scrape a list of name from excel into google and dwn results

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

scrape a list of name from excel into google and dwn results

by roberto_rossi on Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi,

I have a list of name in excel and I need to paste it one by one into google.
Once the name is pasted in google than I have a tool that adds information related to traffic and additional info that allows also the download of the first 100 google results in csv format.
I need to scrape more that 4000 name so i need a macro that from excel paste one by one the name downloading each results.

The browser is Firefox.

Do you have something that can help this automatism?
Thanks,
Roberto :D
roberto_rossi

Re: scrape a list of name from excel into google and dwn res

by chivracq on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:39 pm

roberto_rossi wrote:Hi,

I have a list of name in excel and I need to paste it one by one into google.
Once the name is pasted in google than I have a tool that adds information related to traffic and additional info that allows also the download of the first 100 google results in csv format.
I need to scrape more that 4000 name so i need a macro that from excel paste one by one the name downloading each results.

The browser is Firefox.

Do you have something that can help this automatism?
Thanks,
Roberto :D

Hum, your Post is a bit "cryptic" I would say... :?

If your "Tool" can already "add Info" and "allow Download", then I'm not completely sure why you need iMacros...? :?

But to answer your Qt's, "... so i need a macro..." + "Do you have something that can help this automatism?"..., well, the Answer is simple: Yep, use iMacros, ah-ah...!
Are you asking if it's doable in iMacros...? => Yep it is...! (And I think you already knew, otherwise you wouldn't have found this Forum...) What is the Pb otherwise...? But have you at least tried to install iMacros...?, as you don't even mention your FCI...!? :?

["Qt" = Question, "Pb" = Problem, "CIM/FCIM/FCI" => Read my Sig...]
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions