Can't control Chrome from VB script

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Can't control Chrome from VB script

by minimen456 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:54 am

Hi, guys. Could you please help me out?
I'm using iMacros V9.00.2379. I can control iMacros Browser and Internet Explorer from MS Excel 2007 script. But I can't control Chrome. I have the latest Google Chrome 28.0.1500.95 and I have iMacros for Chrome 6.0.6 installed. But when I'm trying to run examples\Excel-VBA-Submit-and-Extract.xls (I have modified iimOpen("-cr") instead of iimOpen("-tray") in it). Chrome launched but then It just doing nothing. It's not navigating to any page.
minimen456

Re: Can't control Chrome from VB script

by Kichka, Tech Support on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi minimen456,

Could you please provide me with your macro/script in order to troubleshoot your issue?
Regards,
Kichka, iOpus Support
Kichka, Tech Support

by jljaleahy on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:00 pm

Hello,

I am having the same issue.

I have a script that runs the same macro in Firefox, Internet Explorer (had to use ie_ext for it to work) and Chrome. I can't get Chrome to work from the VBS script.

If I run the macro in Chrome manually, the macro completes.

I have tried using iimOpen and iimInit.

The only thing I haven't tried is iimOpen("-cr -runnner", etc, etc), because I am not sure how this works.

Thanks,

J
jljaleahy

by minimen456 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:12 pm

It actually example file that goes with the iMacros software but I attached it to this post. When I run this xls-file and hit "Submit Data to Web" button, it launches Chrome but then browser just doing nothing.
Attachments
Excel-VBA-Submit-and-Extract.zip
(16.05 KIB) Downloaded 225 times
minimen456

by jljaleahy on Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:42 pm

Hello,

This script doesn't work either...

Connect-to-Cr.vbs

Thanks,

J
jljaleahy

by jljaleahy on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:18 am

Hey,

I thought I would post this fix, since no one has attempted to reply to the issue.

If you have iMacros Version 9, there is a Google Chrome scripting patch, see:

http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Chrome

Scroll down the page to this:

Important note for iMacros Enterprise Edition users: The updated iMacros Chrome Scripting Interface requires iMacros V9.50 (not yet released) or this patch.
After downloading the patch, unzip and run "install.cmd" as administrator. It updates the Chrome connector to the latest version. This patch supports both, iMacros 8 and 9.

Also, very important... do not attempt to use iimDisplay() in your Chrome scripts, as this will fail in iMacros for Chrome.

Hope this helps someone save a lot of time and hair pulling out.

Sincerely,

J
jljaleahy

by marcwoolery on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:55 am

This sounds like you are using Enterprise version ?
My work around for was to use the SHELL command in VBA to call a .Bat file which easily launched the .iim by simply pointing to it. just 1 line of code.

This unfortuantely only launches Firefox ?? and I cannot understand how to Launch Chrome from either .BAT or VBA code with any success. Similar to your issue, but I am using the Trial version. All examples seem to avoid that whole issue.

Can you change the FF default ? where is that set ?
Can you launch iMacro in Chrome from .Bat file ? Seems like it should be a simple thing but I cannot seem to find example, only for FF and when I substitute Chrome "nothing happens". I have installed the File Manager tool for Chrome btw.

Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)
iMacro trial Version: 8.4.4 Chrome
Windows 7 pro
marcwoolery

by marcwoolery on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:34 am

Has any one (iOpus) found a solution for this ?
Does the Professional version allow this to work ? Do you have to have the iMacro browser ?

Thanks
marcwoolery

Return to iMacros for Chrome