, which is used as many usernames. I recorded one, and it worked, but automatically took me to the same URL.

Under FAQs, I saw to delete the auto URL address and add SET !ERRORIGNORE YES

I want to click into the email/username box, then invoke the macro. The macro is -

Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
CONTENT=brian232425@hotmail.com
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES

It doesn't work. In addition, clicking on the iMacro toolbar button turns off my bookmark sidebar, which I have to turn on again after each iMacro use. Is there a way to attach this macro to a key, such as [alt][ctl]z without clicking on the iMacro button?

Thanks, I realize this is pretty basic. I use
FireFox 52.0.2 in Win 10.

Hum, you have "better" Add-ons than iMacros for simply inputting your E-Mail Address on different Pages/Sites, iMacros is more for Web-Automation and repetitive Tasks on one same Site as it heavily depends on the HTML Structure of each Page a Macro was recorded to work on.

But, OK, you can make such a Macro "generic" enough to work on most Pages like:
VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0
TAB T=1

SET E-Mail "brian232425@hotmail.com"

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:EMAIL FORM=ID:* ATTR=* CONTENT={{E-Mail}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:* ATTR=* CONTENT={{E-Mail}}
(Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10-x64.)
=> Tested on Gmail + Yahoo + Live (Live + Outlook + Hotmail) Mail Login Pages...

Starting a Macro from a Shortcut is not possible, it's been an Enhancement Request for already 10 years maybe, never implemented, grrr....! :roll:
But instead of starting your Macro from the iMacros Side-Panel which indeed uses the same Position/Place like the Bookmarks Sidebar, you can convert a Macro to a Bookmark (Right-Click + "Add to Bookmark") and place this Bookmark on your Bookmarks Toolbar or in the Bookmarks Sidebar... :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by BrianBrandt on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:23 pm

Thank you, Chivracq. Worked perfectly.

What are these other macro alternatives?
BrianBrandt

by BrianBrandt on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:28 pm

P.S. - Also attached it to a bookmark, which also worked perfectly.
BrianBrandt

by chivracq on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:50 pm

BrianBrandt wrote:Thank you, Chivracq. Worked perfectly.

What are these other macro alternatives?

BrianBrandt wrote:P.S. - Also attached it to a bookmark, which also worked perfectly.

OK, good to hear... :D

For Form Fillers, I used to use 'Roboform' a few years ago, which was good..., I don't know if it still exists, but you must have many Alternatives, search the Mozilla Add-ons Gallery on "Form Fill/er/ing / Autofill" or similar Terms...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by BrianBrandt on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:55 pm

O.K., thanks again.
BrianBrandt

Return to General Support & Discussions