retrieved several elements in the same tag

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

retrieved several elements in the same tag

by pecnet on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:40 am

Hello,

I would like to retrieve the contents of each

itemprop = "title"

in this code

Code: Select all
<nav class="breadcrumb">

<div itemscope="" itemtype="//data-vocabulary.org/Breadcrumb" class="breadcrumb-cont">
                <a href="https://www.example.com/" class="breadcrumb-link" itemprop="url"><span itemprop="title" style="outline: 1px solid blue;">Home</span></a>
            </div>

<div itemscope="" itemtype="//data-vocabulary.org/Breadcrumb" class="breadcrumb-cont">
                <a href="https://www.example.com/cat-1.html" class="breadcrumb-link" itemprop="url"><span itemprop="title">Category 1</span></a>
            </div>

<a href="https://www.example.com/cat-2.html" class="breadcrumb-link" itemprop="url"><span itemprop="title">Category 2</span></a>
            </div>

<div itemscope="" itemtype="//data-vocabulary.org/Breadcrumb" class="breadcrumb-cont breadcrumb-cont--active">
                <a href="https://www.example.com/cat-1.html" class="breadcrumb-link" itemprop="url"><span itemprop="title">Category 3</span></a>
            </div>

</nav>

but I can not,
I just get the first

-> Home

I would like to recover

Home, Category 1, Category 2, Category 3

I try its 2 lines but it does not work

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:breadcrumb-link EXTRACT=TXT
'TAG POS={{!LOOP}} TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ITEMPROP:title EXTRACT=TXT

an idea?

Thank you
Firefox 55.0.3 (64 bits)
imacros 8.9.7
on mac El Capitan os
(update: 19/09/17)
pecnet

Re: retrieved several elements in the same tag

by pecnet on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:49 am

If I do this, it works
but the worry I do not know in advance the number of times there are its elements and so I have to find a formula for 3 or 5 or 10 categories ...

like that, it works

TAG POS=2 TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:breadcrumb-link EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=3 TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:breadcrumb-link EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=4 TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:breadcrumb-link EXTRACT=TXT

but I also tried it like this
but without success

TAG POS=R1 TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:breadcrumb-link EXTRACT=TXT

TAG POS={{!LOOP}} TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:breadcrumb-link EXTRACT=TXT

TAG POS={{!LOOP}} TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ITEMPROP:title EXTRACT=TXT:*
Firefox 55.0.3 (64 bits)
imacros 8.9.7
on mac El Capitan os
pecnet

by chivracq on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:47 pm

pecnet wrote:Hello,

I would like to retrieve the contents of each

itemprop = "title"

in this code

<nav class="breadcrumb">

<a href="https://www.example.com/" class="breadcrumb-link" itemprop="url"><span itemprop="title" style="outline: 1px solid blue;">Home</span></a>
            </div>

<a href="https://www.example.com/cat-1.html" class="breadcrumb-link" itemprop="url"><span itemprop="title">Category 1</span></a>
            </div>

<a href="https://www.example.com/cat-2.html" class="breadcrumb-link" itemprop="url"><span itemprop="title">Category 2</span></a>
            </div>

<div itemscope="" itemtype="//data-vocabulary.org/Breadcrumb" class="breadcrumb-cont breadcrumb-cont--active">
                <a href="https://www.example.com/cat-1.html" class="breadcrumb-link" itemprop="url"><span itemprop="title">Category 3</span></a>
            </div>

</nav>

but I can not,
I just get the first

-> Home

I would like to recover

Home, Category 1, Category 2, Category 3

I try its 2 lines but it does not work

'TAG POS={{!LOOP}} TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ITEMPROP:title EXTRACT=TXT

an idea?

Thank you

:roll:

pecnet wrote:If I do this, it works
but the worry I do not know in advance the number of times there are its elements and so I have to find a formula for 3 or 5 or 10 categories ...

like that, it works
TAG POS=2 TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:breadcrumb-link EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=3 TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:breadcrumb-link EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=4 TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:breadcrumb-link EXTRACT=TXT

but I also tried it like this
but without success

TAG POS=R1 TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:breadcrumb-link EXTRACT=TXT

TAG POS={{!LOOP}} TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:breadcrumb-link EXTRACT=TXT

TAG POS={{!LOOP}} TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ITEMPROP:title EXTRACT=TXT:*

8)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by pecnet on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Hello, you did not understand?
missing info?

Il use Firefox 55.0.3 (64 bits)
imacros 9.0.3
on mac El Capitan os

I also tried the code fragma I put in the second post
But it does not work

thanks
Firefox 55.0.3 (64 bits)
imacros 8.9.7
on mac El Capitan os
pecnet

by chivracq on Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:48 am

pecnet wrote:Hello, you did not understand?
missing info?

Il use
Firefox 55.0.3 (64 bits)
imacros 9.0.3
on mac El Capitan os

I also tried the code fragma I put in the second post
But it does not work

thanks

Okay...!, we finally have your FCI...! :D
Sorry, but I'm tired of asking you each time you open a Thread to mention your FCI, I already told you 2 years ago I wouldn't react to your Threads anymore otherwise... Hum, even if I still reacted to 2 other Threads of yours earlier this year, a few months ago, even if for one you you didn't completely comply, and never finished that Thread either (about 'PRINT'/'ONPRINT') with a Solution..., but OK, never mind... :roll:

So, OK..., FCI mentioned, I can read your Thread now...!
Hum..., it looks like I was right in one of your previous Threads a few months ago as I reckon this new/current Thread is about the same Site, when I said:
by chivracq on 18 May 2017, 16:35 wrote:But if this 'Home' Button is for the Global Navigation on the Site, it is no Standard Practice to use a Table for the HTML Structure of a Site/Page for its Navigation, rather 'DIV' and 'SPAN' Elements, so your Site looks a bit "strange" to me, and there is always a "Risk" that the Site Admin will "modernize" it one day, and you'll have to "rethink" your Script...

They've now indeed "moved" to 'DIV' and 'SPAN' Elements for your Menu..., hum encapsulated into some 'NAV' Element, never seen that one before I think...!? :oops: Does it come from some JavaScript Popup Menu on MouseOver...?

But..., pfff...!, can't you post the URL of that Site for me to have a look directly?, or is your Site "so secret"...!? It's always very difficult to try to help sbd without being able to see the whole HTML Structure of the Site/Page, and to be able to "play" with the Page myself... :?: :idea:

But yep, I would expect all your Attempts to work indeed, on 'A' or 'SPAN' Type and with the 'CLASS' Attribute, and even the one with Relative Positioning... But I don't know this 'NAV' Element, maybe it behaves like 'DIV' for Relative Positioning where, like I had already mentioned in one of your previous Threads, you first need to get out of the 'DIV' for iMacros to be able to "see" inside again with (Double) Relative Positioning... :?
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by pecnet on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:18 am

Hello,

First of all I'm sorry for the old open topic about the print, I think it was closed because I had tried another solution other than imacros.

Here I speak of another site

here is the link: mypage
image zone -> http://d.pr/i/qry4hi
for configuration i am sorry i always forget

I have to go from the google translate to the forum
because I do not speak English here is the reason for forgetting etc ..

But you have good memory!

I do not know if you need anything else?

Thank you
Firefox 55.0.3 (64 bits)
imacros 8.9.7
on mac El Capitan os
pecnet

by chivracq on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:49 am

pecnet wrote:Hello,

First of all I'm sorry for the old open topic about the print, I think it was closed because I had tried another solution other than imacros.

Here I speak of another site

here is the link: mypage
image zone -> http://d.pr/i/qry4hi
for configuration i am sorry i always forget

I have to go from the google translate to the forum
because I do not speak English here is the reason for forgetting etc ..

But you have good memory!

I do not know if you need anything else?

Thank you

OK, you could have mentioned for the "other" Thread which way/Solution you chose, even if it doesn't involve iMacros, that can always help some other Users with a similar Case/Qt/Scenario...

Well "good memory", ah-ah...!, I simply checked your previous Threads...

But OK, I now have the URL for this Site, perfect...!
Hum-hum, pfff..., very "messy" Site, lots and lots of JavaScript, who wants to share a Vacuum Cleaner on FB/Twitter/etc..., ah-ah...!? :?

But OK, I was able to have a look, many-many of those 'NAV' Menu-Objects indeed, the easiest Solution I would go for is the following one:
VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=1
'URL GOTO=https://www.bigbuy.eu/fr/aspirateur-balai-et-manuel-cyclonique-x6-multi-functional-vacuum-pro-0-4-l-76-db-600w-noir-vert-cours-a.html
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=NAV ATTR=TXT:Accueil<SP>Maison<SP>|<SP>Jardin<SP>Nettoyage,<SP>Aspirateur* EXTRACT=HTM
TAG POS=1 TYPE=NAV ATTR=TXT:Accueil<SP>* EXTRACT=HTM

'SET Cat_1 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var x,y,z; x=s.split('itemprop=\"title\">'); y=x[1].split('<'); z=y[0]; z;")
'SET Cat_2 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var x,y,z; x=s.split('itemprop=\"title\">'); y=x[2].split('<'); z=y[0]; z;")

SET MyLoop 0

'Cat_1:
ADD MyLoop 1
SET Cat_1 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var n='{{MyLoop}}'; var x,y,z; x=s.split('itemprop=\"title\">'); y=x[n].split('<'); z=y[0]; z;")
'>
'Cat_2:
ADD MyLoop 1
SET Cat_2 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var n='{{MyLoop}}'; var x,y,z; x=s.split('itemprop=\"title\">'); y=x[n].split('<'); z=y[0]; z;")
'>
'Cat_3:
ADD MyLoop 1
SET Cat_3 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var n='{{MyLoop}}'; var x,y,z; x=s.split('itemprop=\"title\">'); y=x[n].split('<'); z=y[0]; z;")
'>
'Cat_4:
ADD MyLoop 1
SET Cat_4 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var n='{{MyLoop}}'; var x,y,z; x=s.split('itemprop=\"title\">'); y=x[n].split('<'); z=y[0]; z;")

PROMPT {{!EXTRACT}}<BR><BR>Cat_1:<SP>_{{Cat_1}}_<BR>Cat_2:<SP>_{{Cat_2}}_<BR>Cat_3:<SP>_{{Cat_3}}_<BR>Cat_4:<SP>_{{Cat_4}}_

=> ... which will return the following Data for 'Cat_[1,4]' in the 'PROMPT':
Cat_1: _Accueil_
Cat_2: _Maison | Jardin_
Cat_3: _Nettoyage, Aspirateur et Repassage_
Cat_4: _Aspirateurs et robots_
(Tested on iMacross for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10-x64.)

And if you prefer to loop the Script, you simply keep one 'Cat_n' Block and you replace the hard-coded "ADD MyLoop 1" that is being used for the 'x[n]' for the first 'split()' in the 'EVAL()' with "ADD MyLoop {{!LOOP}}"...
chivracq

by pecnet on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:54 am

Thanks for your reply and help.

It is noted for the future I would do my best

Your code works very well under mac os also.

However I would like it in this format ->

Accueil - Maison | Jardin - Nettoyage, Aspirateur et Repassage - Aspirateurs et robots

and adds it in my .csv file in a single column

I have a can tried but I have not arrived

I do not know if you can help me or not?

here is my imacros code

VERSION BUILD=8940826 RECORDER=FX
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 20
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
TAB T=1

SET !DATASOURCE /Users/mymac/Desktop/link.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 1
SET !LOOP 1
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}

URL GOTO={{!COL1}}

SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ITEMPROP:name EXTRACT=TXT

ADD !EXTRACT {{!COL1}}

SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=+_{{!NOW:yyyymmdd}}

Good night
Firefox 55.0.3 (64 bits)
imacros 8.9.7
on mac El Capitan os
pecnet

by chivracq on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:34 am

pecnet wrote:Thanks for your reply and help.

It is noted for the future I would do my best

Your code works very well under mac os also.

However I would like it in this format ->
Accueil - Maison | Jardin - Nettoyage, Aspirateur et Repassage - Aspirateurs et robots

and adds it in my .csv file in a single column

I have a can tried but I have not arrived

I do not know if you can help me or not?

here is my imacros code

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 20
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
TAB T=1

SET !LOOP 1

URL GOTO={{!COL1}}

SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}

ADD !EXTRACT {{!COL1}}

SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=+_{{!NOW:yyyymmdd}}

Good night

OK, then if I understand correctly what you want, and it's not very difficult, you want your "final" '.CSV' with the original URL in Col_1, the Product Name in Col_2 and the Navig_Path in Col_3 in your desired Format..., which should give stg like this...:
(Hum, "stg" = "something", not sure Google Translate will understand Abbreviations correctly, ah-ah...)
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 20
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
TAB T=1

'URL GOTO=https://www.bigbuy.eu/fr/aspirateur-balai-et-manuel-cyclonique-x6-multi-functional-vacuum-pro-0-4-l-76-db-600w-noir-vert-cours-a.html

SET !LOOP 1

SET URL_Product {{!COL1}}
URL GOTO={{URL_Product}}

'Extract Product Title:
'****************************
SET !EXTRACT NULL
SET Product_Title {{!EXTRACT}}

'Extract Navigation Path:
'********************************
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=NAV ATTR=TXT:Accueil<SP>Maison<SP>|<SP>Jardin<SP>Nettoyage,<SP>Aspirateur* EXTRACT=HTM
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG POS=1 TYPE=NAV ATTR=TXT:Accueil<SP>* EXTRACT=HTM

SET MyLoop 0

'Cat_1:
ADD MyLoop 1
SET Cat_1 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var n='{{MyLoop}}'; var x,y,z; x=s.split('itemprop=\"title\">'); y=x[n].split('<'); z=y[0]; z;")
'>
'Cat_2:
ADD MyLoop 1
SET Cat_2 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var n='{{MyLoop}}'; var x,y,z; x=s.split('itemprop=\"title\">'); y=x[n].split('<'); z=y[0]; z;")
'>
'Cat_3:
ADD MyLoop 1
SET Cat_3 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var n='{{MyLoop}}'; var x,y,z; x=s.split('itemprop=\"title\">'); y=x[n].split('<'); z=y[0]; z;")
'>
'Cat_4:
ADD MyLoop 1
SET Cat_4 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var n='{{MyLoop}}'; var x,y,z; x=s.split('itemprop=\"title\">'); y=x[n].split('<'); z=y[0]; z;")
'>
SET Navig_Path {{Cat_1}}<SP>-<SP>{{Cat_2}}<SP>-<SP>{{Cat_3}}<SP>-<SP>{{Cat_4}}

'DEBUG:
'PROMPT {{!EXTRACT}}<BR><BR>Cat_1:<SP>_{{Cat_1}}_<BR>Cat_2:<SP>_{{Cat_2}}_<BR>Cat_3:<SP>_{{Cat_3}}_<BR>Cat_4:<SP>_{{Cat_4}}_<BR><BR>Navig_Path:<BR>_{{Navig_Path}}_

'Reconstruct '!EXTRACT' for the 'SAVEAS':
'****************************************************
SET !EXTRACT {{URL_Product}}
ADD !EXTRACT {{Product_Title}}
ADD !EXTRACT {{Navig_Path}}

SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=BigBuy_Products_{{!NOW:yyyymmdd}}
(Not tested...)
chivracq

by pecnet on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:45 am

It's awesome!

it works like a clock

thank you, thank you very much
Firefox 55.0.3 (64 bits)
imacros 8.9.7
on mac El Capitan os
pecnet

by chivracq on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:04 am

pecnet wrote:It's awesome!

it works like a clock

thank you, thank you very much

OK, that was quick, ah-ah...! :D

OK, I hope you'll understand the few "simple" Principles I used in your Script...

It takes for granted that a 'Navig_Path' always contains 4 Categories, and the first one always being "Accueil" because of the maybe 20 different 'NAV' Elements on this Site for 20 different Menus... You might need to adapt the Script a little bit if some Navig_Paths do not start with "Accueil" or if they contain 3 or 5 Categories instead of the 4 the Script is expecting... Well, it should still work for only 3 Categories, but you will probably get some "__undefined__" for the 4th one, but if some Products can have 5 (or more) Categories in their Navig_Path, you would need to add an extra 'Cat_5' Block to handle it of course..., but the Principle is fairly easy I guess...

You may notice that I added some 'URL_Product' Var to retrieve and use the URL from your Col_1 in your DataSource, instead of using directly '{{!COL1}}' for the 'URL GOTO' like you were (correctly) doing, it's because the URL is reused later in the Script to reconstruct the Content of '!EXTRACT' for the 'SAVEAS', to avoid your Script from having to fetch a 2nd time the same URL from the DataSource while iMacros had already done the "Job" already...
And giving a Descriptive Name to your Vars is good Practice anyway, rather than using '!VARn' or '!COLn', especially if you need to ask sbd (=somebody) else to review/understand your Code/Script...
chivracq

by pecnet on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:12 pm

Hello
when we see the code we say it's simple :-)
I will adapt it for other segment of the site we will see :-)

Yes, that's why I wanted to know if we can do that dynamically on certain categories, on the other side,
but if it says undefined or if I have to adapt it is not a problem.

I will try again with the tag and image
it must be me same principle

thank you and wish a good day
Firefox 55.0.3 (64 bits)
imacros 8.9.7
on mac El Capitan os
pecnet

by chivracq on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:13 am

pecnet wrote:Hello
when we see the code we say it's simple :-)
I will adapt it for other segment of the site we will see :-)

Yes, that's why I wanted to know if we can do that dynamically on certain categories, on the other side,
but if it says undefined or if I have to adapt it is not a problem.

I will try again with the tag and image
it must be me same principle

thank you and wish a good day

OK... 8)
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions