Can't get File source

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Can't get File source

by imacrosid on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:09 am

Hello , i got some problem with access source file , I already install http://download.imacros.net/iMacros-for-Chrome-File-Access-Setup-Win.exe , already too install uninstall my chrome and iMacros extension

I have waited for several hours , but still loading :cry:

Chrome Version 61.0.3163.79
iMacros version 8.4.4

Maybe i do something wrong ? :shock:
imacrosid

Re: Can't get File source

by evaporated on Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:19 am

Have you gone into the options and added the path to the file location to your settings?
evaporated

by imacrosid on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:39 am

evaporated wrote:Have you gone into the options and added the path to the file location to your settings?

yes i've do it, and no changes
imacrosid

by imacrosid on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:05 pm

up for help :cry:
imacrosid

by chivracq on Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:17 am

imacrosid wrote:Hello , i got some problem with access source file , I already install http://download.imacros.net/iMacros-for-Chrome-File-Access-Setup-Win.exe , already too install uninstall my chrome and iMacros extension

I have waited for several hours , but still loading :cry:

Code: Select all
Chrome Version 61.0.3163.79
iMacros version 8.4.4

Maybe i do something wrong ? :shock:

Oh, good...! You are now using the "Standard" iMacros for CR Version...! Last time you posted your FCI in some previous Thread, you were using some "exotic" v8.8.4 for CR Version I had never heard of...! :?
OK, FCI mentioned, even if OS is still missing, some Win OS I reckon, if you selected the correct FIO-Module to install..., hum and confirmed by some later Screenshot with your Paths...

But hum, I don't really use iMacros for CR even if I installed a few weeks ago v8.4.4 on CR61 just like you (+ Win10_x64) + FIO-Module for Win32/64, your Config looks correct, and it works "fine" for me, I still find iMacros for CR pretty buggy and full of mini-Imperfections, compared to iMacros for FF that I use myself, but it works/worked for the Tests I wanted to do...

imacrosid wrote:
evaporated wrote:Have you gone into the options and added the path to the file location to your settings?

yes i've do it, and no changes

Yep, your Paths look correct, and it should work, especially if you reinstalled CR61 and iMacros for CR v8.4.4 + FIO-Module from scratch, it works for me... and for all Users using iMacros for CR v8.4.4...

The only thing I can think of is that your Paths link to some 'admin' User... Are you sure you are logged onto Windows with this same 'admin' Logon...?, and that you have enough Rights to access those Folders...?
I would rater expect the Paths to link to the 'All Users' or some 'imacrosid' User Folders, depending from which Account and for which User(s), you installed the Browser, unless you created a Custom User called "admin" which could be "dangerous" as you already have some (Hidden) Default 'Admin' User on WinOSes...
iMacros for CR v8.x with some external FIO-Module had to be released because of some File Access Restriction from CR (in CR39, I think I remember), I wouldn't be surprised if CR prevents automatically Access to the 'admin'/'Admin' User, especially for Local File Access, for Security Reasons to prevent any Web/Browser Exploits... :idea:

Can you play the Demo-Macros from Bookmarks...?
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Chrome