Fix for iMacros for Chrome "Chrome 35" issue available

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Re: Fix for iMacros for Chrome "Chrome 35" issue available

by alavarre on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:46 pm

Hi, please add me to the list of people for whom it does not any longer work:

openSUSE 13.1 latest updates (64 bit version)
Chromium Version 35.0.1916.114 (270117):

+ Nuked Chromium, ./uninstall file access, deinstalled iMacros
+ Reinstalled latest Chromium, reinstalled iMacros, redownloaded, unzipped and ./install.sh file access module:
+ Start (click on icon): iMacros sidebar comes up but is pulsating/quivering from the bottom of the first window pane. Defaults to the bookmarks tab
+ Click the Files tab, read the warning to install file access. I already did, but it isn't seeing it.

Cheers, Andy
alavarre

by chivracq on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:12 pm

alavarre wrote:Hi, please add me to the list of people for whom it does not any longer work:

openSUSE 13.1 latest updates (64 bit version)
Chromium Version 35.0.1916.114 (270117):

+ Nuked Chromium, ./uninstall file access, deinstalled iMacros
+ Reinstalled latest Chromium, reinstalled iMacros, redownloaded, unzipped and ./install.sh file access module:
+ Start (click on icon): iMacros sidebar comes up but is pulsating/quivering from the bottom of the first window pane. Defaults to the bookmarks tab
+ Click the Files tab, read the warning to install file access. I already did, but it isn't seeing it.

Cheers, Andy

Euh..., you don't mention your iMacros Version...! :mrgreen:
Unless Chromium updated itself and followed the Chrome v35 BIG change which broke iMacros for CR, if you stick to v7.03, it should still work... (But don't update iMacros to v8.x...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by tammyohagan on Sun May 31, 2015 8:29 am

VERSION BUILD=8070701
Windows 7 Home Premium, English
Chrome version 43.0.2357.81 m
I installed the "fix" from the wiki page, "Add File Access".

Record is not recording. I have no problems recording in FF or iMacros browser. The record pane records the url (regardless what url I use) but thats it. It's not recording anything else. I read the Sticky not which tells about imacros now working with Chrome 35 (back several years ago), so does it "only" work with 35? If so, how can I downgrade my Chrome, mine keeps updating automatically?

Thank You,
Tammy
tammyohagan

by chivracq on Sun May 31, 2015 8:47 am

tammyohagan wrote:VERSION BUILD=8070701
Windows 7 Home Premium, English
Chrome version 43.0.2357.81 m
I installed the "fix" from the wiki page, "Add File Access".

Record is not recording. I have no problems recording in FF or iMacros browser. The record pane records the url (regardless what url I use) but thats it. It's not recording anything else. I read the Sticky not which tells about imacros now working with Chrome 35 (back several years ago), so does it "only" work with 35? If so, how can I downgrade my Chrome, mine keeps updating automatically?

Thank You,
Tammy

No-no-no, you shouldn't need to downgrade to CR35, iMacros for CR v8.x is meant for CR35+, meaning from CR35 and later..., but you are the first one to report using CR43, so it's possible that CR43 brings some big Changes with it that break iMacros for CR v8.0.7 just like CR35 broke completely iMacros for CR v7.0.3 and forced the iMacros Team to jump to v.8.x...

I don't have CR installed, only a CR forked Browser (Comodo Dragon v33) which still works with iMacros for CR v7.x, so I cannot test, you'll have to wait until sbd else using CR43 can confirm your Pb...

But, hum..., I think there was a new Beta Version on the iMacros for CR History Page, v8.20, since a few weeks, maybe you could try this Version of iMacros for CR... and see if it works with CR43... :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by tammyohagan on Sun May 31, 2015 8:55 am

Thank you for your prompt reply! I will try that and report my results.
tammyohagan

by chivracq on Sun May 31, 2015 11:21 am

tammyohagan wrote:Thank you for your prompt reply! I will try that and report my results.

OK, and check the Thread from time to time to see if sbd reports the same Pb or TechSupport can confirm...
chivracq

by tammyohagan on Sun May 31, 2015 5:52 pm

Worked on it all day... I finally gave up!

My solution:
(1) Uninstalled Chrome completely.

(2) Found and downloaded Chrome 34
https://kat.cr/google-chrome-34-0-1847- ... 75997.html (comments say its in Russian, but its not.. or if it is, it automatically adjusted itself to English)

(3) Found instructions on how to permanently disable any Chrome auto updates, for Chrome and extensions.
http://blog.doofix.com/how-to-stop-goog ... ic-update/ & http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1848 ... uto-update

(4) Disconnected from the internet (just so Chrome couldn't update while I was configuring stuff)

(5) Installed Chrome 34 & followed instructions on disabling auto updates.

(5.1) Fixed "Your Profile Can not be used because it is from a newer version of Google Chrome’ Error
(deleting old profile) http://techdows.com/2014/08/fix-your-pr ... error.html

(6) Found and manually installed 7.0.3 of macros from Chrome.
http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Chr ... on_Archive

Reconnected to internet..... NO updates!

Works PERFECTLY!

Thanks,
Tammy

EDITED: to add links & resources. Sorry I forgot to add them when I originally posted.
Last edited by tammyohagan on Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
tammyohagan

by chivracq on Sun May 31, 2015 9:14 pm

tammyohagan wrote:Worked on it all day... I finally gave up!

My solution:
(1) Uninstalled Chrome completely.
(2) Found and downloaded Chrome 34
(3) Found instructions on how to permanently disable any Chrome auto updates, for Chrome and extensions.
(4) Disconnected from the internet (just so Chrome couldn't update while I was configuring stuff)
(5) Installed Chrome 34 & followed instructions on disabling auto updates.
(6) Found and manually installed 7.0.3 of macros from Chrome.
Reconnected to internet..... NO updates!

Works PERFECTLY!

Thanks,
Tammy

Yep..., I'm nearly impressed (you could mention btw a Link to (3), GG-CR is a complete pain in the a$$ for that...), but an easier Solution for you would have been to follow my Path, meaning installing Comodo Dragon (v33) instead of CR, and I don't even use CR, only FF, well not plain FF again, Pale Moon which is the Comodo (x20) to pure FF... And you are lucky you managed to find/download iMacros for CR v7.0.3, you owe me a triple Hug (pfff, at least...!!!), it took me at least 6 months fighting with TechSupport to get it available for Download...! Grrrr...!!! But, OK, I'm happy you found it...! :D :D :D :D
chivracq

by tammyohagan on Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:10 am

HUGGGGS !

You are correct, where are my manners!

Again, Thanks for giving me some suggestions.. I was pulling my hair out.

I may try Comodo Dragon v33 sometime later this month.. Thanks!
tammyohagan

by chivracq on Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:03 pm

tammyohagan wrote:HUGGGGS !

You are correct, where are my manners!

Again, Thanks for giving me some suggestions.. I was pulling my hair out.

I may try Comodo Dragon v33 sometime later this month.. Thanks!

Current Version seems to be v36.1.1 but I haven't installed/tested it, so I don't know if it still works with iMacros for CR v7.0.3 or with v8.x.

I actually have v33.1 (which works with v7.0.3) which can still be downloaded from Filehippo... The Comodo Site is pretty bad itself, no Version at all is mentioned anywhere...
chivracq

by mash on Tue May 10, 2016 3:58 am

Hi I am on Linux 64 and can't get iMacros to work with the files.

I have downloaded imacros_fio.tar.gz
unzipped it to $HOME/iMacros/imacros_fio
chdir to
Code: Select all
 $HOME/iMacros/imacros_fio

run
./install.sh

Well it down't work.
After having a look at the source of install.sh I noticed that the json-file is copied to
$HOME/.config/google-chrome/NativeMessagingHosts

Well as a matter of fact my chromium is installed to
/home/hy/.config/chromium

And there are a lot of directories there.
Which would be the best choice to put the json file?
Thanks in Advance
mash

Previous

Return to iMacros for Chrome