how to use Multiple accounts on Pale Moon

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

how to use Multiple accounts on Pale Moon

by a2515125 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:19 am

hey,

My firefox always crashed in 10 minutes in some simple pure iim script which I want it to run 24hours a day / 7days a week.....
(windows 10/FF50.1.0/imacro 8.9.7)

so I switch to Pale Moon for new HOPE
(windows 10/Portable PM v26.3.3/imacros 8.8.7.1)

However, I do not know how to use Multiple accounts/profiles on Portable Pale Moon

I just copy different PM folder and name them differently but it fails to work.

anyone can help?
a2515125

Re: how to use Multiple accounts on Pale Moon

by a2515125 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:59 am

here is my solution that i found

multifox v2.0.7 download from Github working well......

any other solution to share would be appreciated :mrgreen:
a2515125

by chivracq on Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:53 am

a2515125 wrote:hey,

My firefox always crashed in 10 minutes in some simple pure iim script which I want it to run 24hours a day / 7days a week.....
Code: Select all
(windows 10/FF50.1.0/imacro 8.9.7)

so I switch to Pale Moon for new HOPE
(windows 10/Portable PM v26.3.3/imacros 8.8.7.1)

However, I do not know how to use Multiple accounts/profiles on Portable Pale Moon

I just copy different PM folder and name them differently but it fails to work.

anyone can help?

Yep, PM is indeed a much better Option than FF in my Opinion, at least 30% quicker, no Memory Leaks like in FF...
My current FCI:
iMacros v8.8.2, PM v26.3.3, Win10-x64.

To use/create multiple Profiles with Pale Moon (same Procedure like with FF), you need to start 'palemoon.exe' manually with the '-P' Switch for the Profile Manager...
... Or you can edit your 'profiles.ini' File to add the Profiles that you've already copied... (Backup your Original 'profiles.ini' of course in case anything "goes wrong" ah-ah...!)
Here is an Example of my current 'profiles.ini' (I use 3 Profiles.):
[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=1
Path=Profiles/yy8yzhlq.default

[Profile1]
Name=JFC_Main
IsRelative=1
Path=Profiles/b4qy6p27.JFC_KL
Default=1

[Profile2]
Name=JFC_KL
IsRelative=1
Path=Profiles/94l4rk6i.JFC_CC

And I start them (manually) from 3 Windows Shortcuts with:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe" -p default
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe" -p JFC_Main -no-remote
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe" -p JFC_KL -no-remote

And I run a Macro from the Win10 Task Scheduler on a '.BAT' File with:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe" -P "default" imacros://run/?m="_Run All Ops++Q!.IIM"

Comment I have in my '.BAT' File:
rem Pale Moon with dedicated Profile:
rem (Hum, doesn't work properly if that PM Profile is not already running, need to use the Default PM Profile...)
rem "C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe" -P "JFC_KL" -no-remote imacros://run/?m="_Run All Ops++Q!.IIM"
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by a2515125 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:38 am

thank you chivracq

you are so generous on this forum

really appreciated :))

you make everyone here get improved
a2515125

by chivracq on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:36 am

a2515125 wrote:here is my solution that i found

multifox v2.0.7 download from Github working well......

any other solution to share would be appreciated :mrgreen:

Oh...!, I had missed this previous Post of yours that you must have posted while I was already typing mine...

OK, interesting to know about 'Multifox' and its Version...
Which Version of iMacros did you manage to get working on it...?
=> v9.0.3 / v8.9.7 / v8.8.7 / v8.8.2...?

Pale Moon for example doesn't go any further than v8.8.2 or v8.8.7 depending on the PM Version...

I once had the "Project" to try and test and "benchmark" all (or at least several) Browsers forked on FF when using iMacros, but I "stopped" directly after trying Pale Moon that I adopted directly, ah-ah...!, when I saw the huge boost in Reliability and Performance compared to plain FF... (And part of my Requirements was having multiple Scripts run 24/7 in different Browser Instances/Profiles, which means it would take me about 3 weeks to test every new Browser, so I simply stuck to PM...)

I did the same with Chrome at some point, and I maintained until about 1.5 years ago now an Env. with Comodo Dragon + iMacros v7.03 for CR (on Win7-x64) which was at that time the last Version to work on Dragon. But then my old Laptop gave up and I didn't even bother to reinstall CR (that I don't like) or Dragon (which was a pain in the ass with fake Security and Web-Monitoring and unwanted Ads) on my new Laptop (Win10-x64).

a2515125 wrote:thank you chivracq

you are so generous on this forum

really appreciated :))

you make everyone here get improved

Ah-ah...!, Thanks for the Appreciation...! :D :oops:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by a2515125 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:17 am

multifox v2.0.7 /imacro 8.8.7.1/pale moon portable v26.3.3

I tried several times to find out they can gett along with each other :lol:

multifox v2.0.7 you can find on github
a2515125

by a2515125 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:28 am

chivracq wrote:Yep, PM is indeed a much better Option than FF in my Opinion, at least 30% quicker, no Memory Leaks like in FF...
My current FCI:
iMacros v8.8.2, PM v26.3.3, Win10-x64.

To use/create multiple Profiles with Pale Moon (same Procedure like with FF), you need to start 'palemoon.exe' manually with the '-P' Switch for the Profile Manager...
... Or you can edit your 'profiles.ini' File to add the Profiles that you've already copied... (Backup your Original 'profiles.ini' of course in case anything "goes wrong" ah-ah...!)
Here is an Example of my current 'profiles.ini' (I use 3 Profiles.):
[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=1

[Profile1]
Name=JFC_Main
IsRelative=1
Default=1

[Profile2]
Name=JFC_KL
IsRelative=1

And I start them (manually) from 3 Windows Shortcuts with:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe" -p default
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe" -p JFC_Main -no-remote
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe" -p JFC_KL -no-remote

And I run a Macro from the Win10 Task Scheduler on a '.BAT' File with:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe" -P "default" imacros://run/?m="_Run All Ops++Q!.IIM"

Comment I have in my '.BAT' File:
rem Pale Moon with dedicated Profile:
rem (Hum, doesn't work properly if that PM Profile is not already running, need to use the Default PM Profile...)
rem "C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe" -P "JFC_KL" -no-remote imacros://run/?m="_Run All Ops++Q!.IIM"

the first way, I tried put -p after target access but nothing happen when I clicked the browser again
it supposed to pop up messagebox that I can create the accounts......isn't it?

the second way,
I would like to know where do you get the red word because I have no idea where to get them? :idea:

so do you mean if I want to use three accounts like run three js script at the same time

I have to install THREE PM and name their target access end with -p *** ?

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=1

[Profile1]
Name=JFC_Main
IsRelative=1
Default=1

[Profile2]
Name=JFC_KL
IsRelative=1
a2515125

by chivracq on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:33 pm

a2515125 wrote:the first way, I tried put -p after target access but nothing happen when I clicked the browser again
it supposed to pop up messagebox that I can create the accounts......isn't it?

the second way,
I would like to know where do you get the red word because I have no idea where to get them? :idea:

so do you mean if I want to use three accounts like run three js script at the same time

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=1

[Profile1]
Name=JFC_Main
IsRelative=1
Default=1

[Profile2]
Name=JFC_KL
IsRelative=1

Well, concerning the '-P' Switch to launch the FF or PM Profile Manager, the whole Procedure is explained here. It's the same Procedure for FF and PM...
PM must be completely closed for example, same thing if you ever want to manually backup or restore/copy some existing Profile, if you get a new Laptop for example, or a few "vital" Files will be skipped... (I know from Experience as it happened to me once, I think when I decided a few years ago to update from Win7 to Win8.0 or Win8.1, but I had luckily let Win8.x Setup make a Backup of my 'C:\' Drive and I managed to retrieve the full FF Profile(s) with the missing Files from that Backup, ah-ah...!)

I had used the Wizard to create New Profiles, which gave them the Names in Red, at least the complete first time on some previous Laptop, as I then later manually copied those Profiles to my current Laptop which made me avoid to have to reinstall about 70 Add-ons for each Profile.

It is not "install 3 PM" but have 3 different Profiles. And yep you start them with "-p Profile_NameX" from a Windows/Desktop Shortcut, at least that's how I do it. And for the non-Default Profiles, you need to use the '-no-remote' Switch as well, I don't remember exactly why, but this Switch is a bit necessary... (I did the whole "Operation" 4 or 5 years ago already, so it's a bit a while ago since I dug into that Technical Part...)
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions