How to copy text from source code of a website???

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

How to copy text from source code of a website???

by mshsohelrana on Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:15 am

I'm facing a problem when I'm using Imacros to copy text from source code of a website. It can not copy. Any one help me plz.
Here 2 picture, 1
1.JPG
is browsing popup and 2
1.JPG
is source code, I need to copy yellow mark text to another page.
Attachments
2.JPG
mshsohelrana

Re: How to copy text from source code of a website???

by chivracq on Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:46 pm

mshsohelrana wrote:I'm facing a problem when I'm using Imacros to copy text from source code of a website. It can not copy. Any one help me plz.
Here 2 picture, 1
1.JPG
is browsing popup and 2
1.JPG
is source code, I need to copy yellow mark text to another page.

CIM...! :mrgreen:

And it would be easier/handier if you posted the Source Code of your Page in plain Text in your OP rather than as a Screenshot...
And even better is with the URL of the Page...

But from a quick look as I normally don't answer Threads when FCI is not mentioned, if you can see/access your Data from the Source of the Page, that means that you can extract it (as 'HTM') from some HTML Element on the Page and isolate your String using 'EVAL()' + 'split()'... :idea:
Last edited by chivracq on Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by mshsohelrana on Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:01 pm

Sometime popup doesn't come, so need to copy from source code, tnx 4 reply
mshsohelrana

by chivracq on Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:10 am

mshsohelrana wrote:Sometime popup doesn't come, so need to copy from source code, tnx 4 reply

Okay..., but that's not exactly the kind of Follow-up I was expecting...:
FCI still not mentioned, and if you managed to find the Answer to your Qt, you are expected to share the Solution and to finish the Thread neatly. Don't be surprised if I don't answer your future Threads otherwise...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by chivracq on Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:29 pm

mshsohelrana wrote:I would like to copy some text from a popup message box,
1.JPG
here the pop up message box and yellow mark text I want to copy and paste on the next tab
2.JPG
, here is 2nd tab image where I want to paste.
Please help me if u know

thanks

Pfff...!, there is no need to spam the Forum by opening a Duplicate Thread in some other Sub-Forum completely similar to this one...! :mrgreen:
- How to copy text from popup

Using the Forum a bit correctly is by following up on your Threads and not by starting Duplicates...
Other Thread will be reported (in 1h) and deleted unless you delete it before...
Sorry, Show-stopper for me...
chivracq

by chivracq on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:27 pm

Hum, FCI finally mentioned in Duplicate Thread:
mshsohelrana wrote:Re: How to copy text from popup
by mshsohelrana on 26 Mar 2016, 08:11
Code: Select all
My operation system windows 8.1,
Browser Mozilla Firefox 45.0.1 and
imacros version 8.9.6

Some other User replied in the Duplicate => Duplicate Thread cannot be deleted by User anymore, will be deleted or merged by TechSup...
chivracq

Return to Data Extraction and Web Screen Scraping