iMacros KEY reference?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

iMacros KEY reference?

by joelb on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 am

Where can I find a will list (reference) of the KEYs that can be pressed by iMacros?
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR=* KEY=33

33 pgup
34 pgdown
37 left arrow
13 enter
...etc.
Instead of googling 101 keys from my keyboard someone please tell me where can I find the whole list?
Actually, I am just interested in the ESCAPE, but it would be nice to have the whole list.
Thank you!
joelb

Re: iMacros KEY reference?

by chivracq on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:47 am

joelb wrote:Where can I find a will list (reference) of the KEYs that can be pressed by iMacros?
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR=* KEY=33

33 pgup
34 pgdown
37 left arrow
13 enter
...etc.
Instead of googling 101 keys from my keyboard someone please tell me where can I find the whole list?
Actually, I am just interested in the ESCAPE, but it would be nice to have the whole list.
Thank you!

Euh yep, I use this Site..., but a quick Search on Internet yielded quite a few similar Sites as well...
The List is not complete, and some Keys can change from one Keyboard to another one, depending on OS as well, but I then simply use the Test Input Field on that Site or in any Input Field using the 'EVENT' Mode to record the correct Keycode... (A few F[1-12] Function Keys do not get recorded or do not work in Replay with iMacros...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by sqlcode on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:46 am

I am sorry but jumping on to this threads. Is there anyway to "play" Function Keys (F1-F12)?
sqlcode

by chivracq on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:57 am

sqlcode wrote:I am sorry but jumping on to this threads. Is there anyway to "play" Function Keys (F1-F12)?

No need to be sorry, ah-ah...! :wink:

=> Yep, simply use the Keycodes from the Site I mentioned, in the Range [112-123], using the 'EVENT' Mode, that's it...! 8)
(Several Threads on the Forum already about it...)

F5 for example always works (= Refresh = 'REFRESH')...:
Code: Select all
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR=* KEY=116
(Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10_x64.)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by sqlcode on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:33 am

Thank you for the response and I apologize for not providing this information earlier but i am on IE 11, iMacro Enterprise V 11.5 using Win 7 64 bit Enterprise.

when I tried your method, i am getting below error message on IE. Is it true that EVENT TYPE for function keys only work on FF?

Error -1500: Keyboard events with non-printable KEYS are not yet supported. Line 6: EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR=* KEY=117

EDIT :- Here is what's on iMacro wiki regarding EVENT.

Remarks
Keyboard events using KEY are only supported in iMacros for Firefox
sqlcode

by chivracq on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:57 pm

sqlcode wrote:Thank you for the response and I apologize for not providing this information earlier but i am on
Code: Select all
IE 11, iMacro Enterprise V 11.5 using Win 7 64 bit Enterprise.

when I tried your method, i am getting below error message on IE. Is it true that EVENT TYPE for function keys only work on FF?

Error -1500: Keyboard events with non-printable KEYS are not yet supported. Line 6: EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR=* KEY=117

EDIT :- Here is what's on iMacro wiki regarding EVENT.

Remarks
Keyboard events using KEY are only supported in iMacros for Firefox

Oh...!, yep indeed..., I didn't know about this Limitation, the Wiki Page for the 'EVENT' Mode/Command finally got "extended" a lot fairly recently only and I had only had a quick Read at it when I noticed the Update and "decided" that I already knew everything what was documented, ah-ah...!, hum, and they've even included a Link at the bottom to "my" "EVENT Thread", ah-ah...!...
But OK, as I always only use iMacros for FF indeed, (v8.8.2 for my "Prod" Env., and v8.9.7 for the Forum), for which the 'KEY' Parameter is obviously supported, ah-ah...!, even if, like I already mentioned, even on FF, not all F[n] Keys are "supported", 'Atl^F4' for example doesn't work I think, but there are maybe 10 or 12 F[n] + Shift/Ctrl/Alt Combinations that do nothing as well...

OK, a bit surprising that the 'KEY' Param is not supported on iMB v11.5 or IE, I would have thought the Programmer more or less "only" had to do some "fairly easy" Copy&Paste from the iMacros for FF Code when they implemented the 'EVENT' Mode in iMB v11.5 and later in iMacros for CR v8.4.4 as well... I guess they implemented the 'CHAR' Param for 'KEYPRESS' on a Friday afternoon just before the WE and they forgot about the 'KEY' Param on the Monday after the WE, oops...! :shock:

Hum..., being on iMB v11.5, you can have a look at the 'DS' Mode then, for which the 'KEY' Param is supported..., but hum, it doesn't look too promising I'm afraid, only a very limited Set a preset Keys is supported... :oops:

:arrow: Then I think your only possible Solution would be to implement yourself the Call to your specific Key using the 'URL GOTO=javascript' Syntax in a similar way like explained in the following Thread for Mouse Moves...: :idea:
- Workaround for lack of DS mouse commands
I never tried myself to do any "Experimenting" with this Workaround as the Thread was from before I joined the Forum (in 2013), and the 'EVENT' Mode was already implemented then (I was using iMacros for FF v8.24/v8.30/v8.40 at that time), so I never had the "Need"..., and the 'EVENT' Mode was already more powerful than this Workaround... (But @davidpoor, the Owner of that Thread was a very talented and very Advanced iMacros User at that time, he left a whole "Legacy" of many useful Threads with creative Solutions and Workarounds, pity we don't see him anymore on the Forum, ah-ah...! :( )

But hum, as the 'KEY' Param is not supported on iMB v11.5 (hum..., did you check about iMB v12.0...?), you might get "motivated" to do some "Digging" with this Workaround then..., ah-ah...! Post your Results/Script if you go along that path... :idea:
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions