Demos not working

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Demos not working

by sparrow on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:58 pm

Newbie here. Apologies if this has been answered - I couldn't find a related post.

I'm trying to save a password for website I use frequently, that Firefox 54.0.01 won't save. It has three ID fields and a pin pad to enter PIN.

iMacros won't record the input. It will record the input for the Harry Potter search on Amazon as per the tutorial.

The first issue is that when I tried to play the demos, they won't play the input stage either. The website comes up, but stops before TAG. There's a green bar second from the top that says "Loading 10.0 (60.0) s", but even if I wait the full 60 seconds, nothing happens. The fields remain empty.

I'm running Windows 10 v1703 and iMacros 9030808. All restarted after install.

Please help!
sparrow

Re: Demos not working

by chivracq on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:26 pm

sparrow wrote:Newbie here. Apologies if this has been answered - I couldn't find a related post.

I'm trying to save a password for website I use frequently, that Firefox 54.0.01 won't save. It has three ID fields and a pin pad to enter PIN.

iMacros won't record the input. It will record the input for the Harry Potter search on Amazon as per the tutorial.

The first issue is that when I tried to play the demos, they won't play the input stage either. The website comes up, but stops before TAG. There's a green bar second from the top that says "Loading 10.0 (60.0) s", but even if I wait the full 60 seconds, nothing happens. The fields remain empty.

I'm running
Code: Select all
Windows 10 v1703 and iMacros 9030808.
All restarted after install.

Please help!

=> FCI:
iMacros for FF v9.0.3, FF v54.0.1, Win10 v1703.

Which specific Demo-Macro are you talking about...?
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by sparrow on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:05 pm

I tried the FillForm.iim in the Demo-Firefox folder in the left iMacros pane.
sparrow

by chivracq on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:49 pm

sparrow wrote:I tried the FillForm.iim in the Demo-Firefox folder in the left iMacros pane.

OK, I have 2 Versions for this 'FillForm.iim' Demo-Macro, they both work fine if I test them in 2 different FCI's:
- iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10-x64.
- iMacros for FF v8.9.7, FF v54.0.1, Win10-x64.

Version 1 (Is an older Version, from v7.21.): (Will allow me to same L&P both on PM and FF.)
VERSION BUILD=7210419 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1     
URL GOTO=http://www.iopus.com/imacros/demo/v6/f1/form.asp 
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:Name CONTENT=Tom<SP>Tester
'We manually changed the TAG command from using the postion of a value (e. g. "1")
'to using its real name, e. g. "Pizza"
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:main CONTENT=$Pizza
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:drink CONTENT=$Water
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:C7&&VALUE:ON CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:dessert CONTENT=$Apple<SP>Pie:$Fruits
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:Customer&&VALUE:Yes CONTENT=Yes
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:Reg_code CONTENT=demo123
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:Remarks CONTENT=Hi!<BR><LF><BR><LF>iMacros<SP>fills<SP>forms<SP>;-)<BR><LF><BR><LF>Tom
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:SendButton&&VALUE:Click<SP>to<SP>order<SP>now 
WAIT SECONDS=5
URL GOTO=http://www.iopus.com/imacros/home/msg/ok.htm

Version 2 (from v8.9.7, looks like it was last updated in v7.50, ah-ah...!): (Doesn't ask to save any L&P.)
VERSION  BUILD=7500718 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1     
URL GOTO=http://demo.imacros.net/Automate/TestForm1
'We use quotation marks for a content with spaces
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:demo ATTR=ID:name CONTENT="Suman Tester"
'We manually changed the TAG command from using the postion of a value (e. g. "2")
'to using its real name, e. g. "Pizza"
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:demo ATTR=ID:food CONTENT=%Pizza
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:demo ATTR=ID:drink CONTENT=%Coke
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=ID:demo ATTR=ID:medium&&VALUE:medium CONTENT=YES
'If you want to select more than one, use a colon (:)
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:demo ATTR=ID:dessert CONTENT=%"ice cream":%"Apple Pie"
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=ID:demo ATTR=NAME:Customer CONTENT=YES
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=ID:demo ATTR=NAME:Reg_code CONTENT=tester
'In a quoted content, we can use \n for a new line, \t for tab and \" for literal quotes
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ID:demo ATTR=NAME:Remarks CONTENT="iMacros can fill forms."
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON:SUBMIT FORM=ID:demo ATTR=TXT:"Click to order now"

Can you check that "your" Version from v9.0.3 is still the same like "my" Version from v8.9.7...?
=> If your Version is different, then can you post it...? And try mine...?
(Yeah, sorry, as I mention below, v9.0.3 is so buggy that I never bothered to install it, ah-ah...!)

But, pffff..., v9.0.3 for FF is pretty buggy and limited, compared to v8.9.7, the stable and recommended Version (by me, ah-ah...!) to use is v8.9.7. (which still works on FF54 then...)

You may want to have a look at the following Thread where I mention 2 Settings in 'about:config' that started playing a Role with "Unsecured" Logins after a Change in FF53 (or maybe FF52 already, I don't know, I updated directly from FF51 to FF53) and that could play a Role for you, even if I'm not completely sure as I cannot reproduce your Pb...:
- FF iMacros multi-login, doesn't log out beyond FF49.0.2
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by sparrow on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:19 pm

Thanks chivracq.

My script was the same as yours. I tried both, neither worked.

Then I installed the older version of iMacros you recommended, 8.9.7. Now I can work the demos, and record form filling for other websites - yay!

The bad news is that it still doesn't work for the problem website :

https://orti.eaa.unsw.edu.au/ortiStuden ... tedIndex=0
sparrow

by chivracq on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:31 pm

sparrow wrote:Thanks chivracq.

My script was the same as yours. I tried both, neither worked.

Then I installed the older version of iMacros you recommended, 8.9.7. Now I can work the demos, and record form filling for other websites - yay!

The bad news is that it still doesn't work for the problem website :

https://orti.eaa.unsw.edu.au/ortiStuden ... tedIndex=0

OK, good to hear about v8.9.7, but concerning your Site, oops...!, normal, the complete whole Site is in Flash, beurk...!! Only the 'DS' Mode (only available for IE + iMB) is able to handle Flash Objects with iMacros...

That's very bad Design, the Site was probably made by some Student who had just learnt to program a bit in Flash, was the "Fashion" until 5 years ago..., ah-ah...!

Things you can try:
- Try to access this Site from some Smartphone, if it "works", most Browsers on SmartPhones don't support Flash anymore, then you can try to access the Site again from your PC/Laptop after changing your UA (User Agent) to some SmartPhone UA, then you may get some non-Flash Interface... I didn't see any Check on UA in the Source of the Page but maybe I was already "too late" after some Redirect...
Hum, I checked a bit (on FF54), but I haven't updated my List of UA's since more than 1 year, I could only check with a "Samsung Galaxy S3" and an "iPhone 3.0", no Difference, I still get the Flash GUI... So, I'm afraid this won't work, even with newer SmartPhones/UA's...

- A bit High Level is to decompile the Flash Object and sometimes you can access its Properties/Methods from 'URL GOTO=javascript', hum not supported in v9.0.3 anymore, good that you reverted to v8.9.7, but that's a bit for "High Level Geeks", I have some Site where I would like to apply this Technique, I've never found the time to go digging into that...
But if the Site was indeed developed by some (final year) Student, you have a chance this might work as it was until 5 years ago common Practice to let Properties/Methods accessible from outside the Flash Object for ease of Debugging, especially if he/she had some limited time to develop the Site and the "proper" Testing occurred once the Site was taken in Prod and "real" Students started to use it... and he/she was not On-Site anymore or only cared to get the Site to work a bit correctly and didn't bother to harden his/her Code...

And otherwise, hum, I don't really know, maybe some other Advanced User will come up with some good Idea, ah-ah...!
chivracq

by sparrow on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:29 am

Thanks for your ideas chivracq.

You're right, there doesn't seem to be any non-flash version available of this crappy website :(

Decompiling it with 'URL GOTO=javascript', is probably outside my skill set at the moment, especially if the code has been "hardened".

I'm interested in your comment about Direct Screen. Wonder if I can use an alternate macro add-in for Firefox or an iMacro work-around...
sparrow

by chivracq on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:28 pm

sparrow wrote:Thanks for your ideas chivracq.

You're right, there doesn't seem to be any non-flash version available of this crappy website :(

Decompiling it with 'URL GOTO=javascript', is probably outside my skill set at the moment, especially if the code has been "hardened".

I'm interested in your comment about Direct Screen. Wonder if I can use an alternate macro add-in for Firefox or an iMacro work-around...

I'm actually a bit surprised to see a Site developed by and for a University to be a perfect Example of the "worst Practice" in Web-Development, Universities are supposed to be at the State of the Art in terms of good Practice and following Web Development... What I learnt myself 30 years ago (oops...!) from my Study in Computer Sciences at my University is still correct and useful today, 30 years later, especially for "Algorithmic" and Developing + Testing.
And a University is about Students, Students nowadays all have a SmartPhone or Tablet with which they "handle" most of their Use of "Internet", but most Browsers on SmartPhones/Tablets don't support Flash anymore (or it's a bit of a hassle to get Flash to work on those), so there must be some "internal Demand" for a Replacement for this Flash Interface...
The only "valid" Reason I can think of for choosing for Flash when the Site was created was that that University was afraid of getting their Content "stolen" or "copied", as Flash Content was supposed to be more difficult to get indexed by Search Engines, at least until the "5 years ago" Limit that I mentioned... They've since long found ways to still manage to index that Content anyway...

Well, it's not "Decompiling it with 'URL GOTO=javascript'", but decompiling with a Decompiler, I usually use this one myself (hum, they seem to be down at this very moment...?), and try to access Properties/Methods from iMacros with 'URL GOTO=javascript', but hum..., this is going to be very cumbersome, even if you manage to get the Login to work, I guess you then want to automate other Screens after being logged on, and this will probably not work...

The Online Decompiler 'ShowMyCode' being down, I downloaded and installed this one which looks very powerful: JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler.
After installing it (on my Win10-x64 Laptop), it doesn't have the Functionality to directly import a Flash Object from an URL, but once downloaded and opened locally, Decompilation works fine, but hum..., that Flash Module is quite complex, I wouldn't know what to do with its Content..., I would first need to "experiment" with that Flash Object that I know already from some other Site which is waaaaaay simpler...!
But ah-ah...!, I was saying that this Site had been designed maybe 5 years ago, if I'm correct with converting the Compilation Date from some "weird" Format ("compilationDateLow : UI32 = -956968778"), it is actually from April 2000, ah-ah...!
But OK, forget about this "Decompile" Path, this won't lead you anywhere, I'm afraid... :(

Then yep, the 'DS' Mode...! You can simply download iMB v11.5 (the iMacros Browser) from the iMacros/iOpus/Ipswitch Site, you have a Trial Version for 30 days I think...
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions