Skipping an instagram follow

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Skipping an instagram follow

by socialmedia on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:25 pm

Im running imacros through firefox on OSX Sierra.
I pull up a persons followers list and have a script to follow those people, but every now and again, theres one follower that cant be followed.
This is not instagram blocking me from following because I followed too many accounts or following rapidly, its the script hits follow and then it doesnt follow. I can manually try and get the same result. Is there any way to skip over a user when after hitting the following button? otherwise, iMacros just keeps hitting follow on this same user. has happened multiple times.
socialmedia

Re: Skipping an instagram follow

by chivracq on Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:01 pm

socialmedia wrote:Im running
Code: Select all
imacros through firefox on OSX Sierra.

I pull up a persons followers list and have a script to follow those people, but every now and again, theres one follower that cant be followed.
This is not instagram blocking me from following because I followed too many accounts or following rapidly, its the script hits follow and then it doesnt follow. I can manually try and get the same result. Is there any way to skip over a user when after hitting the following button? otherwise, iMacros just keeps hitting follow on this same user. has happened multiple times.

Yeah, sorry, FCIM for me to read, read my Sig...
(Use the Forum "a bit correctly" if you want some Help, this is a Technical Forum... :idea: )
And, hum..., I only see text and "talking" in your OP, no Script + no URL, I hope your Qt is explicit enough for the level of (generic) answer you expect... :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by chivracq on Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:14 am

Yep..., always mention your FCI when you open a Thread, many Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions...
=> iMacros for FF v9.0.3...? / v8.9.7...?, FF53...?, MacOS-X Sierra.

Okay..., I read your Qt, but pfff, you would need to post your Script, it's difficult to help you without... But I guess it must be possible to first check (using 'EXTRACT') this 'Follow' Link/Button, there must be a Difference in the HTML Source Code of this Button to identify an Account that can be followed or not and either using a '.js' Script or 'EVAL()', to "avoid" that Account by probably "conditionally" incrementing the 'TAG POS=1' to 'TAG POS=2' etc...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by chivracq on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:42 am

Oh yeah...!, spamming the Forum by opening a Duplicate Thread (in the wrong Sub-Forum btw...!) doesn't qualify either for "Use the Forum "a bit correctly"...", instead of following up in this current Thread... :roll: , confirming why I usually don't help Users using/misusing iMacros for Social Media as it's most of the time solely for spamming other Users, ah-ah...! :shock:

Unfollow on Instagram while skipping certain profiles
by socialmedia on 18 Jun 2017, 16:52
socialmedia wrote:I would like to set up an Instagram imacros that unfollows all the people I follow. So far I have it set up to thweee it doesn't block me at all and can run all day. Only issue is, it unfollows profiles that I actually want to keep following and don't like having to go in to re follow these accounts every time.

Anyway for imacros to see a name and skip the "following" button so that it doesn't follow that user?

Here is a snippet of the script I'm using.

Code: Select all
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:UnFollow
TAB T=1
WAIT SECONDS=10

Duplicate Thread has been reported to be deleted/merged by the Forum Admin...
(But you can still delete it yourself, as long as nobody has replied in it after you... (I cannot delete it myself...)) :idea:
chivracq

by chivracq on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:11 am

Pfff...!, one more unnecessary Spam-Duplicate Thread...: :roll:
- Find word/ name then click associated button?
by socialmedia on 19 Jun 2017, 12:15
Click to view report
socialmedia wrote:I'm trying to find out a way to delete some people that I'm following on Instagram. So, if I put together a list of people that I want to follow, is there any way to open my followers list. Find xxxxx (name of Instagram user) then click the "following" button next to that name(which will unfollow that user?)
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions