Can't extract empty value

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Can't extract empty value

by rigsel on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:39 am

Hi everyone,

If I extract an empty input element, it doesn't get saved on the CSV. Non-empty values are saved.
I found the same issue for Firefox, reported as a bug
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21628

How can I do it?

I'm using on Chrome version 8.4.4
rigsel

Re: Can't extract empty value

by chivracq on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:05 am

rigsel wrote:Hi everyone,

If I extract an empty input element, it doesn't get saved on the CSV. Non-empty values are saved.
I found the same issue for Firefox, reported as a bug
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21628

How can I do it?

I'm using on
Code: Select all
Chrome version 8.4.4

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
Even if, hum..., that's already better than in your first Thread, at least we know now that you are using v8.4.4. for CR..., veryyyy gooood...! Sorry, but I don't react to Threads when FCI is not mentioned... 8)

"How can I do it?"
=> Well, what's the Pb then...?, simply use the easy Workaround I provided in that other Thread I would think...! :idea:
(Very good that you managed to locate this similar Thread btw..., I had forgotten about it to be honest... :D )

Hum, that Thread is already from 4 years ago, ah-ah...! Must have been one of the firsts Threads I handled when I started answering Threads after joining the Forum then, ah-ah...! I could think of a few other Workarounds now, but the one I provided then still looks very elegant and efficient to me..., and wouldn't do any harm to your Script, even if the Bug got solved in some later Version or didn't occur in some other Browser...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Chrome