Stopping a loop within a macro

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderator: iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Stopping a loop within a macro

by msm365 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:18 am

I have read the wiki and the forums,and was wondering if anybody could assist

Basically, I would like certain parts of my overall macro to loop, but not the complete macro. As I understand it, the complete macro will loop. Is there not an end-loop type syntax.

i.e

The macro does something (once)

I then start the loop
... loop .. loop ....
finish loop

The macro then does something else (once)

As far as I can tell, the complete macro currently loops which is not what I want.

Any help here - and if I have to do the scripting type, how would I go about this?

Thanks
msm365

Re: Stopping a loop within a macro

by Tech Support on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:06 pm

Looping and if/then constructs can be done via the Scripting Interface: http://wiki.imacros.net/VBS_looping
Tech Support

Return to General Support & Discussions