Export macros from Chrome to imacros vs10

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Export macros from Chrome to imacros vs10

by darkmilz on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:44 pm

We' have come into possession of a lot of Chrome imacros (saved as bookmarks) that we would like to import into our desktop application. Other than manually copying the code, pasting it into imacros vs10, and clicking on "save as", is there a simpler method to use all these macros in the Windows application? Thanks for your help!
darkmilz

Re: Export macros from Chrome to imacros vs10

by iimfun on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:06 am

It is theoretically possible. I don't know if my plan described below will be practically simpler than what you're doing.

So you have to:
1. Export bookmarks to HTML file.
2. Develop a macro/script which extracts necessary info from this local bookmark HTML file and creates corresponding 'iim's on your drive.

FYI. I am able to write a similar code and to make the solution more ideal, would choose a 'js' script working under iMacros for Firefox.
iimfun

Return to iMacros for Chrome