STOPWATCH function

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

STOPWATCH function

by nunomic on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:33 am

Hi all,
I'm trying to use STOPWATCH function for performance tests. But it seems the feature "Save stopwatch data to a file" is not available on iMacros for Chrome, right?
So I'm trying to use iMacros Browser V12 (trial version) but I cannot run it on my Chrome browser.... It is possible to play my bookmarks pointing to my Chrome browser? As you can see on attached picture I can only see the "Play" button. No more options are available... There is any way to play my "Current.imm" test on my opened Chrome browser instead of running on the app?
iMacrosBrowser.jpg

Thanks a lot!
Best Regards.
Last edited by nunomic on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
nunomic

Re: STOPWATCH function

by chivracq on Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:40 pm

nunomic wrote:Hi all,
I'm trying to use STOPWATCH function for performance tests. But it seems the feature "Save stopwatch data to a file" is not available on iMacros for Chrome, right?
So I'm trying to use iMacros Browser V12 (trial version) but I cannot run it on my Chrome browser.... It is possible to play my bookmars pointing to my Chrome browser? As you can see on attached picture I can only see the "Play" button. No more options are available... There is any way to play my "Current.imm" test on my opened Chrome browser instead of running on the app?
iMacrosBrowser.jpg

Thanks a lot!
Best Regards.

"But it seems the feature "Save stopwatch data to a file" is not available on iMacros for Chrome, right?"
=> Tja/hum...!, could be indeed..., depending on your FCI... :roll:
=> FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

"So I'm trying to use iMacros Browser V12 (trial version) but I cannot run it on my Chrome browser..."
=> Well, iMB is a Browser, CR is a Browser as well, then nope..., you cannot play a Browser inside a Browser, ah-ah...!
Hum, interesting Idea though... There were (maybe still are...?) Add-ons (at least on FF) with which you could emulate IE when IE was the "de facto" Standard Browser, could be nice to "see" a same Page opened in 2-3-4 different Browsers next to each others on a same Screen... (in one "main" Browser...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by nunomic on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:30 am

chivracq wrote:
nunomic wrote:Hi all,
So I'm trying to use iMacros Browser V12 (trial version) but I cannot run it on my Chrome browser.... It is possible to play my bookmars pointing to my Chrome browser? As you can see on attached picture I can only see the "Play" button. No more options are available... There is any way to play my "Current.imm" test on my opened Chrome browser instead of running on the app?
iMacrosBrowser.jpg

Thanks a lot!
Best Regards.

"But it seems the feature "Save stopwatch data to a file" is not available on iMacros for Chrome, right?"
=> Tja/hum...!, could be indeed..., depending on your FCI... :roll:
=> FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

"So I'm trying to use iMacros Browser V12 (trial version) but I cannot run it on my Chrome browser..."
=> Well, iMB is a Browser, CR is a Browser as well, then nope..., you cannot play a Browser inside a Browser, ah-ah...!
Hum, interesting Idea though... There were (maybe still are...?) Add-ons (at least on FF) with which you could emulate IE when IE was the "de facto" Standard Browser, could be nice to "see" a same Page opened in 2-3-4 different Browsers next to each others on a same Screen... (in one "main" Browser...)

Hi,
My problem is that I want to run my test cases (bookmarks) on my browser (Chrome).
I tried to use chrome extension (add on) but stopwatch function is not available on this free version...
So, I installed the trial version but this trial version doesn't allow to run my Test Cases on my Chrome browser, right?
Do you know if there is a Chrome add on that allows this behaviour?

FCIM:
Windows 7 Professional
Chrome: Version 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Add on: iMacros for Chrome 10.0.1
iMacros 30-Day Evaluation: iMacros Browser (x86) Version 12.0.501.6698

Thank You for your time.
Best Regards.
nunomic

by chivracq on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:59 am

nunomic wrote:Hi,
My problem is that I want to run my test cases (bookmarks) on my browser (Chrome).
I tried to use chrome extension (add on) but stopwatch function is not available on this free version...
So, I installed the trial version but this trial version doesn't allow to run my Test Cases on my Chrome browser, right?

FCIM:
Code: Select all
Windows 7 Professional

Thank You for your time.
Best Regards.

OK for your FCI..., and yep iMacros for CR v10.0.1 Free Add-on has no Support anymore for File I/O and all Commands which need File Access are therefore not supported anymore...

But hum, "Test Cases" sounds "professional" I would think and the License Agreement now states "You may not use Free Software for commercial or business use..." which means you would need anyway some Commercial Version, for which FIO is included...

The 'STOPWATCH' Command btw is still partially supported in the Free Add-on for CR, it's only saving all Measurements to a '.CSV' File that is disabled now, but you can still access them through the '!STOPWATCHTIME' Built-in Var.
It would still be possible to keep track of those Measurements yourself in your Script with some Temp Var (using your own Formatting) copied for example at the end of your Script to the OS Clipboard (to paste it manually into some '.TXT' File for example), or to input/paste it onto some GoogleDoc in a 2nd Tab in your Browser. A little bit cumbersome maybe, but doable, and maybe even quicker than the built-in Save to a local File...

>

About other CR Add-ons, I actually had a look yesterday at some similar Tool like iMacros, hum, more like 'Selenium IDE' than iMacros actually, "Katalon" mentioned by some other User on the Forum, with (Free!) Add-ons for FF and CR, I installed it on FF, and it looked quite powerful to me, to be honest... 8)
I didn't check if it supports a 'STOPWATCH' Functionality but the List of supported Commands is very long, so I guess it probably does...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by nunomic on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:23 am

chivracq wrote:
nunomic wrote:Hi,

FCIM:
Windows 7 Professional

Thank You for your time.
Best Regards.

OK for your FCI..., and yep iMacros for CR v10.0.1 Free Add-on has no Support anymore for File I/O and all Commands which need File Access are therefore not supported anymore...

But hum, "Test Cases" sounds "professional" I would think and the License Agreement now states "You may not use Free Software for commercial or business use..." which means you would need anyway some Commercial Version, for which FIO is included...

The 'STOPWATCH' Command btw is still partially supported in the Free Add-on for CR, it's only saving all Measurements to a '.CSV' File that is disabled now, but you can still access them through the '!STOPWATCHTIME' Built-in Var.
It would still be possible to keep track of those Measurements yourself in your Script with some Temp Var (using your own Formatting) copied for example at the end of your Script to the OS Clipboard (to paste it manually into some '.TXT' File for example), or to input/paste it onto some GoogleDoc in a 2nd Tab in your Browser. A little bit cumbersome maybe, but doable, and maybe even quicker than the built-in Save to a local File...

>

About other CR Add-ons, I actually had a look yesterday at some similar Tool like iMacros, hum, more like 'Selenium IDE' than iMacros actually, "Katalon" mentioned by some other User on the Forum, with (Free!) Add-ons for FF and CR, I installed it on FF, and it looked quite powerful to me, to be honest... 8)
I didn't check if it supports a 'STOPWATCH' Functionality but the List of supported Commands is very long, so I guess it probably does...

Hi again,
I'm testing several tools to check which is the best option :)
Sorry but I'm a newbie tool user... I didn't undestand your explanation...
Can you let me know how can I access this '!STOPWATCHTIME' Built-in Var?
For example, I have the following scenario:
---------------------------------------------
VERSION BUILD=1001 RECORDER=CR
STOPWATCH ID=LoadPage
URL GOTO=https://www.xpto.com
STOPWATCH ID=LoadPage

Which command I need to use to have the load time on my above example?

Thank you very much for your time!
Best Regards
nunomic

by chivracq on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:06 am

nunomic wrote:Hi again,
I'm testing several tools to check which is the best option :)
Sorry but I'm a newbie tool user... I didn't undestand your explanation...
Can you let me know how can I access this '!STOPWATCHTIME' Built-in Var?
For example, I have the following scenario:
STOPWATCH ID=LoadPage
STOPWATCH ID=LoadPage

Which command I need to use to have the load time on my above example?

Thank you very much for your time!
Best Regards

Well, if you found the 'STOPWATCH' Command, you should have found the '!STOPWATCHTIME' Command as well as all iMacros Commands are listed and documented in the Wiki (Command Reference). You even have a 'Demo-Stopwatch.iim' Demo-Macro with Examples...

But applied to your mini-Script, that would give for example...:
STOPWATCH ID=LoadPage
STOPWATCH ID=LoadPage

'Copy to Clipboard:
SET !CLIPBOARD {{!STOPWATCHTIME}}

'Display in 'PROMPT':
PROMPT STOPWATCH_LoadPage:<SP>{{!STOPWATCHTIME}}<BR><BR>(Was<SP>copied<SP>to<SP>Clipboard<SP>as<SP>well...!)
(Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10_x64.)
chivracq

by nunomic on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:21 am

Thanks for your support.
It's a nice tool, but the paid version cannot be used like that, right? (Running tests on my Chrome browser)

Best Regards
nunomic

by chivracq on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:46 am

nunomic wrote:Thanks for your support.
It's a nice tool, but the paid version cannot be used like that, right? (Running tests on my Chrome browser)

Best Regards

Hum, not sure what your mean by "like that"..., well the 'Personal Edition' Version for example (cheapest Version, $100 I think, +VAT) unlocks all Functionality that is disabled in the Free Add-on and you then get the "Full" Version of the Add-on for CR... (and for FF and IE as well that will probably soon follow the same path like on CR)...

And you don't mention anything the "nature" of your Tests, except the 'STOPWATCH' Command...
iMacros is for Web-Automation, all Click-Click-Click + Typing + Extracting + Download (+ hum, not sure if Upload is supported on CR btw) + etc if you had a look at the Command Reference, and yep you can use it for "Testing", depending a bit again on the "nature" of your Tests, but you'll need to "build" yourself in your Script(s) the "Testing" part and Metrics you intend to use to keep track of the Test Results...
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions