Skip steps if text is found

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Skip steps if text is found

by mrjjman on Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:48 pm

Hey everyone, I'm trying to find out if it's possible for a section to be skipped if a specific text is found in a webpage. For example, say I have a macro that is going to 10 websites and extracting 10 different items from each page. The first item is either "skip to next page" or "extract all items", just to be simple. If the "skip to next page" is present, instead of extracting the remaining 9 items, that section of the macro is skipped and the macro moves to the next page. If the "extract all items" is found, then the remaining 9 items are extracted and the macro would move to the next page. Basically, and IF argument to either continue the macro or skip steps.
mrjjman

Re: Skip steps if text is found

by chivracq on Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:36 am

mrjjman wrote:Hey everyone, I'm trying to find out if it's possible for a section to be skipped if a specific text is found in a webpage. For example, say I have a macro that is going to 10 websites and extracting 10 different items from each page. The first item is either "skip to next page" or "extract all items", just to be simple. If the "skip to next page" is present, instead of extracting the remaining 9 items, that section of the macro is skipped and the macro moves to the next page. If the "extract all items" is found, then the remaining 9 items are extracted and the macro would move to the next page. Basically, and IF argument to either continue the macro or skip steps.

Yep, possible and/or not needed...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by mrjjman on Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:47 am

So an "and/or" isn't needed, but what is?
mrjjman

by chivracq on Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:09 am

mrjjman wrote:So an "and/or" isn't needed, but what is?

Sorry..., "CIM" for me to follow up..., read my Sig... :roll:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by thecoder2012 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:11 am

You can use two iim files with eval (js) and url goto OR use javascript with iMacros for Firefox.
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me!
thecoder2012

Return to Data Extraction and Web Screen Scraping