FAIL_IF_FOUND not working

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

FAIL_IF_FOUND not working

by bestisme on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:18 am

I am using firefox version 52.2.0 (32-bit), on Windows XP SP2 (yeah thats old) and IMacros VERSION BUILD=9030808

In my macro, I want to try extracting something with TAG command, if the TAG is there, the script should stop, otherwise it should keep running. Trying to do this with FAIL_IF_FOUND but doesn't seem to be working :cry:

SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0

TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:MONSTER<SP>FOUND CONTENT=EVENT:FAIL_IF_FOUND

Yes, it is very simple, but its working :(

ERROR
element DIV specified by TXT:MONSTER<SP>FOUND was not found, line: 6 (Error code: -921)

I want it to continue running if its not found, but it is stopping with error
bestisme

Re: FAIL_IF_FOUND not working

by chivracq on Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:32 am

bestisme wrote:I am using
Code: Select all
firefox version 52.2.0 (32-bit), on Windows XP SP2 (yeah thats old) and IMacros VERSION BUILD=9030808

In my macro, I want to try extracting something with TAG command, if the TAG is there, the script should stop, otherwise it should keep running. Trying to do this with FAIL_IF_FOUND but doesn't seem to be working :cry:

SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0

TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:MONSTER<SP>FOUND CONTENT=EVENT:FAIL_IF_FOUND

Yes, it is very simple, but its working :(

ERROR
element DIV specified by TXT:MONSTER<SP>FOUND was not found, line: 6 (Error code: -921)

I want it to continue running if its not found, but it is stopping with error

Yep, known Bug for v9.0.3 for FF, already reported in this Thread...

"... but its working :(" => I guess you mean "NOT working"...

:arrow: Workaround is to revert to v8.9.7 for FF which is more stable than v9.0.3 anyway (and still works on FF52/54)...!
... Or to "rebuild" your own 'FAIL_IF_FOUND' with 'EVAL()' + 'MacroError()'...

>>>

Hum..., checking a bit your older Threads, and 2 years later, I would be interested if you had an Update on this Thread about installing iMacros on FF-Mobile on Android...?
(And I just happened to get a Smartphone with Android last week (an "older" Samsung S2 from a Friend who's now at S6 or S7, I think, ah-ah...!?) but I might be interested myself and might be able to do a bit of Testing on that Device once I "master" it a bit, ah-ah...! My "Solution" at the moment is to use 'TeamViewer" from the SmartPhone..., even if to be honest, it's more of a "Show-off" than a "real Need" as I didn't have a SmartPhone before and my "overall" iMacros "Strategy" doesn't need me with any User Input when I'm away from home...)

Hum, and I notice some even older Thread from about 3 years ago where you didn't follow up at all and obviously didn't finish "neatly" and a bit useful for other Users... Would still be nice of you could finish that one "a bit correctly"...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by bestisme on Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:35 am

Okay, switched to older version, and its working well now thanks.

And, about android....I actually gave up, because you are the only one who replied to my threads, and you didn't have a smartphone.
But I am still interested in running Imacros on android, other than Teamviewer and mobile+PC.

I saw somewhere on net that currently the project is put on hold officially, but I don't know thats true.

There is this link https://addons.mozilla.org/en-uS/androi ... /versions/

I installed it on android from here, I was able to install it, but it wasn't working. When I saw installed addons, it was grey colored while others were black, and I had only two buttons available - Disable or Uninstall and also I couldn't find out how to open the sidebar to play anything, and also there was no icon of Imacros in toolbar like normally for PC.

Don't have any other ideas left that I didn't try :(
bestisme

by chivracq on Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:37 am

bestisme wrote:Okay, switched to older version, and its working well now thanks.

Yeah, v8.9.7 is still the Stable Version on FF, (compared to v9.03), and still works of FF54, hum, except for one little Bug on 'FILTER' that I guess I'm the only one using, ah-ah...!

bestisme wrote:And, about android....I actually gave up, because you are the only one who replied to my threads, and you didn't have a smartphone.
But I am still interested in running Imacros on android, other than Teamviewer and mobile+PC.

I saw somewhere on net that currently the project is put on hold officially, but I don't know thats true.

There is this link https://addons.mozilla.org/en-uS/androi ... /versions/

I installed it on android from here, I was able to install it, but it wasn't working. When I saw installed addons, it was grey colored while others were black, and I had only two buttons available - Disable or Uninstall and also I couldn't find out how to open the sidebar to play anything, and also there was no icon of Imacros in toolbar like normally for PC.

Don't have any other ideas left that I didn't try :(

Okay, thanks for that Heads up, I just got my Android SmartPhone this or last week, OK, managed to copy all my Contacts to my SIM (from my VERY OLD previous Nokia GSM), so now I am really going to use this Android SmartPhone (Android v4 stg I think, Android Versions don't tell me anything yet, I'm just starting...), but I'll need a mini-while before I squeeze and squick it to do "things" it's not "supposed to do", ah-ah... I'm usually good at "Creative" "Oops, it's not supposed to work this way", ah-ah...!
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions