tab closed automatically -> imacros halts

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

tab closed automatically -> imacros halts

by fires on Mon May 22, 2017 5:00 am

hello there.

I have the following problem and couldn't find solutions online,etc..

script opens a link in a new tab and after selecting something there and the tab automatically closes, it halts, doesnt stops or give an error, just halts with no timeout timer or something, and doesn't execute any other commands. it's seems like a general issue, not something specific to my usage of imacros etc.

how can I bypass this behaviour ? regain focus on current tab, or force it to execute the remaining commands.

thanks in advance,

Re: tab closed automatically -> imacros halts

by chivracq on Mon May 22, 2017 8:21 am

fires wrote:
Code: Select all
iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3 on Ubuntu 12.04.5

hello there.

I have the following problem and couldn't find solutions online,etc..

script opens a link in a new tab and after selecting something there and the tab automatically closes, it halts, doesnt stops or give an error, just halts with no timeout timer or something, and doesn't execute any other commands. it's seems like a general issue, not something specific to my usage of imacros etc.

how can I bypass this behaviour ? regain focus on current tab, or force it to execute the remaining commands.

thanks in advance,

FCIM...! :mrgreen:
=> FF Version is missing...: FF53...?

Hum, I can't do any Testing without "such a Site" closing a Tab automatically..., the only Site I know with this Behaviour is my Online Banking Site but I don't want to do any "Testing" on it..., can you post the URL for your Site or find some similar (public) Site that doesn't require any Registration/L&P...?
And post some mini-Script reproducing the Pb...?

Try playing with the different '!TIMEOUT_xxx' Settings...

v9.0.3 for FF is pretty Buggy anyway and breaks many "things" compared to v8.9.7 for FF, you could try reverting as well to v8.9.7 (which still works on FF53)...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by fires on Tue May 23, 2017 4:51 am

hello again :D
FF version 52.0.2 (32-bit) , I changed the value to 0 for browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction so it opens popus in new tab.

..forgot about the above setting, so, the issue is with popups opened in new tabs, popups which close automatically after you select something.
still trying to find a similar site/page .. but the scenario is pretty simple and straighforward, script goes to link, popup opens (in a new tab because firefox setting), selects stuff in the popup which closes the tab, and then script halts like in the attachment.

I'll be back with more comprehensive info. thank you for now...
Attachments
SS_imacros.jpg
SS_imacros.jpg (12.47 KIB) Viewed 746 times
fires

by chivracq on Tue May 23, 2017 12:54 pm

fires wrote:hello again :D
FF version 52.0.2 (32-bit) , I changed the value to 0 for browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction so it opens popus in new tab.

..forgot about the above setting, so, the issue is with popups opened in new tabs, popups which close automatically after you select something.
still trying to find a similar site/page .. but the scenario is pretty simple and straighforward, script goes to link, popup opens (in a new tab because firefox setting), selects stuff in the popup which closes the tab, and then script halts like in the attachment.

I'll be back with more comprehensive info. thank you for now...

Hum, I've got that same Setting set to "0" as well, I tried setting it to "1" but it still opens my Banking Site in a new Tab, so I guess I wouldn't even be able to test with that Site, you would need to find some Site for me to have a go...

But, I think I remember that sbd had reported some "odd" Behaviour with v9.0.3 for FF related to Tabs that I couldn't reproduce because I never bothered to install v9.0.3, I guess I then had tested with v8.8.2 and v8.9.7 both for FF which are the 2 Versions I have installed, (I use v8.8.2 for FF for my "Prod" Environment, v8.9.7 (on FF51 until yesterday, now on FF53 from today) is only to test for the Forum...), you should really try with v8.9.7 for FF which is the stable Version for FF at this moment anyway... (and still works on FF52/53). :idea:

If v8.9.7 for FF doesn't solve your Pb, then I would need some Site to test, I remember as well doing some Testing about (multiple) Tabs a few months ago (I would then need to locate that Thread, ah-ah...!), and finding some kind of Bug I guess, which could easily be worked around if I remember correctly, but which offered some "interesting" Opportunities, ah-ah...!, (that's me with my "weird" creative Mind, oops...! 8) ), as it was possible for a Macro to (keep) run(ning) in a Tab that did NOT have the Focus, this "Feature" could bring some avail in your Case maybe, or maybe you are even actually hitting that same "Bug"...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions