Skipping Empty Cell

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Skipping Empty Cell

by Aditya93 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:36 pm

Hi

I wanted to know how can i skip the cell that are extracted having no value.
If there is value in the 1st cell, it keeps on taking that value only.

Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=10022823
Windows 7 x64 (English)
iMacros Browser V10.0.2.2823
Aditya93

Re: Skipping Empty Cell

by chivracq on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:16 am

Aditya93 wrote:Hi

I wanted to know how can i skip the cell that are extracted having no value.
If there is value in the 1st cell, it keeps on taking that value only.

Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=10022823
Windows 7 x64 (English)
iMacros Browser V10.0.2.2823

I don't understand your Qt/Pb..., not helped by some grammatical Mix of Singular + Plural (about "Cell(s)") in the same Sentence(s), exactly like you had previously in your "Included Demo Macro(s)..." Sentence that you've "luckily" finally removed from your FCI... :?

Not sure about which "Cell(s)" you are talking: 1- from a Table on a Web-Page...?, 2- from a '.CSV' DataSource...?, or 3- from the '.CSV' Result of a 'SAVEAS'...?
The Use of "extracted" applied to your Cell(s) seems to imply "1- from a Table on a Web-Page"... :?
=> Would be easier if you posted your Script and indicated clearly to which Line(s) you are referring to..., with some concrete Example... :idea:

And hum..., what have you tried...? Where do you get stuck...? :roll:

But I think either way will require checking the Content of that/those "Cell(s)" with 'EVAL()' to spit out the Result that you want to reuse. :idea:
Last edited by chivracq on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by Aditya93 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:42 pm

3rd option
3- from the '.CSV' Result of a 'SAVEAS'...?

just as a example if 2 rows get filled and my macro is running 5 times.
In 3rd,4th and 5th iteration it will take value of 2row only which it should not

and dynamic way to run the macro that no of times only as the no of rows in the sheet and no more
Aditya93

by chivracq on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:38 pm

Aditya93 wrote:3rd option
3- from the '.CSV' Result of a 'SAVEAS'...?

just as a example if 2 rows get filled and my macro is running 5 times.
In 3rd,4th and 5th iteration it will take value of 2row only which it should not

and dynamic way to run the macro that no of times only as the no of rows in the sheet and no more

Hum, OK, the '.CSV' Result of a 'SAVEAS' then...

But then I still don't understand your Pb... Every 'SAVEAS' in a Script creates one Row in the '.CSV' with as many Cells as you had 'EXTRACT' Commands before (containing the extracted Data or "#EANF#" if the Field to extract was not found).
And if you don't like all the "#EANF#"'s, you can always replace them with what you want, like an empty String for example using 'EVAL()'.

I can't help you if I don't understand what you want... , your Description is a bit too vague for me, and I still don't see any Script nor any concrete Example of what kind of Data you get exactly (and what Data exactly you would want instead)... :roll:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions