Folders Deleted Accidentally - Help Needed

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Folders Deleted Accidentally - Help Needed

by tranthe on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:57 am

Skater styles were not hotter, along with increase in the lower-profile, vulcanized look means growing figures of individuals searching for, buying, putting on and researching this program in shops and sizes of skateboards, a San Fran-based e-commerce solutions company, tracks how frequently ofInternet keywords to look at how brands wax and wane in recognition - additionally to, since this past year, skate searches established yourself.

Brand Quantity Of Searches

Vans

The Santa Fe Springs, Calif.-based company has switched in to a blockbuster year. Not just wouldn't it are actually Footwear News' type of year, nonetheless it did underneath half a billion dollars operating a company around 2006. The skate behemoth is ongoing to ride excellent within the limited-edition Vault styles, that's high-profile collaboration with Marc Jacobs. And, for spring '07, Vans will likely be launching men's surf styles.

Electricity

Vista, Calif.-based Electricity (it's dropped the Footwear) is keeping sneakerheads salivating getting its Artist Projects line. Recently, the organization released footwear with Methamphibian, the famous New You are able to School of Visual Arts-trained sneaker artist, including two limited-edition makeups: 48 pairs inside the yellow-and-black version for Hawaii's In4mation, along with same amount edition for Los Angeles' Brooklyn Projects.

Etnies

The flagship type of Lake Forest, Calif.-based Sole Technology, Etnies is launching its first mind-to-foot selection of apparel, accessories and footwear for women and men this spring. Also searching for virtually any spring launch is Seed, a clothing and footwear collection created from sustainable and recyclable materials. But Seed is not just created from the most effective stuff Body percent within the proceeds will likely be donated to ecological organizations the company believes will "plant the seeds" (have it?) money for hard occasions of "action sports, humanity combined with world.In .

Nike Senate bill

It does not dominate the skate category in quite exactly the same it dominates other running footwear areas, but Nike Skateboarding isn't any slouch, either. This Thursday through Sunday, it's sponsoring both Amateur and Pro competitions inside the Skatepark of Tampa's 14th anniversary celebration in Tampa, Fla. If you are in the region Friday night, mind over to look at Nirvana precursors Dinosaur Junior., who headline the party -and switch capture the reveal inside the limited-edition Dinosaur Junior. Dunk High shoe.

Adio

Performance footwear brand Adio backed the Rock Adio tour this fall and created a type of footwear by La artist Fawn Gehweiler whose proceeds benefit breast cancers awareness nonprofit Have A Very Breast. Additionally, it make fleeces, bags, headgear, T-shirts and jeans. But executives haven't forgotten footwear, either, producing women's and men's footwear and sandals. (Adio also produced footwear with Bam Margera, so even Jackasses have Adio footwear within the.)

Zoo You are able to

The idea was created within the late '70s, whenever a motley crew of skateboards and graffiti artists calling themselves "The Soul Artists of Zoo It will be possible toInch left their mark on Manhattan. How To Buy A Good Quality Complete Skateboard For Beginners

Several evolutions later, in 1993, the Zoo You are able to brand premiered. But while apparel and accessories inspired while using the skate legacy within the Zoo You are able to crew have been in existence, for holiday '06, the company (now of Skechers) released a type of casual and skate footwear.

Emerica

The 2nd of Sole Technology's brands to actually make list, Emerica's core skate offering switched ten years old last, along with lines are constantly supply numerous padding options, catering for the skaters who wish to offer the board and people wishing somewhat cushioning. Spring looks inside the brand fall squarely for the traditional vulcanized sphere, natch, but Emerica is trembling some misconception somewhat style-wise while using the Ridgemont and Laced laceless styles and funky patterns and colorways.

DVS

Torrance, Calif.-based DVS takes products a step further while using the launch around '07 Luxe line, that takes the brand's slip-on and lace-up silhouettes and redoes these questions mixture of, aptly, luxurious fabrics, including suedes, woven fabrics and Italian leather. The company surpasses to advertise the not necessarily luxe skate lifestyle too, producing podcasts and sponsoring a company. In addition, it provides skate footwear in toddler sizes - perfect for fixing the tastes of generation x.

Globe

The El Segundo, Calif.-based brand provides a full-type of footwear for males, additionally to kids, in addition to hoodies, T-shirts, jeans and accessories. It counts incorporated inside the team Canadian pro skater Chris Haslam who must be seeing result-oriented prominence this season: although details weren't forthcoming, it appears as though Haslam coupled with crazy street skating style will likely be featured on EA Games' 2007 nex-gen console release "Skate."

C1rca

Its roots were in snowboarding (via parent company Four Star Distribution), in 2004 Four Star offered off its non-skateboarding characteristics that's now totally centered on the skate market, even giving C1rca the motto, "Dedicated to Skateboarding." The San Clemente, Calif.-based brand offers apparel and footwear, including its three-style Combat Division line. It'll be launching C1rca Select at MAGIC, so keep tuned in.

Source: Stylephane.com, an e-commerce solutions company located in San Fran. Data represents how frequently the business name (or even the company together with word footwear, when the brand has multiple meanings) seems like a search phrase in primary Google in November 2006. what skateboard should i get
Last edited by tranthe on Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
tranthe

Re: Folders Deleted Accidentally - Help Needed

by chivracq on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:43 am

tranthe wrote:Hello,

I am using
Code: Select all
iMacros 7 on a PC running Windows Vista

I accidentally deleted a folder containing 30 of my most used Macros which adds up to weeks of hard work!

Here's what I did: From the sidebar I right-clicked to rename the folder and accidentally hit 'Remove'. Now my macros are nowhere to be found in my sidebar or in my source folders (\user\documents\imacros\macros) either!

Where are these macros now? I searched my hard drive and couldn't find anything but old shortcuts, and there is nothing in the recycle bin and nothing in iMacros.

Please help!

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
It is unclear from your FCI which Browser you use (and which Version if it's not iMB), all 4 Browsers (iMB / IE / FF / CR) have or actually had an "iMacros 7 Version" which for all 4 Browsers will be quite an old Version to be honest...

But OK, there is Hope, ah-ah...!!
But first of all, leave your PC as quiet as possible for the moment, strict minimum Browsing to find this Forum (and it might even be better if you could use another PC), no Downloading, no Torrents, no Software Installing, no Data Streaming, etc...! :!: :idea: :!:

I had a look using iMacros for FF (v8.8.2 + Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47) on Win10-x64), but I reckon the Procedure will be more or less the same for all Browsers / iMacros Versions and maybe more important the OS => Vista for you, and Win10-x64 for me.

If you click on 'Remove' in the iMacros Side-Panel for a specific Macro or a Folder, you then get for both some Popup asking you if you are sure you want to delete the Macro or the Folder. Reading the Popup (and clicking on 'Cancel') would have saved you quite some Trouble at this point, ah-ah...!! :roll: But OK, too late now...
Deleted Macros or a complete Folder (and all its Macros inside) indeed do not land in the Windows Recycle Bin. They really get deleted...!
(Same with 'FILEDELETE' as well, I reckon it comes from some JavaScript Limitation...)

From Windows itself and I guess it was already implemented in Vista, you have 2 things you can try already, but the 3rd Option is probably the best:
1- If you have Windows Backup enabled, it is possible to restore a previous Backup from some previous Restore Point. But hum, it's a bit cumbersome, look first at Options 2- and 3-, I would advise...

2- From Windows File Explorer, Right Click on '\user\documents\imacros\macros\' (+ maybe 1 extra Folder Layer) => 'Properties' => 'Previous Versions'.
=> See if your Macros (= '.iim' Files get listed there), you then have an Option to recover them.
If you only see a few and some are missing, then rather go directly to Option 3-.
In the Test I did, I didn't see any Files listed with this Procedure... But I simply created a Folder, added 2 Macros to it, and deleted it directly... I didn't really use or edit those Macros...

3- Use some File Recovery Tool...!
You have a good Article on 'Lifewire' for example about the Procedure and which Tool(s) is/are best to use.
=> I downloaded 'Recuva Portable v1.53' and in less than 5 min, I had recovered the deleted Macros...!
Rather choose the Portable Version, make sure to download it to a different Partition than your 'C:\' Partition on your PC or to a USB Stick, or from another PC.
Then unzip it and run 'Recuva.exe' or 'Recuva64.exe' from that Location (I used the x64 Version as I have Win10-x64, select the corresponding Version for your Vista OS, I would say...!).
I used the Wizard + "All Files" + "Specific Location" on '\user\documents\imacros\', there your Macros should reappear ah-ah...!, (only Files (=Macros) get listed/recovered, not Folders), and recover them to some Temp Folder you create again in the same Location where you run 'Recuva' from.
Before recreating your original deleted Folder and copying all Macros back to it, I would advise you first temporarily change the 'Macros Folder' in the iMacros Settings to the Temp Recovery Folder where you first check the Macros are OK to open/edit/run...

Well, good luck...! :wink:

And good Practice is from time to time to make some Back-up of your complete iMacros Folder, with all your Macros + DataSources + Downloads, ah-ah...!! :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions