Apple iTunes Sitemanager Website Locks Account With iMacros

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Apple iTunes Sitemanager Website Locks Account With iMacros

by Blottomania on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:47 am

Hi folks,

New to iMacros.

Here's the issue: I have podcasts on the iTunes store and I want to be able to manually refresh my podcast iTunes web cache when I have a new episode up. Note: People who are subscribed via iTunes will always see the latest episode, assuming my podcast feed is current. It's the iTunes web display of my podcasts that can get out of date quickly, as it's only refreshed by Apple about once every 24 hours or so.

In other words, if someone searches for my podcast and sees the web browser version of what iTunes has for my podcasts, it very well might not be current. Apple has advised that in order to help clear the web cache and refresh it, to do it through what they call their "iTunes Site Manager" site. What you do is log in with your AppleID user name and password on Site Manager, then go to the Podcasts tab, then find the podcast(s) you want to refresh, click on one to highlight it, and then go back to the top of the page and click on the Refresh button. That's the process.

URL: https://sitemanager.itunes.apple.com/We ... /wa/SignIn

When I go through the steps and record the macro, then log out of Site Manager and play the macro, Apple immediately locks my account. In order to unlock it, I need to change my password. My guess is that it's detecting a bot and locks the account access for security reasons.

What I've done: I've put in "WAIT SECONDS = x" (varying times for "x") in between each step in the macro to no avail. No matter what, sooner or later I get locked out with a "Your account has been locked" pop up.

I don't know at this point what else I can do. Does anyone have any tips on how to circumvent this? Thanks.
Blottomania

Re: Apple iTunes Sitemanager Website Locks Account With iMac

by chivracq on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:46 pm

Blottomania wrote:Hi folks,

New to iMacros.

Here's the issue: I have podcasts on the iTunes store and I want to be able to manually refresh my podcast iTunes web cache when I have a new episode up. Note: People who are subscribed via iTunes will always see the latest episode, assuming my podcast feed is current. It's the iTunes web display of my podcasts that can get out of date quickly, as it's only refreshed by Apple about once every 24 hours or so.

In other words, if someone searches for my podcast and sees the web browser version of what iTunes has for my podcasts, it very well might not be current. Apple has advised that in order to help clear the web cache and refresh it, to do it through what they call their "iTunes Site Manager" site. What you do is log in with your AppleID user name and password on Site Manager, then go to the Podcasts tab, then find the podcast(s) you want to refresh, click on one to highlight it, and then go back to the top of the page and click on the Refresh button. That's the process.

URL: https://sitemanager.itunes.apple.com/We ... /wa/SignIn

When I go through the steps and record the macro, then log out of Site Manager and play the macro, Apple immediately locks my account. In order to unlock it, I need to change my password. My guess is that it's detecting a bot and locks the account access for security reasons.

What I've done: I've put in "WAIT SECONDS = x" (varying times for "x") in between each step in the macro to no avail. No matter what, sooner or later I get locked out with a "Your account has been locked" pop up.

I don't know at this point what else I can do. Does anyone have any tips on how to circumvent this? Thanks.

CIM...! :mrgreen: (Always mention your FCI when you open a Thread, read my Sig, many Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions...)

Try selecting the "correct" Sub-Forum when you open a Thread, posting in the 'iMacros for CR' means that your Pb is specific to only CR and that you already have a working Script on iMB/IE/FF... (But no need to duplicate...)

It is normally "impossible" for a Web-Site/Page to detect "for sure" that you are using some (iMacros) Script, unless they go to a great amount of hassle to monitor the latent Time between each Click on their Site to determine that the "Speed" cannot be "human", but I've never seen a Site implement such Measures, and then indeed, playing with some mini-'WAIT' Statements should "trick" the Site...

Instead of many mini-'WAIT' Statements, you could play with '!REPLAYSPEED=MEDIUM/SLOW' for 1 or 2 Sec Delay between each Statement in your Script...

About my previous "normally impossible to detect", that is not completely true if you are using iMB (the iMacros Browser) which uses its own UA (User Agent) to identify itself, Scripts running on IE/FF/CR use the "Standard" UA of the Browser, but playing with the '!USERAGENT' iMacros Command (not available on IE) (or using some Browser Add-on allowing to change/spoof your UA) could be worth trying, like "pretending" you are on some Mobile iPhone or any other Apple Hardware...

Might be worth anyway to try with some UA for some Mobile Device, many Sites offer a Mobile Version of their Site in some "light" HTML-only Content without JavaScript Scripts behind, and if there is some anti-Bot Detection on that Site, it will be done via JavaScript...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Chrome