Form filing with dynamic page changes but similar format

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Form filing with dynamic page changes but similar format

by Molteh on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Hello everyone!
I'm new here, but I've been enjoying imacros a lot.
I need help with a macro im writing:
It seems simple enough, as it's simply filling out a form.
But what's different is that the form changes every time you finish.
I'm trying to write the macro for a website to automate answering questions for a website named memrise
I'm trying to make a macro that auto fills in the word for the review section.
Here's the catch: I want the macro to check if a certain image is at the top of the page, and according to the image, input something unique to that image.
What the macro should do is have a database of images and of responses.
How would I set this up, as the box disappears if you mess up on the response, nulling the macro.
thanks in advance
Last edited by Molteh on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Molteh

Re: Help with new macro

by chivracq on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:52 pm

Molteh wrote:Hello everyone!
I'm new here, but I've been enjoying imacros a lot.
I need help with a macro im writing:
It seems simple enough, as it's simply filling out a form.
But what's different is that the form changes every time you finish.
I'm trying to write the macro for a website to automate answering questions for a website named memrise
I'm trying to make a macro that auto fills in the word for the review section.
Here's the catch: I want the macro to check if a certain image is at the top of the page, and according to the image, input something unique to that image.
What the macro should do is have a database of images and of responses.
How would I set this up, as the box disappears if you mess up on the response, nulling the macro.
thanks in advance

Pfff...!, Arrrgghh...!, Grrr...!!, Thread approved because no Spam, but very low Quality...! :mrgreen:
That's not the way to get some Help on a Technical Forum... :idea:

1- => Try to select the correct Sub-Forum when you open a Thread, your Thread doesn't look to me like it has anything specific to iMacros for CR only..., especially if you don't mention your FCI... (Read my Sig...) (But no need to duplicate now...) (When in "doubt", always select the 'General' one...)

2- => CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig again, you probably didn't understand its Content at your first Reading, hum..., Glimpse I guess...)

3- Thread Title is completely useless... :roll: , everybody needs "Help with (new) macro" on this Forum..., what is the Content about...?
=> Give your Thread a DESCRIPTIVE Title about its Content... You should be able to find similar Threads using Keywords from your Thread Title... well, good luck with "Help+with+new+macro", ah-ah....! Or other Users with a similar Case/Qt should be able to find this one when searching the Forum..., and know what your Thread is about without having to open and read it completely... :idea:

>>>

To summarize, comply already with '2-' and '3-' for any Follow-up from my part..., and only then I will read your Post... But I don't see any Script..., read my Sig again about that... :idea:
Last edited by chivracq on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: Form filing with dyanamic page changes but similar forma

by Molteh on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:21 am

I am trying to write a new script, but i need help with how to write it ;(
Script:
VERSION BUILD=12.0.501.2305
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
'SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 0.00
URL GOTO=https://www.memrise.com/home/
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Review<SP>(39)
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Type<SP>the<SP>Spanish<SP>for<SP>the<SP>English<SP>above<SP>and<SP>press<SP>Enter:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:to<SP>spend<SP>time<SP>with<SP>friends<SP>phrase
IMAGECLICK POS=1 IMAGE=20171007_1018.png CONFIDENCE=95 CONTENT=pasar<SP>tiempo<SP>con<SP>amigos

The script has to change, as the word given/shown changes, so the answer must change accordingly:
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
'SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 0.00
TAG POS=2 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Review<SP>(37)
IMAGECLICK POS=1 IMAGE=20171007_1019.png CONFIDENCE=95 CONTENT=a<SP>mi<SP>tampoco
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=CLASS:roundy<SP>shiny-box<SP>typing-type-here<SP>correct CONTENT=a<SP>mi<SP>tampoco
IMAGECLICK POS=1 IMAGE=20171007_1019.png CONFIDENCE=95 CONTENT=te<SP>gusta
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=CLASS:roundy<SP>shiny-box<SP>typing-type-here<SP>correct CONTENT=te<SP>gusta

If you want to see what i mena about dynamic page changes, go to memrise.com, register with a google account, and try any course to see how it changes
Molteh

by chivracq on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:58 am

Molteh wrote:I am trying to write a new script, but i need help with how to write it ;(
Script:
Code: Select all
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
'SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 0.00
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Review<SP>(39)
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Type<SP>the<SP>Spanish<SP>for<SP>the<SP>English<SP>above<SP>and<SP>press<SP>Enter:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:to<SP>spend<SP>time<SP>with<SP>friends<SP>phrase
IMAGECLICK POS=1 IMAGE=20171007_1018.png CONFIDENCE=95 CONTENT=pasar<SP>tiempo<SP>con<SP>amigos

The script has to change, as the word given/shown changes, so the answer must change accordingly:
Code: Select all
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
'SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 0.00
TAG POS=2 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Review<SP>(37)
IMAGECLICK POS=1 IMAGE=20171007_1019.png CONFIDENCE=95 CONTENT=a<SP>mi<SP>tampoco
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=CLASS:roundy<SP>shiny-box<SP>typing-type-here<SP>correct CONTENT=a<SP>mi<SP>tampoco
IMAGECLICK POS=1 IMAGE=20171007_1019.png CONFIDENCE=95 CONTENT=te<SP>gusta
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=CLASS:roundy<SP>shiny-box<SP>typing-type-here<SP>correct CONTENT=te<SP>gusta

If you want to see what i mena about dynamic page changes, go to memrise.com, register with a google account, and try any course to see how it changes

OK, Thread Title much better now :D , even if you should notice that the End gets truncated when you do a Reply and your last Word "format" becomes "forma"..., but luckily, you have a Typo in "dyanamic" with an extra "a", then if you remove this "a", the Thread Title will still have exactly enough Place to display "format" completely... :idea:

Perfect for posting your Script even if I don't understand exactly what you mean with "as the word given/shown changes" but I guess it's probably a bit obviously if I can have a look at the Site... Hum, I don't register for all Sites Users on the Forum play a Game or have a Pb with, but I might still do it with this one if I can simply use my Google Account without any hassle and getting Spam from this Site...

But...!, the FCI part is still not OK...! => "CIM" becomes maybe 'FCIM" now but your FCI is completely unclear...
v12.0 is a Version for iMB and IE, while you had posted in the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum, so I would expect at least some CR Version..., or did you simply post in the first random Sub-Forum you could find...!? :?
'IMAGECLICK' is as well a Command that is only implemented/supported on iMB/IE, and not on CR (nor FF)...
=> FCIM...! :mrgreen:

But hum, I mostly only use the Free iMacros for FF Add-on, I've never used iMB so I've never had a chance to use 'IMAGECLICK'...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by Molteh on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:21 pm

Requesting thread relocation to general Imacros issues.
Molteh

Re: Form filing with dynamic page changes but similar format

by chivracq on Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:24 pm

Molteh wrote:Requesting thread relocation to general Imacros issues.

Pff..., yep, won't help, I cannot move Threads from one Sub-Forum to another one after I've approved them, only the Forum Admin can do it, but hum..., he doesn't check the Forum that often, it could take 6 months..., keep that "Recommendation" in mind for the next time you need to open a Thread... 8)

=> Simply follow up on this one, and maybe a bit quicker than once every 2 weeks, I already don't remember what your Thread was about but I still see an "FCIM" from me in my last Reply from some quick Scan, you need to comply and to mention your FCI, I don't do any "Digging" if you don't mention your exact Environment with all 3 Versions, sorry... :roll:
(And as you can see, nobody else tried to help you since you opened your Thread, so you can better comply with my "Request" I would think..., it looks like I'm still your "best/only Friend" on the Forum until now... :idea: )

You probably already had gotten your Answer(s) 2 weeks ago when you opened your Thread if you had taken 2 min to read the Forum Rules for Required Info to include in your Post or had answered my Qt about mentioning your FCI... I can't believe mentioning 3 Versions about your Env. is so-so-so-very-very difficult, or is it...!? :shock:

Hum, +1 for Thread Title which is now correct... :D
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Chrome