Filedelete not working in IMB V12

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Re: Filedelete not working in IMB V12

by chivracq on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:21 pm

azbob wrote:That was in V12.
I had work to do so I went back to V11.0.246.4051 where it had worked and wham Filedelete was throwing "absolute path error".

So i ended up:
1) Placing all .csv files in iMacros\downloads folder instead of iMacros\datasources
2) Using this code to Extract:
Code: Select all
FILEDELETE NAME=Address.csv
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=Address.csv

Then this for input files :
SET !DATASOURCE C:\Users\Public\Documents\iMacros\downloads\Address.csv

All is good now filedelete works and
After I finish my work, I will reload V12 and try the above and let you know.

Yep, very good, that was my first Suggestion in my first Reply... 8)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by azbob on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:58 pm

Finally got time to research and according to iMacros support:

1) Filedelete issue is not a V12 problem rather iMacros for Firefox problem. Filedelete no longer accepts absolute paths in iMacros for Firefox v9.0.3. So I went back to V12, Firefox 49 and iMacros for Firefox v8.9.7 (unchecked auto updates) and absolute paths works as expected.

2) Failed Extraction will return "null" on a non-existent frame in iMacros for FF v8.85 - v9.0.3 and on v8.8,2 it will return an empty string. So in my script to track/find an active frame # , I needed to check for null as well as #EANF#.
azbob

by chivracq on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:58 pm

azbob wrote:Finally got time to research and according to iMacros support:

1) Filedelete issue is not a V12 problem rather iMacros for Firefox problem. Filedelete no longer accepts absolute paths in iMacros for Firefox v9.0.3. So I went back to V12, Firefox 49 and iMacros for Firefox v8.9.7 (unchecked auto updates) and absolute paths works as expected.

Well, that's exactly what I told you in my first Reply, you only mentioned iMB v12.0 but no Version of iMacros for FF, I said the Behaviour you were describing and attributing to iMB v12.0 was the same like for iMacros for FF v9.0.3...
And I gave you the way(s) to work with it, but yep, '!FOLDER_DOWNLOAD' that I mentioned is only for iMB (from v11.0 or v11.5) and has never been implemented (yet) in iMacros for FF...

From your OP, you were using FF v55.0.3, there was no need to revert to FF49, the iMacros for FF v8.9.7 Add-on works on FF v55.0.3. (I run this FCI...)

azbob wrote:2) Failed Extraction will return "null" on a non-existent frame in iMacros for FF v8.85 - v9.0.3 and on v8.8,2 it will return an empty string. So in my script to track/find an active frame # , I needed to check for null as well as #EANF#.

No, that's not correct, or that's not the "real" Behaviour that I was able to test, at least until v8.9.7 for FF (I never bothered to install v9.0.3, too buggy and limited from the beginning, never got properly tested before it was released in a hurry to cope with Multi-Process in FF), 'FRAME' doesn't play a Role at all, a Failed 'EXTRACT' (= Not found) always returns "#EANF#" (with '!ERRORIGNORE' activated or not), and in a Frame or not and if the Frame is present or not... (Well, you need '!ERRORIGNORE' anyway to bypass a non-existent Frame...)

I tested today (again) before replying to this Thread, on the following 2 FCI's:
- iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10-x64.
- iMacros for FF v8.9.7, FF v55.0.3, Win10-x64.

Same Results for both... Always "#EANF#" for a Failed 'EXTRACT', I never got a "NULL" or 'Empty String'.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Previous

Return to General Support & Discussions