Help, Macro to enter text Double Quote

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Help, Macro to enter text Double Quote

by icemanmelb on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:51 am

Hi all,
Im new to iMacros and just recorded my first Macro! Yeah. However, what Im trying to do is to record this:

iMacros Question 1.jpg
What I would like iMacro to record
iMacros Question 1.jpg (10.83 KIB) Viewed 146 times

so Im enter text with "double quotes".

However, during the play back of the Macro, the double quotes are gone!

Ive played around with the script and the best I can do is to add 'single quote'

iMacros Question 2.jpg
Best I could figure out

Is it possbile for iMacro to add "Double Quotes" in the text?

I've done a forum search and none of the answers seems to relate to what Im doing.
Ive also check the iMacro for Chrome for answers without success.
I've also got a windows 10 Surface Pro I can test and have without success.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Paul

My specs are:
Mac OS X 10.12
Latest build of iMacros
Chrome Version 63.0.3239.84 64 bit
icemanmelb

Re: Help, Macro to enter text Double Quote

by chivracq on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:00 am

icemanmelb wrote:Hi all,
Im new to iMacros and just recorded my first Macro! Yeah. However, what Im trying to do is to record this:

iMacros Question 1.jpg

so Im enter text with "double quotes".

However, during the play back of the Macro, the double quotes are gone!

Ive played around with the script and the best I can do is to add 'single quote'

iMacros Question 2.jpg

Is it possbile for iMacro to add "Double Quotes" in the text?

I've done a forum search and none of the answers seems to relate to what Im doing.
Ive also check the iMacro for Chrome for answers without success.
I've also got a windows 10 Surface Pro I can test and have without success.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Paul

My specs are:
Code: Select all
Mac OS X 10.12
Latest build of iMacros

icemanmelb wrote:My specs are:
Mac OS X 10.12
Latest build of iMacros

FCIM...! :mrgreen:
=> Sorry but "Latest" doesn't mean much and won't mean anything anymore to sbd reading the Thread in a few weeks/months/years...
=> FCI: iMacros for CR v10.0...?/v8.4.4...?, CR63_x64, MacOS-X 10.12.

Script in a Screenshot is not very practical, I can't even read it as it is too small, and I'm not going to retype it if I want to do any Testing with it..., but OK..., it seems to work directly by escaping the Double Quotes from some quick Test...:
VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=http://forum.imacros.net/posting.php?mode=reply&f=2&t=28249
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ID:postform ATTR=ID:message CONTENT="\"Stg with Double Quotes...!\""
(Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10_x64.)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by icemanmelb on Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:00 pm

chivracq wrote:FCIM...! :mrgreen:
=> Sorry but "Latest" doesn't mean much and won't mean anything anymore to sbd reading the Thread in a few weeks/months/years...

Script in a Screenshot is not very practical, I can't even read it as it is too small, and I'm not going to retype it if I want to do any Testing with it..., but OK..., it seems to work directly by escaping the Double Quotes from some quick Test...:
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ID:postform ATTR=ID:message CONTENT="\"Stg with Double Quotes...!\""

Thank you for the example Chivracq! Its works so I have to add "\" Sentence Example \"" at the end!!

Thank you again. I spend over 1hr on this issue!

Sorry for this missing iMacro version. I assume thats all i need for FCIM. Will make a note of that in the future. Thanks to this community, it's very helpful and I don't want to get out of line on my first post.

Mac OS X 10.12
VERSION BUILD=1001 RECORDER=CR
icemanmelb

by fabin on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:20 am

Hi, I have nearly the same problem but a little diferent. I´m not able to add double-qoute to an extracted value. Please let see example:

'Oblíbené - kryptoměna 1
TAG POS=22 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:_win_bind* EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 "\"{{!EXTRACT}}\""
SET !EXTRACT {{!VAR1}}
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=bitData13.csv

I need the saved value to be in double-qutes on the left and right side. Do you know how to do that?

Best regard,
Fabin

icemanmelb wrote:
chivracq wrote:FCIM...! :mrgreen:

TAB T=1

Thank you for the example Chivracq! Its works so I have to add "\" Sentence Example \"" at the end!!

Thank you again. I spend over 1hr on this issue!

Sorry for this missing iMacro version. I assume thats all i need for FCIM. Will make a note of that in the future. Thanks to this community, it's very helpful and I don't want to get out of line on my first post.

Mac OS X 10.12
VERSION BUILD=1001 RECORDER=CR
fabin

by chivracq on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:55 am

fabin wrote:Hi, I have nearly the same problem but a little diferent. I´m not able to add double-qoute to an extracted value. Please let see example:

'Oblíbené - kryptoměna 1
SET !VAR1 "\"{{!EXTRACT}}\""
SET !EXTRACT {{!VAR1}}
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=bitData13.csv

I need the saved value to be in double-qutes on the left and right side. Do you know how to do that?

Best regard,
Fabin

CIM...! :mrgreen:

If using iMacros for FF, the 'SAVEAS' already automatically adds Double Quotes ...
But OK, I found a way to "do it" the way you want..., that I will post once you'll have mentioned your FCI... :wink:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by chivracq on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:19 pm

Hum, nearly 2 weeks later and no Follow-up..., I'm not too impressed, ah-ah....!, I guess mentioning 3 Versions about your Env. was too complicated, @fabin, OK, fair enough... I'll still post my Solution if that can help other Users, before I lose it from one of my Temp-Test-Macros, but I guess I probably won't try to help you another time... :roll:

TAB T=1

SET !EXTRACT "Some Content...!"

SET !VAR1 "\"\"\"{{!EXTRACT}}\"\"\""
SET !EXTRACT {{!VAR1}}

PROMPT {{!EXTRACT}}
(Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2 (+ v8.9.7), Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10_x64.)

I had another 2 Solutions using the 'ADD' Command but the one I just posted was the "easiest"...
I didn't test in combination with 'SAVEAS'..., 'PROMPT' removes one Level of Double Quotes, but I think 'SAVEAS' does the same, to re-add them again on FF, but you might need to adjust the Number of (Nested) Levels of escaped Double Quotes, and the Result might be different in different Browsers...

Hum, and for those interested, @Poster had opened a parallel Thread on SOF, with actually more Info than in this current Thread, and a few other "Things" they had tried, but I didn't include that "extra Info" in my Post as I noticed the Thread on SOF (the day) after I had already done my Testing, but I'll still quote it here:
- Escaped double-quotes and write it as plain text in IMACROS
(Still no Replies/Answers...)
I´m trying to escape double-quotes and connect them to text. If I use EXTRACT most extracted text have it and it is good. But in few text isn´t. How to escape it? I could you get example:

SET !VAR1 """
SET !EXTRACT {{!VAR1}}{{!EXTRACT}}{{!VAR1}}
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=saveData.csv

So what i need, if will be possible, that extracted value will be written like "extracted_value" (with double quotes from left and right side).

I don´t know how to escape " (double-quotes) and how to write as plain text (or char).
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions