Firefox 53 and iMacros CLOSEALLOTHERS command

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Firefox 53 and iMacros CLOSEALLOTHERS command

by tzso on Sun May 07, 2017 11:54 pm

Hi there!

iMacros 9.0.3 for Firefox has some issue with TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS command: FF release 53 ask me to confirm closing more than 2 tabs even if it is in FF's settings unchecked.
I reported this to Bugzilla, but no success. They suggested me to report this to iMacros support. Here it is.

Bugzilla report: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1362729

I'm using Linuxmint 18.1.
tzso

Re: Firefox 53 and iMacros CLOSEALLOTHERS command

by chivracq on Mon May 08, 2017 2:56 am

tzso wrote:Hi there!

iMacros 9.0.3 for Firefox has some issue with TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS command: FF release 53 ask me to confirm closing more than 2 tabs even if it is in FF's settings unchecked.
I reported this to Bugzilla, but no success. They suggested me to report this to iMacros support. Here it is.

Hum..., one Test that was not done like you were asked in the Bugzilla Thread...:
Zs (Reporter)
Comment 5 • 2 days ago
Sorry, but how could I check you asked without the CLOSEALLOTHERS command? How could I close more than one tabs at the same time?

=> In my FF51 but I guess it will be the same on FF53, you have Right-Click on a Tab + 'Close Tabs to the Right' & 'Close Other Tabs'.
=> Can you test those 2 Options "manually", especially the 'Close Other Tabs' which is very similar to 'TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS' in iMacros...?
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by tzso on Mon May 08, 2017 5:03 am

chivracq wrote:
tzso wrote:Hi there!

Hum..., one Test that was not done like you were asked in the Bugzilla Thread...:
Zs (Reporter)
Comment 5 • 2 days ago
Sorry, but how could I check you asked without the CLOSEALLOTHERS command? How could I close more than one tabs at the same time?

=> In my FF51 but I guess it will be the same on FF53, you have Right-Click on a Tab + 'Close Tabs to the Right' & 'Close Other Tabs'.
=> Can you test those 2 Options "manually", especially the 'Close Other Tabs' which is very similar to 'TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS' in iMacros...?

Sure I can: I tested it and both of the options you wrote produces the same as TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS, so FF 53 ask me to confirm closing the other tabs.
tzso

by chivracq on Mon May 08, 2017 6:25 am

tzso wrote:Sure I can: I tested it and both of the options you wrote produces the same as TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS, so FF 53 ask me to confirm closing the other tabs.

Oh yep, OK, but I get the same Behaviour as well in FF51 with both Options, and there is no "Don't ask me again..." Setting...

But a quick look at 'about:config' yields the following Setting 'browser.tabs.warnOnCloseOtherTabs' which by Default is set to 'True', if I toggle it to 'False', then I don't get the Confirmation Boxes for both Options anymore...

EDIT:
Oh...!, and I see some other Setting in 'about:config' that could play a Role as well: 'extensions.imacros.show-tabsclose-dialog'. Mine is set to 'False'.
(FCI: iMacros for FF v8.9.7, FF51, Win10-x64.)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by tzso on Mon May 08, 2017 9:41 am

chivracq wrote:
tzso wrote:Sure I can: I tested it and both of the options you wrote produces the same as TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS, so FF 53 ask me to confirm closing the other tabs.

Oh yep, OK, but I get the same Behaviour as well in FF51 with both Options, and there is no "Don't ask me again..." Setting...

But a quick look at 'about:config' yields the following Setting 'browser.tabs.warnOnCloseOtherTabs' which by Default is set to 'True', if I toggle it to 'False', then I don't get the Confirmation Boxes for both Options anymore...

Set this to False solved my problem :)

EDIT:
Oh...!, and I see some other Setting in 'about:config' that could play a Role as well: 'extensions.imacros.show-tabsclose-dialog'. Mine is set to 'False'.
(FCI: iMacros for FF v8.9.7, FF51, Win10-x64.)

This was false by me previously.

Thank you for your time and knowledge!

Cheers!
tzso

by chivracq on Mon May 08, 2017 1:01 pm

tzso wrote:This was false by me previously.

Thank you for your time and knowledge!

Cheers!

Okay..., not completely sure about which Setting exactly you are talking about, as both need to be set to 'False' to prevent your Pb I would think, and it's not completely clear to me if your Pb is now solved by one of those 2 Settings but you sound "Happy"..., so I guess your Pb is now solved...!? :?
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions