Wordpress script like post

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Wordpress script like post

by jtorres12 on Wed May 17, 2017 7:12 am

Hi! I'm new at this so i'm having a little problem creating a like macro
Im running imacro on W10 Spanish, firefox 53.0.2 32bits
Here is my code:

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://wordpress.com/tag/friends
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Like
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Follow

The follow part works good the problem is when it click the like button keeps clicking the button, like and unlike the same item, the like button has a star that turns yellow when you click it so I was trying to configure the script to click only the grey stars icon one time per item but I don't know how to do that, also I found this code that does the same thing (like and unlike the same thing) I don't know if its useless or not
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:like-button__like-icons&&TXT:

Sorry if anything is missing and new at this. Thanks in advance
jtorres12

Re: Wordpress script like post

by chivracq on Wed May 17, 2017 11:16 am

jtorres12 wrote:Hi! I'm new at this so i'm having a little problem creating a like macro
Im running
Code: Select all
imacro VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
on W10 Spanish,
firefox 53.0.2 32bits

Here is my code:
VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://wordpress.com/tag/friends
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Like
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Follow

The follow part works good the problem is when it click the like button keeps clicking the button, like and unlike the same item, the like button has a star that turns yellow when you click it so I was trying to configure the script to click only the grey stars icon one time per item but I don't know how to do that, also I found this code that does the same thing (like and unlike the same thing) I don't know if its useless or not
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:like-button__like-icons&&TXT:

Sorry if anything is missing and new at this. Thanks in advance

Hum..., I can't have a look at your Site as it requires some Login&Password, but from the Behaviour you describe about the Yellow and Grey Star, you could indeed use "Relative Positioning" by first clicking on = using the Grey Star as "Anchor" before clicking on the corresponding 'Like' Button.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by jtorres12 on Wed May 17, 2017 3:19 pm

Well I don't know how to do that but thanks :D :D
jtorres12

by chivracq on Wed May 17, 2017 5:28 pm

jtorres12 wrote:Well I don't know how to do that but thanks :D :D

Well, simply search the Wiki about "Relative Positioning" (I mentioned it deliberately between Quotes for you to use it as a Search Term), you have a complete Page or Section about that Technique, or search the Forum, you'll find many Examples, I use it regularly for Solutions...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by jtorres12 on Thu May 18, 2017 6:08 am

Thank you very much :D
jtorres12

by chivracq on Thu May 18, 2017 7:40 am

jtorres12 wrote:Thank you very much :D

OK..., and you can post/share your Script once you've got it to work, as that could help other Users as well... :wink:
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions