RuntimeError

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

RuntimeError

by aranjo on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:22 am

Hi
I tried with Chrom and FF
with both i get this error

Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR
URL GOTO=https://business.facebook.com/pg/Kientalerhof.ch/posts/?ref=page_internal
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:u_0_v
TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Von<SP>der<SP>Seite<SP>entfernen

RuntimeError: element A specified by ID:u_0_v was not found, line: 3

thanks
andy
aranjo

Re: RuntimeError

by chivracq on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:41 am

aranjo wrote:Hi
I tried with Chrom and FF
with both i get this error

Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR
URL GOTO=https://business.facebook.com/pg/Kientalerhof.ch/posts/?ref=page_internal
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:u_0_v
TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Von<SP>der<SP>Seite<SP>entfernen

RuntimeError: element A specified by ID:u_0_v was not found, line: 3

thanks
andy

Oh yeah...!, first a few "Administrative" Remarks for using the Forum "a bit correctly" if you want the best Help...:
1- No need to open Duplicate Threads, I already had to delete one Duplicate...

2- Try to select the correct Sub-Forum: The 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum is for Threads specific to only CR, for Scripts working in other Browsers but failing only on CR, if you mention that you tried both on CR and FF and your Script fails in both Browsers, then your Case is not specific to only CR...! Correct Sub-Forum would have been the 'General' one... (But no need to duplicate (again...!) now...)

3- Use a Descriptive Thread Title: Your "RuntimeError" is a bit "useless" as most Threads on the Forum are about some "RuntimeError", try searching the Forum with this Keyword...!

4- CIM/FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Always mention your FCI when you open a Thread, read my Sig..., many Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions... (And I normally don't even read the Threads when that Info is not mentioned, and certainly don't answer... Exception sometimes for time Posters like in your case...)

(+ Neat Follow-up and sharing your Solution to finish a Thread neatly and useful for other Users belong as well to "correct Use of the Forum", ah-ah...!)

>>>

OK, now about your Pb..., yep, normal, the ID in your "TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:u_0_v" is Dynamic and will change after each Reload of the Page, and FB is "known" indeed for its Dynamic ID's on most HTML Elements...
=> You need to use a "Wildcard" for the changing part in the ID (+ eventually adjust the 'POS=n' part), and/or use some other Attribute(s) to identify uniquely your Element, and/or use "Relative Positioning", or use some other Recording Mode like the 'EVENT' Mode for example... :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by aranjo on Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:58 am

Hi
thanks for you help
I do not understand the system. Its probably rather a tool for programmers

you can close this thread
regards
andy
aranjo

by chivracq on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:05 am

aranjo wrote:Hi
thanks for you help
I do not understand the system. Its probably rather a tool for programmers

you can close this thread
regards
andy

Hum, you don't need to be a Programmer to replace the changing part in "ATTR=ID:u_0_v" with a Wildcard (*), 10-year old Kids use iMacros so I guess it's not that complicated...

We don't "close" Threads on this Forum, maybe some other (Advanced) User might give you a different or more detailed Answer/Solution or some other User might have the same Pb...

Perfect Follow-up but you didn't "improve" your Thread Title by making it a bit more Descriptive of the Content of the Thread, and you didn't mention your FCI... But OK, never mind... :wink:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Chrome