Shortcuts to executes imacro scripts

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Shortcuts to executes imacro scripts

by sqlcode on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:19 am

I am on Win 7 Enterprise and iMacros V 11.5 Enterprise Edition.

Is there any way to assign shortcuts or function keys to execute macros?
sqlcode

Re: Shortcuts to executes imacro scripts

by chivracq on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:38 pm

sqlcode wrote:I am on
Code: Select all
Win 7 Enterprise and iMacros V 11.5 Enterprise Edition.

Is there any way to assign shortcuts or function keys to execute macros?

Not completely sure about iMB (v11.5) but for FF that I know better, if you convert your ('.iim') Macros to Bookmarklets, you can then assign Shortcuts to them, see for example the following Article which describes several Solutions for which a few should work with any Browser, using AHK, Desktop Shortcuts, some external Add-ons, or even a Startpage (not mentioned).
- Creating Hotkeys in Firefox for bookmarks (bookmarklets)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by sqlcode on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:09 pm

Thank you. I like the AHK approach and will try that. Meanwhile, i also learnt that i can use windows batch file to invoke iMacro. I am testing that and it works fine but it opens url in iMacro browser. I want to open url in IE. FireFox or Chrome is not an option.

Any work around for this?

iMacros Browser (x86) Version 11.5.498.2403
iMacros Enterprise Edition
IE 11.0.96
Windows 17 Enterprise (64 bit OS).
sqlcode

by chivracq on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:03 pm

sqlcode wrote:Thank you. I like the AHK approach and will try that. Meanwhile, i also learnt that i can use windows batch file to invoke iMacro. I am testing that and it works fine but it opens url in iMacro browser. I want to open url in IE. FireFox or Chrome is not an option.

Any work around for this?
Code: Select all
iMacros Browser (x86) Version 11.5.498.2403
 iMacros Enterprise Edition
IE 11.0.96
Windows 17 Enterprise (64 bit OS).

Yep, '.BAT' File is actually more or less the same like "Desktop Shortcut" that I had mentioned earlier, same Technique...

Tja...!, can't react on your "... but it opens url in iMacro browser. I want to open url in IE. FireFox or Chrome is not an option." if you don't post the Content of your '.BAT' File, ah-ah...! :roll: Of course you can open/start any Browser you want from s Shortcut/'.BAT' File, ah-ah...! :roll:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions