Batch start doesn't work with latest Firefox

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Batch start doesn't work with latest Firefox

by BigNose on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:00 am

Hi,
Actually I’m running a logging application by starting a macro from a looped batch file ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" imacros://run/?m=mymacro.iim).
Works fine with FF49.0.2. If I update to the latest version of FF, a new tab occurs “could not open address”…
What’s the problem? Nothing but the FF Version changed.
Starting the macro directly from FF also works fine.
BigNose

Re: Batch start doesn't work with latest Firefox

by chivracq on Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:02 am

BigNose wrote:Hi,
Actually I’m running a logging application by starting a macro from a looped batch file ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" imacros://run/?m=mymacro.iim).
Works fine with FF49.0.2. If I update to the latest version of FF, a new tab occurs “could not open address”…
What’s the problem? Nothing but the FF Version changed.
Starting the macro directly from FF also works fine.

Welcome to the Forum, but hum..., no need to open Duplicate Threads, I already had to delete one...
Many Users post incorrectly in the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum while your Thread actually belongs to that Sub-Forum... (But OK, no need to duplicate [again]...)

FCIM...! :mrgreen:
Always mention your FCI when you open a Thread (or post for the first time in some existing Thread), read my Sig, many Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Version or get broken from some specific Version like in your Case...
And "latest" doesn't mean much, you always have 3-4-5 "latest" Versions for FF (=> FF52/54/55/56 at this moment, depending on which Channel you are) and iMacros (=> v8.8.2/v8.8.7/v8.9.7/v9.0.3), which gives a [4x4=16] Matrix to choose from...! And "latest" won't mean anything anymore anyway to sbd reading this Thread in a few weeks/months/years..., just like I am going to refer you to an older Thread from 5 months ago... :roll:
=> FCI=...??? iMacros for FF v9.0.3...?, FF54...?, OS...? :?:

But OK, your Pb is a known Pb that appeared several months ago already with iMacros for FF v9.0.3 + FF52, with several parallel Threads reporting it, (that you could have found by yourself btw, the Forum is also meant to be used as a Search Engine...), see for example the following Thread from March 2017 for more Info and 2 Workarounds:
- imacros://run/?m= broken in Firefox 52 with MultiProc enabled
(And iMacros v8.9.7 for FF still works on FF v54.0.1 for "my" recommended Workaround...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions