MOUSEMOVE generates error at Chrome and FireFox

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

MOUSEMOVE generates error at Chrome and FireFox

by drfunjohn on Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:42 am

Hi, Maybe somebody have faced with this problem:
I use EVENT...MOUSEMOVE command but unfortunately this generates error at Chrome and Firefox browsers.
Code: Select all
EVENTS TYPE=MOUSEMOVE SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>INPUT" POINTS="(100,236),(101,236),(102,234),(103,234),(104,234),(105,234),(106,234)"

Chrome error is: TypeError: Cannot read property 'pageXOffset' of undefined, line: 10
FireFox error is: assignment to undeclared variable m, line: 10 (Error code: -1001)
In iMacros Browser it works fine.
Plugins' version are:
    Firefox:9.0.3,
    Chrome 8.4.4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OS: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit, En, FF 53.0.3 (32-bit), Chrome 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit),IE 11.1198
iMacros plug-in: for FF 8.9.7, for Cr 8.4.4, for IE 11.
iMacros (desktop): 11.5.499.3066
Last edited by drfunjohn on Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------------------------
OS: Windows 10 64-bit, En, FF 53.0.3 (32-bit), Cr 58 (64-bit), IE 11
iMacros (desktop): 11.5
drfunjohn

Re: MOUSEMOVE generates error at Chrome and FireFox

by chivracq on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:30 am

drfunjohn wrote:Plugins' version are:
    Firefox:9.0.4,
    Chrome 8.4.4

Hi, Maybe somebody have faced with this problem:
I use EVENT...MOUSEMOVE command but unfortunately this generates error at Chrome and Firefox browsers.
EVENTS TYPE=MOUSEMOVE SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>INPUT" POINTS="(100,236),(101,236),(102,234),(103,234),(104,234),(105,234),(106,234)"

Chrome error is: TypeError: Cannot read property 'pageXOffset' of undefined, line: 10
FireFox error is: assignment to undeclared variable m, line: 10 (Error code: -1001)
In iMacros Browser it works fine.
Plugins' version are:
    Firefox:9.0.4,
    Chrome 8.4.4

FCIM...! :mrgreen:
=> iMacros for FF v9.0.4, FF53...?, OS...?
=> iMacros for CR v8.4.4, CR57...?, OS...?

Hum..., are you sure about "your" v9.0.4 Version on FF...!? I don't know anything about this "v9.0.4" Version, current Version is "v9.0.3", there is no mention of a v9.0.4 Version on the 'iMacros for FF Version History' Page nor in the Mozilla Add-ons Archive...

There has always been a BIG Blocking Bug with the 'MOUSEMOVE' Command for the 'EVENT' Mode that I have reported already 4 years ago when the 'EVENT' Mode was first introduced in v8.24 for FF and which afaik has never been acknowledged by TechSupport and of course even less solved by Dev, ah-ah...! Hum, at least until v8.9.7 for FF, I never bothered installing v9.0.3 which is very Buggy and Limited compared to v8.9.7 (which still works on FF53) and I don't use CR...
But "my" Bug is a bit different than "yours", it doesn't trigger any RuntimeError, the Macro will simply hang forever at the next Line of Code in a Macro after a 'MOUSEMOVE' Command on an Element that is not found (even with '!ERRORIGNORE').

You should first try to revert to v8.9.7 on FF which is much more stable than v9.0.3 anyway...
And make sure that your Element you want to drag is indeed present on the Page...
If "your" Bug turns out to be the same Bug like "mine" or at least related to it, I now have a Workaround for it, ah-ah...!

And could you post a mini-full-Macro reproducing your Pb with URL and "everything" on some "public" Site...?
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by drfunjohn on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:48 am

Thank for reply.
I have update OS version: it is Windows 10.
I have different configurations of plug-in, it does not matter.
Thank again for suggestion to downgrade plug-in version, it seems very reasonable to do.

Update 1:
You are right:
This is version issue, previous version (plug-in for FF 8.9.7) work fine.
-------------------------------
OS: Windows 10 64-bit, En, FF 53.0.3 (32-bit), Cr 58 (64-bit), IE 11
iMacros (desktop): 11.5
drfunjohn

by chivracq on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:10 am

drfunjohn wrote:Thank for reply.
I have update OS version: it is Windows 10.
I have different configurations of plug-in, it does not matter.
Thank again for suggestion to downgrade plug-in version, it seems very reasonable to do.

Update 1:
You are right:
This is version issue, previous version (plug-in for FF 8.9.7) work fine now I will check Chrome plug-in.

Browsers' Versions are still missing for your 2 FCI's..., FF53 and CR57 probably I reckon...

OK, "good" news about v8.9.7 solving your Pb on FF, and make sure to disable Automatic Updates for iMacros or it will update itself back to v9.0.3, ah-ah...!
And make sure your Element is always present on the Page or you will hit "my" Bug, ah-ah...! Hum, I actually would "nearly" like that you hit it, for sbd else to confirm it as I'm nearly a bit surprised nobody ever encountered and confirmed it while I find it quite Blocking to be honest... Well, now a bit less as I finally managed to find a Workaround a few months or maybe 1 year now ago...

But that will not help for CR as v8.4.4 is actually the first really stable Version of iMacros for CR, and v8.4.4 is also the first Version in which the 'EVENT' Mode was implemented for CR, so you cannot revert to some previous Version. I reckon the 'EVENT' Mode Code for v8.4.4 for CR got taken from the Code from v9.0.x for FF so you won't be able to solve your Pb on CR...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions