Extracting TEXT from IMAGE/Flash

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Extracting TEXT from IMAGE/Flash

by Aditya93 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:11 pm

Hi

I wanted to know, can we extract the text from a image or flash.

Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=10022823
Windows 7 x64 (English)
iMacros Browser V10.0.2.2823
Included Demo macro works
Aditya93

Re: Extracting TEXT from IMAGE/Flash

by chivracq on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:43 am

Aditya93 wrote:Hi

I wanted to know, can we extract the text from a image or flash.

Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=10022823
Windows 7 x64 (English)
iMacros Browser V10.0.2.2823
Included Demo macro works

Woaw...!, nice to see that you finally spell "iMacros" correctly now directly, very good...! :D
The "Included Demo macro works" on the other hand is "grammatically" correct now but doesn't make much sense and you can better remove it from your FCI, like I've already told you... You use the Singular Form which raises Qt's about which specific Demo Macro you might be referring to and it doesn't add any useful Info... This Info (in the Plural Form about ALL Demo Macros) is only needed/useful if you are reporting a Bug or have some Installation Pb or some Script refuses to run at all...

>>>

OK, for extracting Text from an Image, you cannot do that "directly" from iMacros, you then need some OCR Software/Plugin/Add-on and that's a bit the Principle of Captcha.
In some "easy-lucky" Cases where for example single Letters or Digits are displayed on a Page with some straightforward "a.gif" / "b.gif" / etc, then you can deduct the "abc" Content from the 'HREF' but those Cases are getting more and more rare as Spammers indeed quickly figured out how to bypass this kind of "easy" Captcha.

For a limited Set of Images for Letters/Digits or recurring Text Images like for Buttons on a specific Site for example, you can build your own Local mini-Database of those Image Files for Reference and then use 'Image Recognition' in your Script from iMacros, as you are fortunately using iMB (v10), but that requires quite a bit of "Preparation" and then using 'EVAL()' for each Image to re-spit its Text Content.
For an even more limited Set and if the 'Image Recognition' Mechanism is not supported for some iMacros Version/Flavour, it's also possible to use/misuse Google Image Recognition, but that's even more cumbersome.

For Flash Content, I already answered that Qt in your first (or one of your first) Thread(s)..., that yep it's possible for some "basic"/"simple" Flash Objects getting that Text Content from the main HTML Page passed to the Flash Container as Vars, but that Method didn't work in your Case for your "complex" Flash Game.

From iMacros, only the 'DS' Mode is able to handle Flash Objects but it doesn't have any Extract Mechanism..., and I've never used iMB and the 'DS' Mode myself so I've never had a chance to try to find some "Creative" Workaround for that, ah-ah...!
Only the 'TAG' Mode has the 'EXTRACT' Mechanism, but it doesn't work at all on Flash Objects, or only for a simple/single Click on the Container.
The 'EVENT' Mode can extract Content as well with a few Tricks, but it does nothing either on Flash Objects.

I still believe there might/must be a way to dig into Flash Objects to access (some of) their Properties and inner Objects from outside the Flash Object but it requires decompiling those Flash Objects and digging into their "Guts" and I always expected Flash to disappear pretty quickly from Web-Sites and Internet, so I never invested the Time and Energy to go along that "Path", ah-ah...!
Oh...!, and I was always thinking/hoping a bit secretly that the 'DS' Mode would finally be added to iMacros for FF, ah-ah...! :oops:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions