IMAGE RECOGNITION FAILS ON X86 MACHINES

Discussions and Tech Support related to using the iMacros Component for .NET in your applications.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

IMAGE RECOGNITION FAILS ON X86 MACHINES

by crmtsolutions on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:10 pm

I have come across a baffling scenario where my applications fail when using the image recognition feature on 32 bit machines. To date, the only machines i can get my program working successfully on is 64bit machines. Please Help!

Here are some additional details.

-My C# Visual Studio 2008 project is targeting the x86 platform
-I have insured that Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package has been installed
-Program works fine on 64 bit machines (provided the 64 bit version of the Redistributable package is installed)

Whenever i run the program on a 32 bit machine, there is a point in the program where an image has to be identified on a specific URL, if the image is not found, the program goes to the next URL in the list and will try to find the image there. Again, this program works fine on 64 bit computers but not 32 bit computers. I have tested and retested this to be the case. And i have checked and rechecked that i have the appropriate version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package.

Originally i thought it was just XP but i noticed that a 32 bit version of Vista failed at running the program successfully as well. The hang up is always with the image recognition part of the program where the image IS present but the program simply passes over it and goes to the next url.

Is their something i am missing here? I have tested it on 7 different computers ranging from xp to windows 7 and the program never works on a 32 bit Operating System even though i have x86 as the specified platform to target.

I feel like i am missing something obvious but don't know what it is.

Your feedback is much appreciated.
crmtsolutions

Re: IMAGE RECOGNITION FAILS ON X86 MACHINES

by Marcia, Tech Support on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:50 am

Hello,

I think we have solved your problem in support. However, I would like to reply here only in case someone else gets into the same problem.

Image Recognition needs the Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Runtime Libraries (x86), as stated in the readme file for the iMacros Component. That means: msvcr90.dll, msvcp90.dll, msvcm90.dll, vcomp90.dll, and their manifests Microsoft.VC90.CRT.manifest and Microsoft.VC90.OpenMP.manifest. An important detail is the version, which should be 9.0.30729.xxxx (x86!). The safest is to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86), which gets all patches and security fixes from Microsoft.
Regards,

Marcia
Marcia, Tech Support

Return to iMacros Component for .NET