iMacros for Chrome and ABP Erroring my Macros?

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

iMacros for Chrome and ABP Erroring my Macros?

by inck243 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:46 pm

I'm using chrome (8.4.4) and iMacros for chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit). OSX 10.11.2

I use Adblocker Pro and iMacros throws an error even when I use errorignore. The error says RuntimeError: Navigation error occurred while loading url (URL) details: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT, line: 2

I can disable ABP but I don't want to because the page has a lot of ads and it SLOWS down the macro so much since it waits for the ads to load, and the whole point of this macro is to be FAST and FIRST. I don't want any ads displayed on the page. how can I continue using ABP and blocking adds and imacros not throwing an error?
inck243

Re: iMacros for Chrome and ABP Erroring my Macros?

by chivracq on Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:03 pm

inck243 wrote:I'm using
Code: Select all
chrome (8.4.4) and iMacros for chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit). OSX 10.11.2

I use Adblocker Pro and iMacros throws an error even when I use errorignore. The error says RuntimeError: Navigation error occurred while loading url (URL) details: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT, line: 2

I can disable ABP but I don't want to because the page has a lot of ads and it SLOWS down the macro so much since it waits for the ads to load, and the whole point of this macro is to be FAST and FIRST. I don't want any ads displayed on the page. how can I continue using ABP and blocking adds and imacros not throwing an error?

Hum, I don't know your 'ABP' which is maybe specific for CR but I know ABP (AdBlock Plus) + ABE + uBlock on FF and for all 3 you can "tune" them with what exactly you want to filter and which HTML Elements / Scripts you want to block or allow (= whitelist)...

I don't know this RuntimeError, never seen before I think, it is maybe specific to v8.4.4 for CR... Have you tried using '!ERRORIGNORE', maybe combined with a short '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' if the Page still loads a bit correctly, as iMacros will probably wait for that Element/Script to get loaded...?
And hum, it is possible that the Error comes "deliberately" from the Site itself as they detect that you are using some AdBlocker, it's a bit of a "Cat & Mouse" Game on that domain, ah-ah...!
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Chrome