"install file support first" I already have

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

"install file support first" I already have

by alavarre on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:13 am

Hi. Thanks for the forum.

I just installed iMacros under Chromium under Linux KDE Mint 18 (Sarah). I installed file support tar to
/data/develop/macros/iMacros/imacros_fio
and ran ./install.sh as both root and user. The script correctly creates the .json file as
/etc/opt/chrome/native-messaging-hosts/com.iopus.imacros.fio.json
and
/home/andy/.config/google-chrome/NativeMessagingHosts/com.iopus.imacros.fio.json
respectively.

I then restart the Chromium browser and right-click the icon to open Options to specify a storage path, but the cited error raises.

How might I resolve this?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards, Andy
alavarre

Re: "install file support first" but I already have done so

by alavarre on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:36 am

Additionally, another issue:

I start a recording, it correctly records the keystrokes. I click the iMacros icon and it stops recording and raises a window. All good.

It asks for storage choices: Files or Bookmark. I choose Bookmark and give it a name, click Save.

But it does not appear in the Bookmark list.

Start-up noobie questions, but I still need an answer please...

TIA, Andy

============ UPDATE ============
Hmm. It appears you must have the Bookmark Bar open in order for the bookmarklet to be stored. We are now seeing the recorded bookmarklets there. ut still seeking answer on the file support issue.
alavarre

Return to General Support & Discussions